Levo Gen 3 2022 Levo Pro with glossy wrap

lenscape

Sep 11, 2020
Calgary
I was initially buying a black 2022 Levo Expert, but the LBS could only get me a maroon Expert or the satin redwood Pro. Has anyone installed glossy ride wrap/invisishield on a matte-coloured bike?
What are your thoughts between the Expert and Pro?
TIA
IMG_3777.jpg

IMG_3659.jpg

Last edited:

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
Orange and Kashima overload really isn't looker.. it's almost like caricature, some might like it though ;- ).

The Maroon is beautiful even in matte. Get the same Deity stem (plus a much nicer Deity Speedwire bar on top) in whatever color (Black/Bronze) you want and you get just as striking bike, except good looking.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Very much a personal thing but I really don't like the matte maroon. A gloss ridewrap kit could improve it but I haven't seen that to confirm. I think standard the orange looks better but I would change the fork decals, the orange colour looks wrong to me and the white is out of place. I would go the orange bike if it were me.

Then I would contact ridewrap or invisframe and ask for a piece of matte and gloss material to put on either side of the top tube to get an indication which one I preferred.

cleoent

Aug 25, 2020
NorCal
I get many more complements on the Matte Orange than I ever did on my Black levo. Maybe it's the purple stem.
Could also just photograph poorly. I had a "rocket red" orange SJ that was siiiiiiiiick in person (IMO), but the color didn't translate to photos.

I'm not sure if the pro is the same color or not.

j.e.

Jun 29, 2020
Germany
The paint is really good on the maroon expert, i think no one needs invisiframe on it. After 1000 km riding i got no chipping on my frame from stones

Renton

Aug 4, 2021
Droitwich
The paint is really good on the maroon expert, i think no one needs invisiframe on it. After 1000 km riding i got no chipping on my frame from stones
Ive got the maroon model and yes the paint seems very good. Ive still invisiframed it to keep it looking good for longer.

exckiwi

Apr 15, 2019
Belmont, Lower hutt
Ive got the maroon model and yes the paint seems very good. Ive still invisiframed it to keep it looking good for longer.
Did you use a matt or gloss. I purchased the Maroon Expert and put 3m gloss on the top tube . It lifted the colour, which I find a bit drab into a nice deep red, so thought I would cover it in a gloss wrap on the remainder. Only thing is, like someone said it could look a bit messy.

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I've just put matte Ride Wrap on my Pro and it looks great. It slightly lifts the colour, but not by a great deal, I'll take some pics.

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
It’s the first time I’ve used ride wrap. I’ve used invisiframe on all previous bikes.

Last edited:

bastman

May 2, 2022
France
Hi everyone! I'm new on those forums and not exactly sure if i'm posting this question to you at the right place but here I go: I'm seriously considering buying the turbo levo pro 2022 this weekend at by LBS, but various reports about TCU and motor reliability are worrying me a lot. Did anyone of you @Dave_B @akira @Renton @exckiwi @j.e. @lenscape @ebikerider @George_yt had issues so far, if so would you mind sharing a bit of details about those and if/how they got fixed? Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
Hi everyone! I'm new on those forums and not exactly sure if i'm posting this question to you at the right place but here I go: I'm seriously considering buying the turbo levo pro 2022 this weekend at by LBS, but various reports about TCU and motor reliability are worrying me a lot. Did anyone of you @Dave_B @akira @Renton @exckiwi @j.e. @lenscape @ebikerider @George_yt had issues so far, if so would you mind sharing a bit of details about those andif/how they got fixed? Thanks a lot!
No issues and the bike is a blast! I have the 22 Levo Expert. Buy the bike and enjoy it. Should you have any issues, the Specialized warranty is best in the business and will get you back on the trails quickly.

Sep 19, 2020
Squamish, BC, Canada
2000+ km and no issues, after going through 4 motors on my 2019 carbon comp.

And it’s red not orange. For sure. Here’s some pics from when I got mine ridewrapped in matte and they did a little photo shoot.

83BEEB9B-8908-4D79-AA94-E0F3BC7F1390.jpeg
7373BC0F-7327-4F1D-AB90-A72899F79161.jpeg
07F91F77-167F-4F71-99ED-6AD29CFEA155.jpeg
9282A2E3-BA02-4ED4-B78E-F7350CA29569.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles