Aluminium hardtail frame

CharlesM99

Jul 28, 2023
Switzerland
Hi all,
I have almost enough spare bike parts to build up another bike, just missing the frame. So obviously I should build up an E-Bike!

Since I have to get a frame either way, makes sense to get a proper E-Bike one with the integrated motor and battery.

Ideally I'd find an aluminum hard tail MTB frame that can handle 27.5x3.0 tires. Anyone know a source for a frame like that?

I'm allowed up to 500W motor where I am so I'm considering the M600.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated 👍

Hardtail

Mar 8, 2021
Uk
I would get something with a Bosch motor, you can get all the parts from Germany:
Hybrid Mountainbike / Road | SchlierseerBikeparts
I run a mondraker with 29 x 2.6 front 27.5 x 2.8 rear. It can fit a 3.0
A9971308-73A5-4CB0-B7B9-1FDAE236224A.jpeg

Hardtail

Mar 8, 2021
Uk
Thanks for that link. Looks like there are a lot of frames that match what I am looking for!

Looks like a nice bike. Did you build that up yourself?
I purchased it complete, Prime+, then had it soda blasted and left it raw. The best upgrade, apart from the Pike, is the 2 degree angled headset. It has taken it from 69’ down to 66’ with the mullet setup. I am now thinking I might get a 140mm airshock for the pike for a bit more travel and slackness, although the seat tube angle suffers on hardtails, i run it all the way forward when in the mountains…

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Hi all,
I have almost enough spare bike parts to build up another bike, just missing the frame. So obviously I should build up an E-Bike!

Since I have to get a frame either way, makes sense to get a proper E-Bike one with the integrated motor and battery.

Ideally I'd find an aluminum hard tail MTB frame that can handle 27.5x3.0 tires. Anyone know a source for a frame like that?

I'm allowed up to 500W motor where I am so I'm considering the M600.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated 👍

I buy this hardtail twice. Quality is good, geometry is enough for light trail riding. Match with M510/M600 motor with 620Wh battery.

CharlesM99

Jul 28, 2023
Switzerland

I buy this hardtail twice. Quality is good, geometry is enough for light trail riding. Match with M510/M600 motor with 620Wh battery.
That looks like a complete bike. I think at most I'd want a frame, battery and motor all together.

atlet

Aug 4, 2023
Slovenija
They can sell only frame and battery. with motor also. just ask them. Find Andy Gong, she handle me nice.
They have only frame size 16" and 18". Any other source for bigger frame? At least 19". Also, it's ok M410 or better to select M510 Bafang motor? Is there a big diference and worth the extra money?

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
They have only frame size 16" and 18". Any other source for bigger frame? At least 19". Also, it's ok M410 or better to select M510 Bafang motor? Is there a big diference and worth the extra money?
I don't know for others frame. M510 v2 worth with extra money.

atlet

Aug 4, 2023
Slovenija
@temon10 I have some problems with bike. Did you have same issues as I have.

The wearing on brake pads it's not even. This is very dangerous. This problem is present on frond and rear brake. How can I solve this issue?
IMG_20240224_110247.jpg

Hardtail

Mar 8, 2021
Uk
@atlet I am assuming you built this bike yourself or did you buy it complete?

You have the wrong caliper spacer for the brake rotor size.

Looks like your derailleur needs limit screws adjusting. Which derailleur and cassette are you running?

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
@irie and how can I fix this? I can't lower the adapter.
Remove any washers to lower the adapters. If this does not work then either buy the correct adapters or very carefully grind the adapters down so that the calipers sits in the right position, but be very careful with bolt lengths.

Edit: just a thought, although they look correct are the adapters upside down?

Last edited:

atlet

Aug 4, 2023
Slovenija

Looks like your derailleur needs limit screws adjusting. Which derailleur and cassette are you running?
No, I buy already assembled. This are photos of back, but I' can't remove anything.
IMG_20240224_110812.jpg
IMG_20240224_111243.jpg

atlet

Aug 4, 2023
Slovenija

Derailleur is adjusted. It's SHIMANO DEORE/M6100-12S

Hardtail

Mar 8, 2021
Uk
Derailleur is adjusted. It's SHIMANO DEORE/M6100-12S
is it adjusted correctly though? Otherwise, the offset of the chainring is too great or the cassette is too big for the derailleur.

Start with taking the washers out from under the calliper adapter, they shouldn't be there, and look at the part number.

Have you got a spec sheet for the bike?

Hardtail

Mar 8, 2021
Uk
Well the derailleur max (51T) matches the cassette 50T so it must be out of adjustment.

Have you adjusted it yourself, B-tension and limits, or was it they same person who put the washers under the caliper adapters?

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
From the spec sheet your brakes are Shimano MT200. MT200 brake pads friction pad height is (I think) 16mm. From your pad photo it looks like about 2.5-3mm of pad is not in contact with the rotor (which the rotor also shows). So I guess you need an adapter about 3mm lower. Or as said before perhaps simply remove the extra washers between the caliper and the adapter and also between the adapter and the fork.

atlet

Aug 4, 2023
Slovenija
From the spec sheet your brakes are Shimano MT200. MT200 brake pads friction pad height is (I think) 16mm. From your pad photo it looks like about 2.5-3mm of pad is not in contact with the rotor (which the rotor also shows). So I guess you need an adapter about 3mm lower. Or as said before perhaps simply remove the extra washers between the caliper and the adapter and also between the adapter and the fork.
I'll try. Where can I find this kind of adapter, that are a few mm lower?

atlet

Aug 4, 2023
Slovenija
is it adjusted correctly though? Otherwise, the offset of the chainring is too great or the cassette is too big for the derailleur.
I observed (and adjusted correctly) but the problem is under load that on granny gear the chain don't sit nicely to this gear. Maby the cassette is of bad quality.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I'll try. Where can I find this kind of adapter, that are a few mm lower?
What is the part number of the adapter?

What thickness are the 4 washers?

Edit: in your photo there is a washer between the caliper and adapter. I think it should not be there.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles