• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Myygi

Apr 9, 2024
Finland
Hello. So im looking for to get my first e-mtb and i have been looking for a while now all different bikes. I have come to three different bikes to choose from
- YT decoy 4 (6300e)
- Canyon strive:eek:n underdog/cfr (5200e - 6200e)
- Orbea wild H10 (6500e)

All bikes have good and bad reviews which is nice. Some backround info: Im planning to test full 29" and mullet setup before buying because im not sure what would suit me better because im 174cm tall and usually i fit size medium when looking charts. I also wanna try shimano and bosch motor difference before buying and those two are motors i can get locally serviced. I dont know how YT handles warranty stuff but closest Canyon certified shop is 400km away from where i live and Orbea has few dealers about hour long drive away from me.
I would like to hear stuff related to motors, warranty, customer service, parts, and value etc. and what you guys would choose from these?

Durrti

Aug 22, 2021
California
I had a decoy and currently on a Wild. I loved my decoy but it was not even close to the refinement of the Bosch/orbea. Both the geo and motor on the wild are better in my opinion. The canyon is a great bike too, and may be a much better value then the H10. But just my 2¢

antti86

Subscriber
Jul 27, 2020
Finland
I am same height as you and I chose size M strive. It feels just right for me. Paint job was not very good, it had first service and maintenance guy said that bike was pretty well put together. There were not many things that they needed to adjust or tighten, but atleast dropper post lever and brake needed adjustment. My previous bike was Canyon Torque On, luckily I didn't needed to use warranty. Torque was with shimano and strive is with bosch motor. Bosch feels that it has more power, but I have no complaints about the shimano motor.
I have only done 150 km with the strive, so far it feels good.

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz
Hello. So im looking for to get my first e-mtb and i have been looking for a while now all different bikes. I have come to three different bikes to choose from
- YT decoy 4 (6300e)
- Canyon strive:eek:n underdog/cfr (5200e - 6200e)
- Orbea wild H10 (6500e)

All bikes have good and bad reviews which is nice. Some backround info: Im planning to test full 29" and mullet setup before buying because im not sure what would suit me better because im 174cm tall and usually i fit size medium when looking charts. I also wanna try shimano and bosch motor difference before buying and those two are motors i can get locally serviced. I dont know how YT handles warranty stuff but closest Canyon certified shop is 400km away from where i live and Orbea has few dealers about hour long drive away from me.
I would like to hear stuff related to motors, warranty, customer service, parts, and value etc. and what you guys would choose from these?
Test winner as Best Buy, Orbea WILD M-LTD and Canyon Strive:ON CFR LTD
Test winner as Best Buy, Orbea WILD M-LTD and Canyon Strive:ON CFR LTD

Last edited:

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
I've owned 2 Decoys and just got an E-Wild last year. 2 totally different bikes. The Decoy is designed more for the dh aspect and doesn't climb as well as the Wild. Not saying it's a sloth, but it really shines going down. The Wild is the best all-round emtb I've owned/ridden. Previously owned a Levo, Kenevo, Yeti 160e and 1st Gen Decoy and have ridden all my buddie emtbs. The Wild climbs like a billygoat and can pretty much handle anything you throw at it. I ran coil shocks on all my bikes and highly recommend it on the Decoy and Wild. If I had to choose just one bike, Wild wins hands down.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I havent ridden any of those bikes. But have a bosch powered bike, my daughter and a couple of mates have a Shimano powered bikes. The bosch and a bit more immediate grunt and is more configurable with more power setting options.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
I havent ridden any of those bikes. But have a bosch powered bike, my daughter and a couple of mates have a Shimano powered bikes. The bosch and a bit more immediate grunt and is more configurable with more power setting options.
I second your Bosch statement. I've been very fortumate with my emtbs that have/had Shimano motors. Bosch Handlebar controller and visual display is much nice than Shimano's.

Myygi

Apr 9, 2024
Finland
Thanks for replys! Good information about all bikes, i think i will exclude yt for now because delivery times and decoys not being in stock sadly.
Now just need to decide if i get strive on or H10 wild

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles