2024 Fox X2 changes - better reliability

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
How are you getting along with your 2024 x2s? I sent in a 2021 and got a new 2024 in return. The bike currently has a DPX2 on it which I feel is pretty good. Wondering if I should even bother with the X2 or just sell it in new condition. I don't really trust Fox to design suspension with good performance.

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
How are you getting along with your 2024 x2s? I sent in a 2021 and got a new 2024 in return. The bike currently has a DPX2 on it which I feel is pretty good. Wondering if I should even bother with the X2 or just sell it in new condition. I don't really trust Fox to design suspension with good performance.
You do know the DPX2 is fox yea ? What forks you running ?

Ridenfool

Oct 18, 2021
Tejas
I received the replacement and it is worlds better than the low-end OEM RockShox that came on the bike.

One issue I had was in setting sag. I'm at about 265 lbs. with gear and when setting the Spring at 265-290 PSI it always sagged the same 24mm, when I was aiming for 17mm.

After talking to a Fox tech about it, I decided to run it at 265 PSI, then dialed in the dampers to the baseline range on Fox's chart. After a 17 mile loop with a few good G-outs the O-ring was still about 8mm from bottomed. So, that seems okay to me.

I'll likely fiddle with the clickers, going faster on Compression to see what happens. The ride was firm and smooth, and I liked it, but wouldn't complain if it were a little more cushy. It was nice having the back end of the bike ride a little higher as it helped with steepening the steering angle. On a long wheelbase, raked-out geometry a little faster steering is nice.

I'm happy with it.

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
You do know the DPX2 is fox yea ? What forks you running ?
I've managed to avoid Fox on my last five bikes. But, I got a great deal on a used bike. It came with the 36 performance elite and DPX2. It also came with the X2. The 2023 DPX2 feels okay. The 2023 grip 2 damper is terrible. I don't have high expectations for the 2024 X2.

Canyon Shawn

Feb 4, 2023
Lake Sherwood, California
I've managed to avoid Fox on my last five bikes. But, I got a great deal on a used bike. It came with the 36 performance elite and DPX2. It also came with the X2. The 2023 DPX2 feels okay. The 2023 grip 2 damper is terrible. I don't have high expectations for the 2024 X2.
The ‘24 X2 is a great shock!
IMG_1566.jpeg

PolBrat

Apr 15, 2024
France
Before I read a lot about EMTB on this forum (because I'm a newbie), this thread interests me!
Like many people, I have an X2 with all its problems. It is from 2022 with the overhaul done in 2023 by the French distributor Fox.
I've read that many people have had their X2 2022 replaced by a 2024 from the Fox after-sales service.
In France, the FOX distributor (the only one) is offering to open a claim but they tell me that they only use kit 803-01-952 (just gaskets...) for this claim.
Above all, they tell me that FOX has never replaced a 2022 Float X2 with a 2024 under warranty.

So, if I trust them, there are a lot of liars on this forum... but I highly doubt it!
How did you manage to replace 2022 with 2024? Or how can I prove him wrong?
I think I'll try to contact FOX UK to ask them but they'll refer me to the French distributor...😤

PolBrat

Apr 15, 2024
France
That's what I was thinking too... Thanks for your feedback, I'll try to find a way to write to Fox without him sending me back to my distributor!

By the way @ebikerider do you have any feedback on your X2 since May 2023? I'm really interested.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Mine was replaced with a new 2024 and I didn’t even ask. It was sent in for a rebuild when I got it back it was a sealed box 2024 model.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
FWIW, I’m dropping a brand new never been ridden 2023 X2 off in the post today to be exchanged for a new 2024. All they asked for was a receipt for the purchase of the frame the shock came on.

PolBrat

Apr 15, 2024
France
FWIW, I’m dropping a brand new never been ridden 2023 X2 off in the post today to be exchanged for a new 2024. All they asked for was a receipt for the purchase of the frame the shock came on.
o_O
By any chance, do you have the exchange so that I can prove to my distributor that this is still done? Thank you!

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
I know some people have received new 2024 versions but I thought they mainly just upgraded the internals on the warranty claims.

PolBrat

Apr 15, 2024
France
I think I have part of the answer :

"Thank you for reaching out to us and we sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues with your Float X2.

Please use the below link to complete a request for your Float X2, follow the service booking form through. Ensure you have your proof of purchase to hand so that can be uploaded along with the shock serial. Select the Warranty Evaluation tick box. Once we receive the completed request, we will reach out via email with instructions return your shock for us to evaluate it.

If your Float X2 is found to be an affected shock then we will re-work the shock to MY24 specification, this involves a full service and the replacement of a large number of parts with updated MY24 parts. In some instances due to stock we may replace with a new MY24 shock. Either way, if your Float X2 is in the affected range of shocks we will be returning a MY24 spec shock with updates that improves durability and performance.
Please do not hesitate to reach back out should you have additional questions."

I'm going to show it to my supplier to show him that exchanges are possible!
Fox UK seems to be super efficient!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles