4.8.0 update

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
My understanding is that the system firmware is updated to be able to work with the newer batteries. Is there battery firmware at all?
I guess it must as it counts the number of battery cycles, and calculates the battery degradation.

I was thinking about the issues which are being seen with the E8035 battery, and if they did turn out to be software, if it could be updated remotly.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Well, I did a search for my battery in the link above. It is an 8035. The only firmware updates were for the systems when the battery first came out. Counting cycles and battery degradation doesn't necessarily have to be done by the battery, I would think. Yep, just checked again, you can look by model number. The only batteries mentioned are Di2 related. No firmware updates for batteries.

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
AFAIK it was an updated to the bluetooth stack on the E7000 (there were security vulnerabilities in BLE that were perhaps addressed in this updated).

The FW update for display SC-E7000 makes it compatible with new EP8, among other improvements:

・Adapted for new drive unit (DU-EP800)
・Added last 3 digits of serial number to the device name display when connecting via Bluetooth.
・Improved connectability with Bluetooth.
・Adopted for My Bike connectivity for E-TUBE RIDE. (Actualmente en traducción)

I already updated FW of my SC-E7000, so I am ready to retrofit the EP8, I checked the fit, and it looks goooood!!!

Ghost EP8 2MP.jpg

Last edited:

v0rt3x

Mar 27, 2020
Slovenia
Nice, I'm interested if it's compatible with the external E8010 battery since I have a Merida with the same one.

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
Nice, I'm interested if it's compatible with the external E8010 battery since I have a Merida with the same one.
EP8 is compatible with all Shimano batteries, many new bikes with EP8 still use the "old" 504W BT-E8010. If you are asking about displays, they are also compatible with any battery.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles