Adjust handlebar height, need help..

badkarma

Apr 16, 2020
Manchester, UK
Hi Folks, does anyone know how easy it is to adjust my handlebar height? What tools and additional stuff I need to do it?

Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500 - 23" frame

I found this URL but unsure if it useful...

95CBFE17-5B03-43FC-BE8C-4F97C17D8991.jpeg

Reactions: MsO

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
It looks like your stem is as high as it will go i.e. the spacers are all below the stem.
A riser bar is your next option (taller handlebars). I can't see how much rise your current bars have but they generally go up to around 50mm rise.

Darren66

Mar 7, 2020
uk
From the photo, it looks like you have a headset spacer above the stem, these are normally 5 or 10mm thick, if so, undo the central hex bolt usually 4 or 5mm Allen key, then loosen the pinch bolts on the stem, again normally 4 or 5mm, take the top spacer of the steerer tube, lift off the stem with bars still attached, put the spacer under the stem, replace stem and top cap, tighten bolts.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
From the photo, it looks like you have a headset spacer above the stem, these are normally 5 or 10mm thick, if so, undo the central hex bolt usually 4 or 5mm Allen key, then loosen the pinch bolts on the stem, again normally 4 or 5mm, take the top spacer of the steerer tube, lift off the stem with bars still attached, put the spacer under the stem, replace stem and top cap, tighten bolts.

Not sure there is a spacer there? It looks like the topcap is directly on the stem

To the OP - the stem must be 100% on the the steerer tube. Follow @Darren's advice regarding riser bars.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
If the stem is 100% on the steerer tube you will not be able to take up the "free play". The top of the steerer should be something like 5mm below the top of the stem and must be above the top stem bolt.

Darren66

Mar 7, 2020
uk
Not sure there is a spacer there? It looks like the topcap is directly on the stem

To the OP - the stem must be 100% on the the steerer tube. Follow @Darren's advice regarding riser bars.
Couldn't be sure from the photo, a high rise stem it is then...
dirt cheap from ebay or amazon £10-20

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles