Another Flow update?

MasterDabber

Aug 18, 2023
Surrey
When I went for a ride this morning and opened my FLOW app, was asked to install a new update. Anyone know anything about this? I'm currently running 1.20.6 (1052) on Android.
I haven't done the update as I don't know anything about it other than it seems to relate to Komoot and gpx routing.

Last edited:

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I just went out to the garage and checked. There was indeed a new version of the firmware available. It's now installed and ready for today's ride.

I always keep software and firmware up-to-date. Every version will include technical improvements that the manufacturers will never advertise, and the users will never know about.

Last edited:

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
When I went for a ride this morning and opened my FLOW app, was asked to install a new update. Anyone know anything about this? I'm currently running 1.20.6 (1052) on Android.
I haven't done the update as I don't know anything about it other than it seems to relate to Komoot and gpx routing.

MasterDabber

Aug 18, 2023
Surrey
So as I don't bother with the Bosch Flow/Kiox routing is the update worth while? I'm always nervous about new updates.

Pedro1664

Apr 7, 2021
Reading
I have updated in the hope it has fixed a few bugs in the 1.18 version. I had a few odd screens on the Kiox 300 while out riding and lots of error messages... also i notice the 2 x emtb (short crank ) choices has changed, only one option now in the mode selector. Not been out on it yet, but have high hopes!!

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
also i notice the 2 x emtb (short crank ) choices has changed, only one option now in the mode selector.

I just checked the options, and you're right. Now there's only one EMTB mode available. The whole list is shorter than before. The modes that are no longer available are those that didn't make much sense for the type of riding for which my bike was intended.

If your bike is throwing up error codes, you might want to investigate. One error could be considered an anomaly and nothing to lose sleep over. Two error codes is something to keep an eye on. Once you have three or more, you might be establishing a pattern and have something to start thinking about.

Pedro1664

Apr 7, 2021
Reading
I just checked the options, and you're right. Now there's only one EMTB mode available. The whole list is shorter than before. The modes that are no longer available are those that didn't make much sense for the type of riding for which my bike was intended.

If your bike is throwing up error codes, you might want to investigate. One error could be considered an anomaly and nothing to lose sleep over. Two error codes is something to keep an eye on. Once you have three or more, you might be establishing a pattern and have something to start thinking about.
Ok, these were in the app last time I had a look... Will try tomorrow with my weekend ride, hope that don't show up again . Only started after 1.18 update

Screenshot_2024-04-17-17-52-37-51_e9e9b063417e1b420a30dcc04ae1d50a.jpg

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
431 is outdated or incompatible software. I read that it's recommended to take it to the dealer, but your firmware update might fix it. I don't know about 420, but 431 sounds like an easy fix.

Prozor

Apr 12, 2024
Polska
After yesterday's update, Kiox replaced the letter "ó" with "?" and now the messages "W górę"/"W dół" ("Up"/"Down") etc. look like this: "W g?rę"/"W d?ł". A bit annoying.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles