Another new E-Biker with decision to make!

Rickspeed

Feb 5, 2023
French Alps
Hope you can help.
I have a list of 4 enduro e-bikes to choose from, all have there own pros and cons.
1. Pole Voima
2. Rocky Mountain Powerplay C70
3. Orbea Wild M - Team 2023
4. Scott Patron 900 ST tuned

Factors of power, weight, agility, playfulness, climbing, downhill performance, easy of use are all taken into consideration.
All my riding is done in the French alps enduro trails.
I’m an okay average rider, but prefer a bike that gives confidence with plush suspension and fun to ride.
My heart says go with the the Pole Voima just for the look and engineering, but not the weight. My head says either the Orbea Wild or Scott Patron. And in the middle the Rocky Mountain Powereplay, more power, but worried about the reliability of the motor.
What do you think, can you give me any guidance or recommendations.

Your YouTube contant is so good and informative, keep up the great work

Many thanks in advance for your reply

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Well I have the Orbea 2021 wild M team, and I love it. In saying that, all these bikes are good so you’ll not be disappointed, I’d personally factor in support, from a LBS if things go south. And they do from time to time.

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Coming from a Rise and looking at the 23 Wild, I would get the Wild of the bikes on your list 170/160. I'm not biased as I just put a deposit on 22 Levo after one demo ride.

I could be wrong, but from looks alone, the Pole will be the least agile bike on your list.

As mentioned, I would also take in consideration of your local dealer support.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Warrenty support from your LBS which you hopefully have a good relationship with after spending that kind of cash.
Factors of power, weight, agility, playfulness, climbing, downhill performance
Are all compromises that you will have to make choices on with the components selected. My vote is for an Orbea.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
For your first emtb, buy one from a dealer that you don't mid dropping the bike off to, driving home and then getting a call to say it's fixed. You drive back to find it isn't fixed! (Not necessarily the dealer's fault, these things happen). What I'm trying to illustrate is the problems with a dealer that is a long way away, rather than a 40 min round trip!

Rickspeed

Feb 5, 2023
French Alps
Thank you for the replies and recommendations référence shop and dealer support.
Taking this in mind which bike would everyone go for? The Orbea Wild or other?

If shop and dealer support didn’t matter which bike would everyone go for??
1. Pole Voima
2. Rocky Mountain Powerplay C70
3. Orbea Wild M - Team 2023
4. Scott Patron 900 ST tuned
or other?
Thanks.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
my favorite motor is the bosch for reliability , feel and power delivery so probably the wild

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
I agree that you could try the top 2 (my picks would be Orbea and Scott) Given the state of the industry, you should be able to find demos. Your feeling on the bike is second to none for selection. Enjoy!

Dynamo

Apr 3, 2022
Victoria BC
I’ve had my Rocky for almost a year now. No issues whatsoever. Haven’t seen or heard of many either. This forum has been full of issues with the other brands of motors tho. Could just be the popularity thing as there are more Shimano and Bosch powered bikes out there

Grendel

Subscriber
Dec 20, 2021
Texas
I love my Rise M10 but would classify it more as a cross country bike and not a bit enduro downhill performer. It fits my riding perfectly and isn't incapable as an enduro bike but it isn't optimized for it. If you are riding a lot of enduro parks, I'd encourage you to look at the others.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles