2022 Rocky Mountain new Altitude Powerplay

S13

Mar 1, 2021
NL
To be honest, i dont think 199 is a hardware related fault.
I get that error every now and then, but only when powering up the bike. After a restart everything is ok. If it was a hardware related fault (loose contact or something) you would expect it to happen on a ride as well.

Recently my dealer upgraded the controller firmware to the latest version in an attempt to fix this error. I havent seen the error since, but due to poor weather i havent been riding much either. So too early to tell if it fixes the problem.

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
To be honest, i dont think 199 is a hardware related fault.
I get that error every now and then, but only when powering up the bike. After a restart everything is ok. If it was a hardware related fault (loose contact or something) you would expect it to happen on a ride as well.

Recently my dealer upgraded the controller firmware to the latest version in an attempt to fix this error. I havent seen the error since, but due to poor weather i havent been riding much either. So too early to tell if it fixes the problem.

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
I own an Altitude Powerplay 2023. I’ve noticed that the error 199 appears when there is a pressure on the pedal for a certain amount of time, but the bike isn’t moving. Like when, before starting, I‘m holding the brake lever, with the dominant feet already on the pedal, and I’m putting some weight on it. Or when I switch on the bike with the weight on the pedal.

Is your experience the same?

shalom.marom1

Nov 15, 2022
Israel
I own an Altitude Powerplay 2023. I’ve noticed that the error 199 appears when there is a pressure on the pedal for a certain amount of time, but the bike isn’t moving. Like when, before starting, I‘m holding the brake lever, with the dominant feet already on the pedal, and I’m putting some weight on it. Or when I switch on the bike with the weight on the pedal.

Is your experience the same
I tried to re

Is your experience the same?
I tried to reproduce the problem according to what you wrote, without success. I have another question, we are 3 friends that purchesed Instict A70 at the same time. Two of is use size M, and one of us use size L. The 2 size M bikes suffering error 199, size L run without a problem. What is the size of your bike?

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
I tried to re

I tried to reproduce the problem according to what you wrote, without success. I have another question, we are 3 friends that purchesed Instict A70 at the same time. Two of is use size M, and one of us use size L. The 2 size M bikes suffering error 199, size L run without a problem. What is the size of your bike?
My bike is a size Large, the Error 199 appeared 3/4 times since I've bought the bike, in about 300km and 10 rides. The first time it appeared, I had the right foot on the pedal, and then I switched on the bike. When the display tuned on, the Error 199 appeared immediately.

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
I'm considering upgrading the rear shock of my Altitude Powerplay A70 my23. The current shock is the Fox Float X performance.

The only "problem" 😬 is that the rear cinematic of this bike works so well that I don't know how much of this performance has to be attributed to the suspension system and how much to the rear shock.

I'm searching for a bit more support out of the turns and a more poppy feeling, the current shock has no compression tuning, so it's more difficult to achieve what I'm looking for...

In other words, what is the margin of improvement I can get switching to a rear shock such as a Fox Float X2 factory or a EXT Storia LOK 3 coil?

Do you have any experience with different shocks on this bike? How does the feeling change?

Robstyle

Nov 17, 2021
New Zealand
A coil gains significant small bump sensitivity over the factory float X. And because of this you can run spring rates on the firmer side to help with the support you seek. I've found the rear isn't too fussy on compression and once you get your rebound set right the bike really comes alive.

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
Did I mis-read RM's website or is it accurate...this bike has a 105NM motor? Is there a good pic of the display anywhere? I can't find one.

Flatslide

E*POWAH Master
Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ
At full charge is when the motor can output it's highest peak power and torque. I think my early bike was 108Nm 770W peak.
Now the battery is 3.5 years and 14000 km in I've lost some of that mental power it had, but it's still brilliant. My bike had a Rockshox air shock on the rear which was very good. It never did anything wrong and was completely reliable. I replaced it with a Cane Creek DBcoil il which has been a really nice conversion.

S13

Mar 1, 2021
NL
Did I mis-read RM's website or is it accurate...this bike has a 105NM motor? Is there a good pic of the display anywhere? I can't find one.
Google Jumbotron rocky mountain
and you will find lots of pics and vids.

And the motor has 108 Nm peak torque, not 105.

Suiso

Oct 11, 2021
Castellon
Para ser honesto, no creo que 199 sea una falla relacionada con el hardware.
Recibo ese error de vez en cuando, pero solo cuando enciendo la bicicleta. Despues de un reinicio todo esta bien. Si se tratara de una falla relacionada con el hardware (contacto suelto o algo así), también esperaría que sucediera en un viaje.

Recientemente, mi distribuidor actualizó el firmware del controlador a la última versión en un intento de corregir este error. No he visto el error desde entonces, pero debido al mal tiempo tampoco he estado montando mucho. Asi que es demasiado pronto para saber si soluciona el problema.

Hi, sorry for not replying sooner, I wasn't following the thread. Currently it continues to give me error 199. In my store they have already changed 3 jumbotron, a sensor, connection cable and this week the remote with cable and screen. The error continues, they do not find the error. The last thing they will change will be the engine. my bike is a size S.

EzRyder

Jun 30, 2020
London
Still loving the Altitude C70. Only annoying thing is the battery rattles when going over hard terrain. Anyway to fix this? I was thinking maybe drop the forks to access the top of the downtube and add padding between the battery and frame.

A06

Mar 9, 2023
Corona, CA
Been running a DHX2 with a Sprindex coil on my 22 Alloy and just gobbles up fast chunky stuff. Currently running a Z1 Coil fork and its better than the domain which the bike came with but I think ultimately I will run a 38 with a vorsprung kit or go all Ohlins coil front and rear.

S13

Mar 1, 2021
NL
Still loving the Altitude C70. Only annoying thing is the battery rattles when going over hard terrain. Anyway to fix this? I was thinking maybe drop the forks to access the top of the downtube and add padding between the battery and frame.
Yeah, take the battery out, put some padding around it, and place the battery back. It helped to reduce the rattling sound in my case, but did not fully resolve it.

Jerma

Mar 29, 2021
Finland
Does anyone have fact on what widht is the BB (or infact the crank spindle designed to be for) ? Is it without a spacer (89,6mm) or with one (92mm) ?

thanks, Jerma.

A06

Mar 9, 2023
Corona, CA
Does anyone have fact on what widht is the BB (or infact the crank spindle designed to be for) ? Is it without a spacer (89,6mm) or with one (92mm) ?

thanks, Jerma.

There are two different BB's and Spindles used for these bikes. I upgraded my BB and installed shorter cranks...no spacer used but the length of spindle is specific.

Go to the thread about shortening crank arms and you will find the info for spindle length.

edb_mtb_socal

Feb 21, 2020
Montrose, CA
Yes, you can remove the battery and adjust the plastic retaining clip on the end. The battery has a plastic device that can be adjusted to different levels of pressure it puts against the frame and battery. I adjusted mine all the way to the max setting and I also put a layer of Velcro tape (think soft side) around the end of the battery to help with any additional vibrations / knocking. It eliminated it completely.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles