Absurd eBike ideas

Mitchb

Nov 13, 2021
San Diego
I ran across an ad for these "bikes" and had to take a look because of the price they're attempting to get. Take a look...

What an obsurd price for an obsurd "bike". I was so disturbed I wrote and mocked them.

Last edited:

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
They're electric motorbike/ scooters.

Not sure what the problem is with those?

Doesn't look like they're marketing them as bicycles. If you had some private land and wanted a fun way to get around these would be great!

Ok, they're expensive but then so are ebikes. Economies of scale mean it's more expensive to produce things in small quantities like I imagine these are. Much cheaper to manufacture a normal motorbike with a traditional engine.

Freeforester

Nov 6, 2022
Grampian
Something similar is used as a workhorse vehicle in places like Russia and NZ, horses for courses, you’re unlikely to meet one on a trail or park! Oh, and performance aside, they look to be priced around the mid range of emtb’s, there are plenty of the latter much dearer.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
🤡

pikaboost9_8.jpg

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
Quite a few over here in NZ where they were designed. Great for farms where they don't scare the stock. Used a lot for food delivery places. They are pretty well proven & popular so good on them.

On another note has anyone seen the kits that drive the rear disc. Great idea for commuterring

Mitchb

Nov 13, 2021
San Diego
Well for a start off the most expensive seem to be $6 900 dont know were your getting $8000 from
and for an electric scooter thats not to bad IMO
Mocking something you seem to have no idea about seems a bit narrow minded
From the website, take another look. Maybe you can show why you think the price isnt high for such a "bike". There are many companies making adventure e fat bikes that will do the same thing that "bike" does for half that price or less.

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
I ran across an ad for these "bikes" and had to take a look because of the price they're attempting to get. Take a look...

What an obsurd price for an obsurd "bike". I was so disturbed I wrote and mocked them.

Thanks for the tip. I sent it along to a friend who just acquired a few rough acres in Idaho that he needs to clean up and build on. He ordered it today. Perfect tool for that job, and to get around for future maintenance. And cheap compared to the small UTVs he considered. He’s headed to a dealer today.

Jag009

Sep 9, 2022
Loch lomond
From the website, take another look. Maybe you can show why you think the price isnt high for such a "bike". There are many companies making adventure e fat bikes that will do the same thing that "bike" does for half that price or less
From the website, take another look. Maybe you can show why you think the price isnt high for such a "bike". There are many companies making adventure e fat bikes that will do the same thing that "bike" does for half that price or less.
Not showing 8k that i can see , even if it is ,what is it to you what they charge for their product ,anyway not having a battle of witts with an unarmed man so bye bye

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
People on here moaning about the weight of a 25kg eBike…
Try lifting one of these bad boys over a gate at 70.7kg’s 😂😂💪🏼

Last edited:

Labrador29

Jun 24, 2019
Marlborough New Zealand

You are doing the manufacturer a disservice with your attitude. Test ride before you mock them.
Buyers don't just purchase e-bikes to ride the trail. Look like they would make a great farm bike, or a delivery bike. They look like a sturdy workhorse to me, but that is only my opinion.

Clarrie_NZ

Jan 31, 2022
Rotorua, NZ
Says the guy who cant find the $7999 price on the website. No need to get personal big guy.
No need to get personal?
The initial post set the tone for this.

As others have pointed out, these are electric motorbikes, not bicycles.
At a price of NZ$8000 they are more expensive than a commuter ebike but considerably cheaper then eMTB's
Not that it matters since they don't compete with either of those genre's
On purchase price they do compare favourably with internal combustion motorbikes although they lack the top speed.

These are superb vehicles for hunters and farmers here in NZ. (among others)
  • They are quiet and don't spook stock or animals being hunted
  • They can get to places that no other vehicle can. They are 2 wheel drive and very light for a motorbike
  • They are very adaptable for carrying loads
  • They make ecological sense where the grid energy is already 80% renewable and oil has to be shipped half way around the globle.
I think that you have totally misjudged what these are and have gone on the attack half cocked.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles