2022 Giant Trance Advanced E+2 won't turn on.

paullin523

Feb 7, 2024
Indianapolis
I finished a 20 mile ride with the battery fully charged at the start of the ride. The bike performed flawlessly. The following day, I attempted to fully charge the battery planning on a longer ride. I tried to turn on the bike to see how much power remained. The bike would not turn on. I tried repeatedly with the same result. I then removed the battery from the bike and checked to see if there was any power remaining directly in the battery. The LEDs on the 625Wh battery indicated approximately 50% battery power remaining. I connected the battery directly to the Smart Charger which went solid red meaning the charger did not recognize the battery and will not get charged. The bike, battery and charger are now at a local Giant retail store. Since the bike and smart charger do not function properly, I believe the battery may be the problem. If one cell fails or drops voltage, the BMC won't allow either a charge or power the bike due to possible voltage imbalance within the batteries that are connected in parallel. Any thoughts or experiences with this problem?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles