Article 2022 Forestal Cyon Halo review

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
The Forestal Cyon Halo is a lightweight emtb from Andorra. The size Large testbike weighs in at 18.8 kg without pedals. Many emtbs run a 160 mm travel fork, the Cyon comes with a 150 mm fork. Going down just 10 mm usually means we’re dealing with a less agressive bike. Watch our video review, or keep reading below.

Specs

The Forestal Cyon Halo comes with the Rockshox Pike Select fork. This is a nice fork for a more lightweight all mountain bike. Considering the Cyon Halo is €9.699, we were perhaps expecting the more expensive Pike Select+. But Halo is the entry level model. Check out the two more expensive models if you want even better suspension.

c02_DSC02788.jpg
Rockshox Pike 150 mm

I’m guessing Forestal has cut some cost going with the Formula Cura 2 brakes. This is a single caliper brake, we’re used to getting dual caliper brakes on emtbs. But we’ve got no reason to complain. The brake levers...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Nearly €10k for mid range fork, brakes and gearset? Are they having a laugh?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think most of the Forestals have been reported as weighing more than their quoted weight.

They seem to have a great engineering and development team behind the brand and fantastic rider input, but since the beginning they've seemed way off with many of their publicity and product/time claims. Pricing seems to have become very "exclusive" considering the specs of the bikes and taking into account that many of the promised features still don't work.

Hopefully they'll mature and eventually grow into everything they could be.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
I don't think sub 17kg is really achievable at the moment, unless it has lightweight components, I've just been out on my carbon Fazua gravel bike, it weighs nearly 16kg with pedals.

As for the pricing... 🤣🤣

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The Formula brakes are very powerful for two pots - I dont think they are a downgrade in spec, more a good choice of component

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
I think most of the Forestals have been reported as weighing more than their quoted weight.

They seem to have a great engineering and development team behind the brand and fantastic rider input, but since the beginning they've seemed way off with many of their publicity and product/time claims. Pricing seems to have become very "exclusive" considering the specs of the bikes and taking into account that many of the promised features still don't work.

Hopefully they'll mature and eventually grow into everything they could be.

Not just Forestal. I haven't had an ebike weigh what the manufacturer claims, ever. Merida, LaPierre, Specialized or Forestal. My Siryon is 600 grams heavier than listed out of the box with no component upgrades.

My diode level bike is the most expensive bike I've ever bought, by some margin. Part of that will simply be economies of scale. But the bike is stunning and equivalent in spec and price to an SWorks Levo. I was wondering how an Italian brake brand I'd never heard of could be an upgrade to an MT7 but they are simply the best brake I've used on any bike, ever. It seems their choices of components need to be ridden in context of the bike as a whole.

Gordon

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
The spec list in the article is the correct one. The website isn't up to date, allegedly.

Which I find very unprofessional.
The website is very easy to modify.

Even the delivery date is wrong (march 2022 it is still saying), and I have notifyed the company about this - no change...
If the bike weight is also wrong....hmmm...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles