2024 Pivot Shuttle AM

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, the new Pivot EMTB trail bike is out. Replacing the older AM model interesting to me thats another brand after Canyon & Commencal that has ditched Shimano for Bosch

Shuttle AM Details

• Wheel size: 29"
• Carbon frame
• Bosch Performance CX or CX Race motor
• 625 or 750 Wh battery
• 148mm rear travel, 160mm fork
• 64.1° or 64.5° head angle
• 444mm chainstays
• Sizes: S, M, L, XL
• Claimed weight: 47.9 lb / 21.7 kg (Team build)
• MSRP: $8,999 - $13,999 USD

bikeguy11

Subscriber
Oct 9, 2019
Oregon
When I saw that come out today I immediately called my bike shop of course 🤪. He said the upper models are available now but the Ride/XT SLX won't be available until October.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Looks nice. But the term shuttle for the bike is misleading. Its a trail bike with 150/160mm. A real shuttle steed is like 180mm +
I wish there was more real shuttle bike options out there.

PS, Pivots are fast becoming dentist bikes too.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Looks nice. But the term shuttle for the bike is misleading. Its a trail bike with 150/160mm. A real shuttle steed is like 180mm +

They have the Shuttle LT (long travel) which is 170mm /165mm

You are dead right, the prices particularly in NZ are absolutely taking the piss compared to overseas prices

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
My LBS only sell Giants and Pivots, it's so weird having the owner try to pitch you a second hand Pivot for more than a new, nicely specced Giant.

They are nice and were ahead of the times with the low weight, big battery of the updated original model. My buddy absolutely shred with "only" 140mm travel of the original shuttle.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, the new Pivot EMTB trail bike is out. Replacing the older AM model interesting to me thats another brand after Canyon & Commencal that has ditched Shimano for Bosch

Shuttle AM Details

• Wheel size: 29"
• Carbon frame
• Bosch Performance CX or CX Race motor
• 625 or 750 Wh battery
• 148mm rear travel, 160mm fork
• 64.1° or 64.5° head angle
• 444mm chainstays
• Sizes: S, M, L, XL
• Claimed weight: 47.9 lb / 21.7 kg (Team build)
• MSRP: $8,999 - $13,999 USD

Shuttle LT EP8, Canyon Torque EP8, Canyon Spectral ON CFR EP801, neither company have ditched Shimano but are in fact being clever in offering choice of motors across their model range, intelligent marketing equates to more customers and more revenue, you saying the aforementioned is like saying Pivot ditched Shimano for the Fazua motor and in turn have now ditched Fazua for Bosch, all of which would be incorrect.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Shuttle LT EP8, Canyon Torque EP8, Canyon Spectral ON CFR EP801, neither company have ditched Shimano but are in fact being clever in offering choice of motors across their model range, intelligent marketing equates to more customers and more revenue, you saying the aforementioned is like saying Pivot ditched Shimano for the Fazua motor and in turn have now ditched Fazua for Bosch, all of which would be incorrect.
I think you’ll find the next shuttle LT will be Bosch powered. Switch over of motors has to coincide with new models. Point being both manufacturers are using less Shimano motors.

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
Yes I am afraid the Shimano motor underperforms when compared to the competition. All Pivot bikes work very well though

Bac

Sep 13, 2021
New Zealand

totally agree! We need more shuttle bikes - 180mm+ more the better. And a MGU included with belt drive 👌 can't wait for whoever brings this to the table

kntr

Sep 19, 2019
USA
Too bad you have to spend $12k to get the 750wh battery. Pivot it out of their minds with their prices.

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
Agree. More choice in shuttle bikes please. Pivot make a very good bike and like with everything else price is all about supply and demand. If people are willing to pay the asking price then companies are quite within there rights to charge. It's called capitalism and we are all happy to reap the benefits of that

bikeguy11

Subscriber
Oct 9, 2019
Oregon
Just picked up a Shuttle AM in the Ride SLX/XT model. Confused as to the Bosch assist levels. I have Tour+, EMTB, Sport and Turbo modes. I've never had Sport mode and it looks like it has replaced Eco mode. Anyone with info on this?

image (4).jpg

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
I am really not sure what sport is all about. Never seen that come up except maybe on an trek. They always had something a bit different. Let us know what you find out

bikeguy11

Subscriber
Oct 9, 2019
Oregon
I am really not sure what sport is all about. Never seen that come up except maybe on an trek. They always had something a bit different. Let us know what you find out
What I've gathered so far is sport is like emtb but not as dynamic. According to the Bosch mileage calculator they have basically the same range. Looks like I'm going to have to play around with the assist mode settings in the Flow app. First world problem for sure. You can also have the dealer install different modes but can only have 4 total so I'll have that option. More sensitive to battery usage as the Ride model has the 625 wh.

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
I prefer the 625 over the 750 for a variety of reasons. My setup is eco which I very rarely use tour plus which goes from eco to turbo presuming you can put enough wattage in yourself which I have never even come close to I don't think. Emtb which is a great mode if you want power but need to conserve a bit and my favourite Turbo which I can get about two and a bit hours out of hard out with aprox 1100 metres of climbing mostly techie.

kntr

Sep 19, 2019
USA
If I could get the ride with a 750wh Id buy one. The 625wh is too small for my 5000-6000 ft vert climbs.

bikeguy11

Subscriber
Oct 9, 2019
Oregon

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
That's what has me confused JP-NZ. I had read it replaced EMTB but I have both that and Sport modes but no eco. I know the bike shop can reprogram another mode back in but guess I'll give the current set up a go.
Yea no eco is very strange as the lowest mode you have now is Tour+.

I would get rid of sport and load Eco. Giving you the normal Eco>Tour+>EMTB and Turbo

mtnbikerva1

Mar 19, 2022
Mid-Atlantic
Who switched to the 220 rotor?
Thinking of trying the latest SRAM HS2 2.0 thick rotor with the XTR brakes.
Wondering if the thinner and smaller Shimano ice tech rotor is under sized for the job of slowing down and stopping the AM FULL power, 50 pound bike? Will the ice tech wear thin fast, and is it smarter to replace with the thicker and better?SRAM HS2?
What pads work best with the XTR 9120 4 piston? OEM or: Jagwire pro, Galfer, Swisstop, MTX gold, Koolstop… I ride in all 4 seasons and terrain. Rider with kit 180-185 pounds.
Experiences, thought?
Thank you.

Jasong911

Sep 27, 2023
Lakewood, CO USA
I’m not qualified to really review my AM, but I like everything about it. I don’t know if the brakes need a bigger rotor but I find myself wishing for a bit more modulation. I don’t have any experience with other brakes to give an alternate.

The other thing I want to comment on is axs shifting. I freaking love it.

My shop suggested adding a spacer to the fork and I think it works great. I weigh 220 and there are two spacers total.
IMG_0608.jpeg
IMG_0599.jpeg

mtnbikerva1

Mar 19, 2022
Mid-Atlantic
I’m not qualified to really review my AM, but I like everything about it. I don’t know if the brakes need a bigger rotor but I find myself wishing for a bit more modulation. I don’t have any experience with other brakes to give an alternate.

The other thing I want to comment on is axs shifting. I freaking love it.

My shop suggested adding a spacer to the fork and I think it works great. I weigh 220 and there are two spacers total. View attachment 129281 View attachment 129282
Do you mean you increased the fork travel? To 170?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles