A Modest Proposal (No, it's not a Q-ANON post);o)

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
Although I'm new to this forum I feel that a decent percent of e-mbt users may want to get information and feedback on e-MBT camping and/or hunting.
Therefore... I propose a new sub forum on E-MBT CAMPING.

Subjects like battery recharging in the wild or at a car, lightweight camping gear, etc. Those e-mbt riders wanting lightweight camping gear, for example, can be directed to the Backpacking Light website among others.
Jus' sayin'...

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
Zimmerframe, You are correct but this forum does not address CAMPING or HUNTING with an E-MBT.

NICHO, yeah, and the US does not lack for thieves either. I'm a progressive Democrat and I can see why those ReTrumplicans and Re-pube-licans always say, "Carry a Bible and a .45!"
Seriously, I do think this site could do with an E-MBT Camping forum. Think of the closet "peppers"it would attract. ;o)
Now I have to decide how I'm going to carry my lightweight mountain rifle (shown). Zoom to see CF weave on stock.
RIFLE.jpeg
->6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro W/Bushnell LRTS 4.5 -18 x 44 scope with illuminated G3 Xmas tree reticle.
HELLE GT Norwegian hunting knife, a birthday present from my wife.

Last edited:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Naaah.. not needed ...
As far as camping gear goes I would just look at a relevant website ..no interest in hunting with guns as its not allowed in the UK (game birds apart in "season"..but cant see those guys giving up their Range Rovers for emtb's to get on the moors anytime soon ) and as for the rest as Zimmer has already mentioned its already covered under Travel & Transport ...

Last edited:

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
We never say that. Only progressives claim that we do.
Well... that quote was a bit tongue -in-cheek. Actually Jonathan Winters said that when he was pretending to be an ultra conservative political candidate. But I think it is funny as he!! and pretty well hits the mark.
Beautiful rifle. Great caliber. Way subpar scope.
BAMBAMODA do you feel I should only get a Schmidt and Bendover scope? Kinda pricey.
The only other scope I'd consider would be a NightForce ATACR in similar magnification. I need FFP and an illuminated Xmas tree reticle for hunting.
Bushnell's Elite scope line is excellent and made in Japan, not China as their lower lines are. I use an Elite scope for long range rifle competition here in Nevada. I find both Elite line scopes shoot a ladder target very well. But I seldom use the turrets for adjustments in competition, preferring to use the Xmas tree hash marks as they work just as well and are much faster to use.

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
No, the HD series of leupold are very good for the price. Personally for competition shooting dialing is the way to go over doing hold over with a Horus reticle. But i do only have H series reticles on my long guns. I did see your Bushnell is made in japan version. I’m just glad you didn’t say Vortex. They have been paying vendors and users to use their stuff for years and spend more on marketing than they spend on glass Which is why thats all you see online now, and all everyone will say is how great the warranty is (because its needed) If you are fine with out the Christmas tree I’d go Steiner or Leica
Do Leica make wine glasses or beer glasses ? There must be a market opening there ?

"Enjoy your drink with optical perfection" ?

Kiteboy

Mar 30, 2022
USA
"I'm a progressive Democrat and I can see why those ReTrumplicans and Re-pube-licans always say, "Carry a Bible and a .45!""

Why is it the above statement is allowed on this site but I make some mild humor, simply mentioning alphabet people and my post is censored?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
"I'm a progressive Democrat and I can see why those ReTrumplicans and Re-pube-licans always say, "Carry a Bible and a .45!""

Why is it the above statement is allowed on this site but I make some mild humor, simply mentioning alphabet people and my post is censored?
Hey who knows ..but then again who cares ?
The pair of you are probably barking in the wrong section for anyone to be bothered as regarding this particular forum you yanks are very much in the minority ..however there is a USA section somewhere near the bottom of the listing where you can take your petty political squabbles and a good 90% of forum users will probably never bother to read them 😉

Rod B.

Aug 18, 2021
USA, Orange County Ca.
Zimmerframe, You are correct but this forum does not address CAMPING or HUNTING with an E-MBT.

NICHO, yeah, and the US does not lack for thieves either. I'm a progressive Democrat and I can see why those ReTrumplicans and Re-pube-licans always say, "Carry a Bible and a .45!"
Seriously, I do think this site could do with an E-MBT Camping forum. Think of the closet "peppers"it would attract. ;o)
Now I have to decide how I'm going to carry my lightweight mountain rifle (shown). Zoom to see CF weave on stock. View attachment 102787 ->6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro W/Bushnell LRTS 4.5 -18 x 44 scope with illuminated G3 Xmas tree reticle.
HELLE GT Norwegian hunting knife, a birthday present from my wife.
That is an absolutely beautiful rifle.

Kiteboy

Mar 30, 2022
USA
Hey who knows ..but then again who cares ?
The pair of you are probably barking in the wrong section for anyone to be bothered as regarding this particular forum you yanks are very much in the minority ..however there is a USA section somewhere near the bottom of the listing where you can take your petty political squabbles and a good 90% of forum users will probably never bother to read them 😉
Well, you make my point (which I'm sure you didn't mean to): 'How does one make the subject of ebikes political?' And the comment I made that was censored was not offensive nor was it political.

I simply thought the moderator here had lost his sense of humor but it seems it is a British thing.
I think I will take your advice and seek out a place where the members don't take themselves so seriously.

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM

Hopefully the difference is obvious ?

In both threads some leeway was given, when as a general rule Politics are avoided on the forum.

The difference :

In this thread the users moderated it themselves so there was no need for the moderators to step in. If we'd have removed the comments, the subsequent comments would not have made sense.

In this case, it's you who've highlighted the numpty comment and once again brought it to the forefront and potentially back into discussion rather than ignoring it.

In the thread where your post was deleted, it was yourself and .zig who again jumped on the political bandwagon and expanded the conversation in that direction and added lots of your own political BS, rather than ignoring it and letting it die the sad and painful death it should have.

If you wish to say something funny, say something funny. It you wish to say something political and funny - it has to be funny to everyone because the humour part, not the political part is predominant.

You can't just sprout out your political views and then say it was funny - when it wasn't.

For reference as you've again insisted that your comment is funny and that you're obviously being victimised.

The deleted post was :

"Brah, in CA you can go to jail for using the wrong pronoun. If you catch the robber in the act, you can't even tell him to stop if he identifies as a female robber. I'd hate to see what happens if you shoot him/her/it and they live to press charges for interfering in the commission of a crime by a protected class and misgendering."

If you can't see what's wrong in that post, then yes, you should seek out somewhere else if that's what you think is ok. It's a Mountain bike forum, not a political soap box. Often lots of none mountain bike things are discussed, in general, they're accepted. If it's political, then no, no one's interested - it's that simple.

Kiteboy

Mar 30, 2022
USA
Hopefully the difference is obvious ?

In both threads some leeway was given, when as a general rule Politics are avoided on the forum.

The difference :

In this thread the users moderated it themselves so there was no need for the moderators to step in. If we'd have removed the comments, the subsequent comments would not have made sense.

In this case, it's you who've highlighted the numpty comment and once again brought it to the forefront and potentially back into discussion rather than ignoring it.

In the thread where your post was deleted, it was yourself and .zig who again jumped on the political bandwagon and expanded the conversation in that direction and added lots of your own political BS, rather than ignoring it and letting it die the sad and painful death it should have.

If you wish to say something funny, say something funny. It you wish to say something political and funny - it has to be funny to everyone because the humour part, not the political part is predominant.

You can't just sprout out your political views and then say it was funny - when it wasn't.

For reference as you've again insisted that your comment is funny and that you're obviously being victimised.

The deleted post was :

"Brah, in CA you can go to jail for using the wrong pronoun. If you catch the robber in the act, you can't even tell him to stop if he identifies as a female robber. I'd hate to see what happens if you shoot him/her/it and they live to press charges for interfering in the commission of a crime by a protected class and misgendering."

If you can't see what's wrong in that post, then yes, you should seek out somewhere else if that's what you think is ok. It's a Mountain bike forum, not a political soap box. Often lots of none mountain bike things are discussed, in general, they're accepted. If it's political, then no, no one's interested - it's that simple.
It should be noted that this was a thread about airtags and following thieves to where they've taken the bike. BTW, thanks for showing my post. Nothing I said in it is untrue. Of course humor has to contain some truth or it's not funny.

I do wonder however why calling people foul names like " ReTrumplicans and Re-pube-licans" is ok in your opinion or how it adds to the subject of emtb?

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
It should be noted that this was a thread about airtags and following thieves to where they've taken the bike. BTW, thanks for showing my post. Nothing I said in it is untrue. Of course humor has to contain some truth or it's not funny.

I do wonder however why calling people foul names like " ReTrumplicans and Re-pube-licans" is ok in your opinion or how it adds to the subject of emtb?
This is why we do not normally engage in direct conversation within threads.

Having given you an explanation, you've continued to take the thread off track and make it about yourself and about
politics.

Did you merely scan the post and only read the parts you wanted to and interpret them the way you wished to ?

Your quoted comment offended other users and was reported - because other people DID NOT find it funny.

We try to make everyone feel welcome and safe within the forum. Consider this a simple and last warning. Make any further political references and you will be removed from the forum. If you have something useful, interesting or amusing to say, say it. As I've stated, if it's political - Don't, no one is interested.

If there's something you find offensive, use the report function.

Kiteboy

Mar 30, 2022
USA
I have found some good people here on this forum. It seems however there are more brittle people here than I would have ever guessed.

Please remove me if you are offended by my opinion. Being removed will make for a more interesting story.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
The better question would be, how did THIS thread make it on to Last week's most popular topics list if it barely has any contend related to the topic?

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
The better question would be, how did THIS thread make it on to Last week's most popular topics list if it barely has any contend related to the topic?

The click-bait title, which had no reference to any particular subject - so people looked out of curiosity.

The thread was effectively finished when someone answered the question on the second post (though the OP did not agree, but then the OP rides a 95lb bike which doesn't fit within any of the definitions of 99.9% of members ideas of what an EMTB is so will no doubt next be asking for a new electric SUV section)

The OP then introduced a political element in such a way that you would hope most sound minded people would just ignore.

The thread is completely irrelevant to anything and probably should have been deleted sooner, instead it was moved to the Wasteland where anyone can finish up any on going conversations. It will then be deleted.

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
I have found some good people here on this forum. It seems however there are more brittle people here than I would have ever guessed.

Please remove me if you are offended by my opinion. Being removed will make for a more interesting story.
We have no interest or desire to remove you.

You are entitled to your opinion.

However, as already stated twice in this thread and once in your post deletion notification, if it's political - keep it to yourself.

The same goes for the OP.

Moshe

Feb 12, 2020
North Ridgeville, ohio,usa
Ebikes are always about politics. Politicians are always fighting about things like how fast ebikes should go before the motor power is cut, whether emtbs should be allowed on mountain biking trails, etc.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles