Alternative Purion Mount?

Hob Nob

Jun 4, 2020
UK
Does anyone know where or it something similar to the below is available to buy?

I rarely use the controller, and don't like it stuck on the bars, so would make more sense to place it next to the stem, similar to the Cube Kiox & other mounts.

But, cant seem to find anything on Google - anyone got any ideas?

Topstone-Neo-650b-ebike-display-options.jpg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I’m not sure why you would want the controls far away from your thumb? ...or why you would have to remove your hand to control the mode?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
A lot of people just put the bike in one mode and go ride it, and as such cleaning up the cockpit is a nice option to have.

BrentD

Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
How about this?

That's exactly what I have been looking for to mount my Purion on my Rail but need it in 35mm clamp size which seem all but impossible to find.

BrentD

Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
I’m not sure why you would want the controls far away from your thumb? ...or why you would have to remove your hand to control the mode?
I just stick it in EMTB mode and ride for 95% of the time. The only time I'll be dialing the power back will be on flat, easy trails where taking a hand off is not a problem.

Hob Nob

Jun 4, 2020
UK
That's exactly what I have been looking for to mount my Purion on my Rail but need it in 35mm clamp size which seem all but impossible to find.

Also on 35mm bars & having the same 1st world problem...

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I just stick it in EMTB mode and ride for 95% of the time. The only time I'll be dialing the power back will be on flat, easy trails where taking a hand off is not a problem.
That’s true. I’m about the same but I now have the Kiox. I liked the idea of a mid-display and try to clean-up the cockpit at the same time.
I wonder if the purion could be mounted on the Knock-block screw with a custom mount from a 3-d printer? Could be a nice option.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I made myself this, going to try it for a couple of rides

View attachment 49490
There you go. The location is pretty good. I’m not sure which is better. Seeing the screen in that position or easy access to the mode with your thumb. I’m usually in one mode for 80% of the time also. The only problem I see here is operating the walk-mode. Not a big problem though.

VOOBOY

Nov 19, 2019
South Yorkshire
There you go. The location is pretty good. I’m not sure which is better. Seeing the screen in that position or easy access to the mode with your thumb. I’m usually in one mode for 80% of the time also. The only problem I see here is operating the walk-mode. Not a big problem though.
Thanks @Stihldog, for me I’m 90% in eco so don’t really constantly swap modes. In addition I don’t really use walk mode. I’m fully aware it won’t suit everyone but suits me and that’s all that matters!

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
, for me I’m 90% in eco so don’t really constantly swap modes. In addition I don’t really use walk mode. I’m fully aware it won’t suit everyone but suits me and that’s all that matters!
Here’s a cleaver idea. This 3D-printer custom mount for the purion might be something I could use too.
I have two hard tails with the Purion and we ride them mostly in Eco-mode. Mounting towards the centre kinda cleans up the cockpit. My Rail 9.7 has the Kiox mounted on the stem and the controls close to my left thumb. This is more convenient since I switch modes often and at times when I don’t want to remove my hands.
Anyways, I think you have right idea. I might try this.

Rik08

Jan 9, 2021
Leamington
Been looking into trying to find something, sorry for jumping onto an old thread, found this and thought it may work, just need a bit of 35mm bar to fit to it to remotely move Purion
Olight FB-1 Universal Bike Mount for 10~35mm Torches/Flashlight (Mount Only)

folmonty

Mar 11, 2021
NorCal
What about using the top tube and Velcro? In agreement but haven't had the bike long enough to know better. Seeing what other bikes use does have me thinking though? Don't really like that display on the handlebars.

VOOBOY

Nov 19, 2019
South Yorkshire
Been using the one I made in the pic earlier in this thread for 2 months and it's fine for me. If you're constantly changing modes maybe not the best but if you are a "leave in EMTB" rider it's spot on. Bike can be flipped over with no worries of damaging the display as well. As I said, it won't suit everyone but suits my riding style and that's all matters

folmonty

Mar 11, 2021
NorCal
Been using the one I made in the pic earlier in this thread for 2 months and it's fine for me. If you're constantly changing modes maybe not the best but if you are a "leave in EMTB" rider it's spot on. Bike can be flipped over with no worries of damaging the display as well. As I said, it won't suit everyone but suits my riding style and that's all matters
Care to share what clamp you used and such? After taking the rear wheel off using a bike stand doing that on the trail wouldn't be much fun without flipping her upside down onto the bars. As a side note: I'd been wondering about absolute enormous size of the handlebars on eMTB's. Not sure if they're all this big but was comparing to my Trek EX9 these things are 6" longer, 3" plus per side! Maybe this is so the bike will balance better resting upside down? :ROFLMAO: Thx @VOOBOY

Last edited:

Rik08

Jan 9, 2021
Leamington
I made myself this, going to try it for a couple of rides

View attachment 49490
This looks good, but personally use the different modes, so I’d want to keep it in same place on bars, just moved a tad lower ! So wouldn’t need the 35mm clamp, but can’t seem to find anything that’s around the 21.8 both sides ! I like the way yours is still close to the bars

VOOBOY

Nov 19, 2019
South Yorkshire
Care to share what clamp you used and such? After taking the rear wheel off using a bike stand doing that on the trail wouldn't be much fun without flipping her upside down onto the bars. As a side note: I'd been wondering about absolute enormous size of the handlebars on eMTB's. Not sure if they're all this big but was comparing to my Trek EX9 these things are 6" longer, 3" plus per side! Maybe this is so the bike will balance better resting upside down? :ROFLMAO: Thx @VOOBOY
EAF771FB-4110-48B5-B229-66D71011F993.png

I used this @folmonty, got it off amazon . I modified it as I have access to a machine shop who made me a part to make it a little neater and compact

Rik08

Jan 9, 2021
Leamington
I looked at these but would make purion to far away from bars I think ! I am going for the Amazon universal mount I posted earlier and some tube off eBay, will put pictures up when done - about £10

Rik08

Jan 9, 2021
Leamington
So tried using this from Amazon, gave me the perfect position I was after but unfortunately not sturdy enough and it moves when u press the button ! Worth a try, I’ll send it back ! Tube was a bit of old shower rail I had !
0EF9118F-F018-47C6-ABB0-F4E14B7F061A.jpeg

Spangoolies

Nov 5, 2022
UK
Sorry to revive an old thread but spent a couple of evenings mucking about trying to get my purion off the bars and out of harms way so I can view it and also be able to turn the bike upside down. Played around with some brackets until I realised I’m over complicating it. Just used a longer bolt on the stem and mounted it there. Used a spare foot from a kitchen unit with the threads shaved down. Only drawback is it requires a socket to remove the stem as this needs removing first but that’s hardly often enough to worry about until I can find a nut that can be loosened with an Allen key.

EE5A612C-2F1D-40B4-BA3A-D88764FDB307.jpeg 8BB0020F-D65D-46F5-B884-1174F0C60A04.jpeg 5A4B9B5C-CBAA-46FC-A14B-5F7C790F84EF.jpeg 493C9CAD-7926-49B6-9BAB-C940FAE773FE.jpeg

Last edited:

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland

Spangoolies

Nov 5, 2022
UK
Looks ideal for me too, though I'd orientate it so the display sits over the stem.
Yer that would have been nice but would screw me for access to my swat stem multi tool. Have to loosen the purion it to rotate it.
Edit: just realised you were referring to someone else’s post

Last edited:

folmonty

Mar 11, 2021
NorCal
Very clever, but found I'm using it once in a while very quickly where if it weren't handy at the bars I'd be walking it up the hill. Over the esthetics of it now and just enjoying the bike as is. If I were more aggressive rider would probably swap it out or go to something else.

Wilbur

Dec 12, 2022
New Zealand
image.jpg
Been running my homemade/3D printed ‘Laylo’ mount for a few rides now. Very much improved location for protection and reduced clutter. No problem switching modes riding, not that I fiddle with them very much.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK

(The bracket in the centre is for my phone which has UK 1:25k OS mapping on it).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles