A burst of ads this morning

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
Holy moly! I was okay with the ad content in the new layout up to this morning. This is crazy!

Edit to say that, yeah, I could subscribe to remove the ads.

1665418651769.png

LouCyffer

Oct 2, 2022
UK
I don't feel comfortable with adblocking on a small community site like this. I want it to continue to exist, so I'm happy to pay my £5 a year.
Are you by any chance the same Growmac who fitted a tow bar to an R estate? Asking for a friend…… :)

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
I don't feel comfortable with adblocking on a small community site like this. I want it to continue to exist, so I'm happy to pay my £5 a year.
I don't mind a few adds to, but some websites these days have so much/to much ads, that the website on its own is unplesant/unreadable

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
that the website on its own is unplesant
That's not the ads, that's @BAMBAMODA's posts ?? :)

I'm a subscriber so don't see ads, however on a flip side, I went on the site the other day and wasn't logged on, got the adverts. One popped up for something which looked interesting which I'd never seen before and I've ordered one ..

Since then I've logged out just to check the ads and ordered a couple of other things which I'd not seen before ...

Maybe we need a page which links to all the ads people "liked" some how - so they're potentially informative ? Useful ? (bambam's like's should be excluded obviously).

Maybe I just need to get a life ! :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Exactly why I posted the screenshot in post #1. That is beyond tolerable.
I dunno, I think you'd look pretty good in the fjora collection ! ;-)

I take it there was a weird glitch as Rob said in the forum update thread he'd reduced the adds in response to people's feelings on the subject. (the tight people who won't pay 1.5 pence a day .... Though maybe the forum earns more from ads ?)

Last edited:

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
I don't mind ads normally, but here it's interfering badly with the basic thread list ''homepage'' of every forum section.

You're now basically scrolling down 4-5 ads merged in the same area as the thread titles skipping some threads or getting lost in the process, it can truly be confusing.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I don't mind ads normally, but here it's interfering badly with the basic thread list ''homepage'' of every forum section.

You're now basically scrolling down 4-5 ads merged in the same area as the thread titles skipping some threads or getting lost in the process, it can truly be confusing.
Are you saying there's now more ads than there were before ???

@Rob Rides EMTB

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California

I think I've found the source of the problem. It's in your setup.

Check out this picture that is shown next to all your posts:
Screenshot 2022-10-11 at 12.27.53 PM.jpg

There's nothing under where it says "Member."
You need to go to "your account," "account upgrades," and set it so you get the little white box, like Zimmer has.

Screenshot 2022-10-11 at 12.28.23 PM.jpg

The change in the setup will cost you less than a cup of coffee or a beer.
It's not a bad deal.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles