3D printing

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I started my career in 3d design and CAD before ending up in software engineering.
Needing a bit of a hobby for winter I’ve gotten back into it with 3D printing.

My first venture was to design a wall mount for my Bosch charger which I’m now selling on eBay

I‘ll put a thread up in for sale if anyone wants one a bit cheaper on here
But if anyone needs anything printing or has an idea for a design. Hit me up.
l have a lot of free time and I’m running out of ideas ?
If you need something making as long as you cover the material and postage I’ll sort it out

Not to question your great idea but I went a different route when I noticed how hot the charger gets when its in use. My thought was by adding heat sinks it would keep the charger temperature down to help it last longer. It now runs cool. I may be way off (I am not an Electrical Engineer) as I am sure the designers considered the generated heat when they designed the charger but it could also be a built in obsolescence (cost savings) so we all will need to buy new chargers when ours fail. A small fan added to your case could do something similar but cooling might not be as even. Thoughts?

charger.jpg

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Interesting idea

Mines in the garage where it's 9c so I've never noticed it get warm

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
A cable exit port insert for non driveside of Turbo Levo SL alloy, you'd sell one for every SL alloy thats been sold out the door..
Yes, I was about to post this as a generic request. A range of plugs to seal cable entry into eeb frames to limit water ingress. It would need to be a range of sizes, especially for the finer eeb control/info box arrangements different manufacturers use. Would that be an issue with printing with a suitable material (not too hard…)?

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
Charger holders and battery holders is a great idea.
There‘s a guy, Martin Ritschel, in Europe - Log in to Facebook - who’s selling them printed for Specialized chargers/batts. He’s also selling a replacement printed component that‘s replaces a fragile part of the lock for the battery retention device for the top of the ‘in down tube’ Shimano batteries. Shimano only sell a complete mechanism which is impossible to find and expensive (I’ve bought it for my Bullit and it was amazing value).

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
EDIT:- Oh, right, now I see how the posts that arrive at the bottom of the pages here are populated - well done @Rob Rides EMTB - I’ve now got lots of links to threads in the forum about 3D Printing. I guess we’ll all be able to see them. I’m not just slow on the trail….???

Quite by coincidence the following link made it to the top of those links at the bottom of this forum page:

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
I print at home in PETG for most bicycle parts but for parts that need to be really strong I send it to Shapeways for nylon SLS. Here is a pump mount I made for my Levo SL (PETG on Prusa Mini)

View attachment 72932
In a similar vein, an extended bracket mount for the Znex Notstrom battery to fit an emtb:
1633256155442.png

...or maybe even a bottle mounting bracket extender to be able to use any standard bottle mounted product on an emtb

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Charger holders and battery holders is a great idea.
There‘s a guy, Martin Ritschel, in Europe - Log in to Facebook - who’s selling them printed for Specialized chargers/batts. He’s also selling a replacement printed component that‘s replaces a fragile part of the lock for the battery retention device for the top of the ‘in down tube’ Shimano batteries. Shimano only sell a complete mechanism which is impossible to find and expensive (I’ve bought it for my Bullit and it was amazing value).

I'm trying to get other charger mounts designed but it's hard not having the chargers to hand
I'm working with a guy on ebay at the moment to do a custom Shimano one. I'll see if I can look at specialized too

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Plugs to block off the bottom of your head tube to stop mud, dust etc from penetrating.

In the past I have used a plug that anglers use to reinforce the ends of their dismantled fishing rods. On my last bike I used a flip-top lid of a giant pack of Smarties. The best bit was that it was blue, like my bike.

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
Do you have a photo at all?
As you can see from the pic its a pretty poor finish from Spesh. The port on the other side is a different shape unlike the Stumpjumper which is the same both sides. I did contact Specialized rider care but they were of no help. I reckon every owner would stump up for a solution.

16332848987671681905652.jpg

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Plugs to block off the bottom of your head tube to stop mud, dust etc from penetrating.

In the past I have used a plug that anglers use to reinforce the ends of their dismantled fishing rods. On my last bike I used a flip-top lid of a giant pack of Smarties. The best bit was that it was blue, like my bike.

I’ve made one for a fox 34 that holds an apple AirTag in it ?

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
As you can see from the pic its a pretty poor finish from Spesh. The port on the other side is a different shape unlike the Stumpjumper which is the same both sides. I did contact Specialized rider care but they were of no help. I reckon every owner would stump up for a solution.

View attachment 73044

Wow yeah that’s poor!!
I could definitely do something but I’d probably need a sketch, dimensions etc…

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Love that! I’ve not tried printing flexibles yet but I do want to give it a go

the cube hybrid stereo I have collects mud like mad there so might see if I can make something

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Sorry for the resurrection of an old thread, I'm after a battery cover/ plate for my heckler. Just managed to get a spare battery and I'm F'd if I'm going to pay £75 for a bit of plastic?
Happy to pay one of you super hero's to make one for me.
Screenshot_2023-01-31-20-47-46-84_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles