A lot of Metallic rattling from a PIVOT AM with the Bosch CX race motor is this normal? Or is it the Shimano brakes rattling?

mtnbikerva1

Mar 19, 2022
Mid-Atlantic
Sounds of metallic bolts bouncing around inside the motor. Sounds like it’s coming from the motor but I wonder if it could be something else or the Shimano brakes rattling around that sounds like it’s coming from the motor. XTR 9120 brakes. I know sometimes sounds are transferred through bike frames.
Only 2 rides on a brand new bike.
also, The Assistance cuts off on Hill climbs. I haven’t been able to figure that out.
Thank you.

mtnbikerva1

Mar 19, 2022
Mid-Atlantic
6’1” 180 riding weight.
While I am peddling up a crime, the assist turns itself off during my peddling up the climb.
Also, the whole system is shut itself off a few times also for no reason after just a few seconds of waiting for a buddy.
Just had an orange light come on today.
I have looked in the app and there are no error messages or anything in there.
I’ve called Pivot Bikes they don’t seem to know anything or won’t tell anything.
I’ve called Bosch and they either don’t know anything or won’t tell me anything.
I took it into a pivot dealer and they didn’t have the Bosch hardware and software. Checked all the wiring to make sure that was all secure and they also tried calling the same companies to try and get some answers and nothing yet.
A orange light came on also.

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
If the dealer isn't proactive in figuring out the problem I'd ask for a different bike. If they don't know how to diagnose the problem they should at least swap parts for you to try on a ride and see if the problem disappears (eg. different controller, different battery) If nothing else works different motor.

It sounds like a faulty part rather than a faulty connection since the motor turns off while sitting still.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles