Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Agree - integrated headset clean look!

334FF3AD-BEC5-4E46-8580-8F58233BAC09.jpeg

Mars2

May 16, 2023
La Ciotat France
Tomorrow morning I will see if the strive on is better than my heckler 170mm front / 165mm rear 62,5* degree fork. Both have very similar geometry same length about same reach. the heckler is much lighter. Let’s see how it behave. But the strive on is higher in front and has 29 front wheel.

Last edited:

Obikaii

Jan 10, 2022
Devon
Tomorrow morning I will see if the strive on is better than my heckler 170mm front / 165mm rear 62,5* degree fork. Both have very similar geometry same length about same reach. the heckler is much lighter. Let’s see how it behave. But the strive on is higher in front and has 28 front wheel.
I'm interested to hear your opinion on the Strive vs Heckler, I was about to buy a new Heckler when Canyon dropped the Strive,it took me a week to finally jump ship & go for the Strive instead.

Mars2

May 16, 2023
La Ciotat France
I'm interested to hear your opinion on the Strive vs Heckler, I was about to buy a new Heckler when Canyon dropped the Strive,it took me a week to finally jump ship & go for the Strive instead.
My heckler is not anymore a real heckler. More close to a bullit. And it’s 2020 heckler so front and rear 27.5

Obikaii

Jan 10, 2022
Devon
My heckler is not anymore a real heckler. More close to a bullit. And it’s 2020 heckler so front and rear 27.5
Yeah,I thought it was the older model,have you fitted a cascade link to it ?
Tempted to get the one for my Bronson as it allows for 170/180mm of travel with a 65mm stroke shock.

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
Finally got out on the Strive today.

First off I need to shoutout Brandon at RideWrap UK, he’s done an unbelievable job of wrapping my frame, super impressed.

To answer previous questions:

Does the OneUp V2 210mm dropper fit an M? Yes it does, comfortably. I’d even say you could fit the 240mm dropper. I took some pictures of it fitted slammed and where I needed it at 5’10 with 32in leg. Also got pics of the Canyon dropper next to the OneUp.

Can you fit fidlock bottle mount? No and yes. So it will fit yes but the suppled fidlock bolts are not long enough or the right thread and the Canyon bolts are actually plastic blanking plugs. Will update more when I’ve got it fitted.

Sizing? As mentioned I’m 5’10 and historically ridden a size L but I know I like a reach of at least 470mm. Something I note on the Strive is when the saddle is up fully it’s perfect for me but when the saddle is down it feels small, I know you’ll rarely ride like this but I wheelie seated and saddle down and the reach is noticeable smaller than say my 2021 Trek Rail in size L with a 470mm reach, I can only imagine this is due to the steep seat tube angle on the Strive. To be clear descending and pedalling it’s perfect.

Colour of the CFR? I liked the colour but found pictures just don’t do it justice, it’s a really nice colour and in different light it really shows the two tone green. Robs most recent shots show the colour better than anything else I’ve seen online but seeing is believing. I’m in the Surrey hill if you want to see it.

Alarm? I know a user mentioned issues so I didn’t activate it today but I have this evening, I have an iPhone 14 pro max so will update later.

Does it rip? Absolutely. Couldn’t sum it up better than @Rob Rides EMTB so I won’t but initial impressions are that I completely agree with him (and Sam’s bikes) that this bike shifts!

If you’ve got any more questions ask away I’ll be on it all weekend.

Pictures…

IMG_5265.jpeg IMG_5270.jpeg IMG_5269.jpeg IMG_5275.jpeg IMG_5288.jpeg IMG_5291.jpeg IMG_5304.jpeg IMG_5307.jpeg F7D47442-CCD8-48C0-8781-B8C3C1249BA3.jpeg IMG_5317.jpeg IMG_5318.jpeg IMG_5319.jpeg

Last edited:

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Woah! Have you clamped the frame in that last pic? 🫣

I have some questions…

I’m basically the same height and same inside leg measurement as you - did you find the standard dropper too short? As in, it needed to stick out of the seat tube more to get it to the right height? And is the 210 long enough?

Let me know on the alarm/14 Pro Max situation. I have the same phone and really want the security of the alarm and tracker.

Also, @Rob Rides EMTB how did you fit the OneUp EDC on the Fox 38? Says it’s incompatible on the OneUp website…

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Ah, so our bike has the oval steerer? That’s the one Fox 38 that it fits.

It says you can only use the small storage capsule though. Does that mean you can’t keep the quick link pliers in it?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Ah, so our bike has the oval steerer? That’s the one Fox 38 that it fits.

It says you can only use the small storage capsule though. Does that mean you can’t keep the quick link pliers in it?
Actually the big capsule does also fit if you shave about 1mm off the width from it with a Stanley knife 👍

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Thanks. Can you get the chain pliers in the small capsule or does it need the big one?

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
Woah! Have you clamped the frame in that last pic? 🫣

I have some questions…

I’m basically the same height and same inside leg measurement as you - did you find the standard dropper too short? As in, it needed to stick out of the seat tube more to get it to the right height? And is the 210 long enough?

Let me know on the alarm/14 Pro Max situation. I have the same phone and really want the security of the alarm and tracker.
Haha good spot but no it’s not clamped it’s resting in a microfibre cloth against the shock.

I never rode the Strive with the standard dropper so couldn’t really say but my Rail had a 170mm dropper and often got in the way. The 210mm feels good and no issues so far but time will tell. In hindsight I’d probably have gone for the 240mm dropper so it could be slammed but wasn’t sure the frame would take it.

Alarm updates to follow.

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Finally got out on the Strive today.

First off I need to shoutout Brandon at RideWrap UK, he’s done an unbelievable job of wrapping my frame, super impressed.

To answer previous questions:

Does the OneUp V2 210mm dropper fit an M? Yes it does, comfortably. I’d even say you could fit the 240mm dropper. I took some pictures of it fitted slammed and where I needed it at 5’10 with 32in leg. Also got pics of the Canyon dropper next to the OneUp.

Can you fit fidlock bottle mount? No and yes. So it will fit yes but the suppled fidlock bolts are not long enough or the right thread and the Canyon bolts are actually plastic blanking plugs. Will update more when I’ve got it fitted.

Sizing? As mentioned I’m 5’10 and historically ridden a size L but I know I like a reach of at least 470mm. Something I note on the Strive is when the saddle is up fully it’s perfect for me but when the saddle is down it feels small, I know you’ll rarely ride like this but I wheelie seated and saddle down and the reach is noticeable smaller than say my 2021 Trek Rail in size L with a 470mm reach, I can only imagine this is due to the steep seat tube angle on the Strive. To be clear descending and pedalling it’s perfect.

Colour of the CFR? I liked the colour but found pictures just don’t do it justice, it’s a really nice colour and in different light it really shows the two tone green. Robs most recent shots show the colour better than anything else I’ve seen online but seeing is believing. I’m in the Surrey hill if you want to see it.

Alarm? I know a user mentioned issues so I didn’t activate it today but I have this evening, I have an iPhone 14 pro max so will update later.

Does it rip? Absolutely. Couldn’t sum it up better than @Rob Rides EMTB so I won’t but initial impressions are that I completely agree with him (and Sam’s bikes) that this bike shifts!

If you’ve got any more questions ask away I’ll be on it all weekend.

Pictures…

View attachment 115859 View attachment 115860 View attachment 115861 View attachment 115862 View attachment 115863 View attachment 115864 View attachment 115865 View attachment 115866 View attachment 115867 View attachment 115868 View attachment 115869 View attachment 115870
Very nice! Glad to hear the paint/colour is better in the flesh. The photos on the Canyon site looks very flat…almost like a primer. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with fitting the Fidlock.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Haha good spot but no it’s not clamped it’s resting in a microfibre cloth against the shock.

I never rode the Strive with the standard dropper so couldn’t really say but my Rail had a 170mm dropper and often got in the way. The 210mm feels good and no issues so far but time will tell. In hindsight I’d probably have gone for the 240mm dropper so it could be slammed but wasn’t sure the frame would take it.

Alarm updates to follow.
Do you need the taller post though? As long as you can slam it down as far as it'll go in the frame and get your optimal height at full extension then surely that's enough? Or are you saying the 210 still isn't tall enough?

Mars2

May 16, 2023
La Ciotat France
Just been on my home run. Woaw! What a bike!!! Thank you so much Rob for your video 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏. Every thing you said is spot on. I owe you a very good bottle of wine from my area. This thing is a supersonic magic carpet. It generate so much speed and the more speed the more it feel confortable. But at the same time it’s super versatile. I felt at home after a 100meter. Thanks again rob for the high rise bar idea. Make 100% sense on this bike. I’m in love. The Heckler will be for sale next week.

Obikaii

Jan 10, 2022
Devon
Just been on my home run. Woaw! What a bike!!! Thank you so much Rob for your video 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏. Every thing you said is spot on. I owe you a very good bottle of wine from my area. This thing is a supersonic magic carpet. It generate so much speed and the more speed the more it feel confortable. But at the same time it’s super versatile. I felt at home after a 100meter. Thanks again rob for the high rise bar idea. Make 100% sense on this bike. I’m in love. The Heckler will be for sale next week.
Sounds like a happy customer, nice to hear that all the reviews so far are the same & all saying what a great bike it is.
That should get rid of my buyers remorse😅
Although I've managed to off set it mostly by giving the wife my Orbea rise,she won't want too many details on the Strive now.😇🤫

Jph

Sep 23, 2021
East Sussex
Im really interested in this bike so thanks for all the contributions from those who have already received theirs - its really good to hear from real world owners.

I'm in the fortunate position that I'm considering both the 'standard' Strive CFR and also the LTD, so I'm keen to hear thoughts on how much better the LTD is compared to the standard bike on a technical basis?

I've always preferred SRAM to Shimano drivetrains but its been 6 years since I last bought a bike so I don't have any experience of the latest tech.

Same question regarding suspension, how much better is the LTD 'out of the box?

The increased cost of the LTD isn't a significant factor in making a decision - I don't have an unlimited budget - but my man maths suggests that if I bought the mid spec bike I'd possibly end up spending on upgrades (because I can't help myself) and end up spending a similar amount of money in total to the cost of a LTD.

If you had the choice, what would you go for?

Thanks for reading - sorry for long post!

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
I've ordered the CFR, but then I prefer Shimano over SRAM.

If you order the CFR then you've got a good couple of grand left to spend on upgrades to your exact spec.

TBH, the CFR spec is pretty dialed. I doubt you get any extra performance from the LTD, it's more just blingy AXS parts. Personally I'm not sold on the idea of having extra batteries on my bike to remember to charge, though admittedly the new AXS transmission is very good for ebikes.

The only performance benefit really is the Bosch race motor, but again, unless you're racing I don't think it's really a benefit. (I think you lose Eco mode in lieu of a Race mode.)

I'm just a casual rider, so for me it makes more sense to have Eco mode.

That said, I prefer the colour scheme of the LTD, albeit I'm not keen on having someone else's name on my bike.

It's hard for any of us to really say, but for me the CFR made the most sense. In reality, the Underdog would probably have been plenty good enough, but I wanted the Grip2 damper and XT bits as I've always had XT.

Obikaii

Jan 10, 2022
Devon
Im really interested in this bike so thanks for all the contributions from those who have already received theirs - its really good to hear from real world owners.

I'm in the fortunate position that I'm considering both the 'standard' Strive CFR and also the LTD, so I'm keen to hear thoughts on how much better the LTD is compared to the standard bike on a technical basis?

I've always preferred SRAM to Shimano drivetrains but its been 6 years since I last bought a bike so I don't have any experience of the latest tech.

Same question regarding suspension, how much better is the LTD 'out of the box?

The increased cost of the LTD isn't a significant factor in making a decision - I don't have an unlimited budget - but my man maths suggests that if I bought the mid spec bike I'd possibly end up spending on upgrades (because I can't help myself) and end up spending a similar amount of money in total to the cost of a LTD.

If you had the choice, what would you go for?

Thanks for reading - sorry for long post!
I was in the same dilemma when ordering, like you whatever I buy I'm likely to add bits,& that certainly would of been the case if I'd ordered the Cfr,probably the same sort of spend eventually.
In the end I looked at the Ltd & couldn't see much I replace, plus I much prefer the look of it,also haven't tried Axs yet,or a bosch motor,so it was the logical choice.
Like Rjuk said,I'm sure any of the 3 would be superb for most of us,as we aren't racing & an extra £2k won't make a bit of difference in ability or speed to most of us.
But if you like it & have the funds then go for it I say,life is short & money was invented for a few purposes,to exchange for goods or services.....& stupidly expensive toys 😅
According to my order delivery is from June 5th to the 16th,so not as long a wait as I thought,will post up pics & a first ride impression for anyone who's interested.

Reactions: Jph

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Yeah, I swear most of it is in my head. I tell myself that I must have a Grip2 damper and the best brakes and a carbon frame, but when I test rode a bottom of the range alloy Levo with Code R brakes and low spec Fox dampers and low end drive train it performed plenty good enough and I had a blast. Couldn't understand all the fuss about Code Rs not being any good - they worked fine for me.

Doesn't stop me wanting the good stuff though! A bit like Kashima really - we all know it doesn't make a blind bit of difference, bit it doesn't stop us wanting it!

Personally, I don't get to ride enough to justify the extra £2k. It was hard enough justifying the CFR! Even at £7k everyone I speak to is gobsmacked how much a bicycle can cost these days. Of course, I always point to the SWorks Levo to show that actually I'm being quite sensible... 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Jph

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Is anyone going to be adding the Kiox 300 to their bike? This was one thing I wanted to do with mine, so would be interested to see how it's done.

Obikaii

Jan 10, 2022
Devon
Yeah, I swear most of it is in my head. I tell myself that I must have a Grip2 damper and the best brakes and a carbon frame, but when I test rode a bottom of the range alloy Levo with Code R brakes and low spec Fox dampers and low end drive train it performed plenty good enough and I had a blast. Couldn't understand all the fuss about Code Rs not being any good - they worked fine for me.

Doesn't stop me wanting the good stuff though! A bit like Kashima really - we all know it doesn't make a blind bit of difference, bit it doesn't stop us wanting it!

Personally, I don't get to ride enough to justify the extra £2k. It was hard enough justifying the CFR! Even at £7k everyone I speak to is gobsmacked how much a bicycle can cost these days. Of course, I always point to the SWorks Levo to show that actually I'm being quite sensible... 🤣🤣🤣
Yep,there's plenty of £12k plus bikes around to prove a very moot point that £7k is cheap for a bike,but to anyone that isn't involved in the sport its a ludicrous price to pay,but the same applies to most hobbies, if its your thing & you're passionate about it then you will justify the cost.
Been a long time since I worried about it,I currently own an Orbea Rise M Ltd & a 2022 Santa Cruz Bronson CC both of which were not cheap,but I don't spend much on anything else other than living expenses & a snowboarding holiday here or there :unsure: 😅
I reckon I would spend the equivalent amount per year if I was out drinking most weekends.

The code rsc brakes are the one thing I'm not to happy about,I've always had problems with sram brakes,maybe bad luck but it's 2 out of 2 so far.
I'm running Trp dh evos on the Bronson & they are my favourite brakeset so far.

Mars2

May 16, 2023
La Ciotat France
Is there something interesting about connecting your phone to Bosch engine? On my last bike ( Shimano) the only thing interesting was to put it on USA market to get a bit higher speed. So I connected it one time at the very beginning and never again. How do you connect to Bosch. Is there an App. Sorry no interested so much in electronics things.

Jph

Sep 23, 2021
East Sussex
Thanks RJUK and Obikaii for your replies, really appreciate it.
Without a doubt both the 'standard' and the LTD are more bike than I'll ever need, so just down to me wanting the 'nicest' bike i can get.
The only thing that looks like a negative on the LTD is the brakes which don't seem to be rated that well and if I splashed out the extra money on the top spec I don't really want to be spending hundreds more on an upgrade like that. I look forward to hearing your thoughts when yours arrives Obikaii.

thewanted

Apr 2, 2023
UK
Any thoughts on the weight of this bike compared to the 2023 Orbea Wild? The advertised weight is quite a bit higher and I'm wondering where all that extra weight would be coming from with similar spec and bosch motors. @Rob Rides EMTB how would you compare the ride feel compared to the Wild?

Did you ever make a decision? These are the two bikes that I’m battling to choose between.

On paper the Wild M-Team and CFR are 95% the same, but there’s quite a big price difference in the Canyon’s favour.

The Wild has won numerous group tests and looks better.

Bjonok

Sep 28, 2019
Norway
I'm very sorry if people are getting tired of this, but I'm ending up smack in the middle of two sizes. I'm 185, and 90 inseam. That puts me on a late M and early L.

This is a lot of money, and I'm just really unsure on this. @Rob Rides EMTB tested his Strive in size L, but he is 5cm taller than me. I've always gone for the larger size bike when I've purchased a new bike and ended up between sizes. But I'm thinking that it might be a good time to go for a M on a bike that is not going to serve as a downhill-bike (I currently ride a Sender size L for that). I had a Kenevo Expert in size S5 and that was monsterous and clearly to big for me.

Any advice out there on what you think I should do?
Thank you all very much for any help :)

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles