Other 2022 Carbon Comp vs 2022 S-Works

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
S-works also has carbon chainstay while comp has alloy chainstay...

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
S-works also has carbon chainstay while comp has alloy chainstay...

Pretty sure the 2022 comp carbon has a carbon rear end

The 2019 to 2021 Comp carbon and the Expert's came with an alloy rear end, as of 2022 all carbon frames have a carbon rear end if im not mistaken

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
If you're just buying the frame, the S-works also has an upgraded rear shock. If you're buying a complete bike, obviously LOTS of parts spec differences. Huge differences, actually.

Dago

Dec 5, 2020
Michigan
There is an actual spec for S-works carbon.
Not the same as other models, but probably minuscule difference, in the long run.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
There is an actual spec for S-works carbon.
Not the same as other models, but probably minuscule difference, in the long run.
Yeah it is all in the decal.

Must be a full moon or something, the amount of false information popping up on this forum the past few days is amazing.

Look, I get that everyone (every s-works owner) would like the s-works to be different to justify the price tag but unfortunately with the Levo's it just isn't.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Yeah it is all in the decal.

Must be a full moon or something, the amount of false information popping up on this forum the past few days is amazing.

Look, I get that everyone (every s-works owner) would like the s-works to be different to justify the price tag but unfortunately with the Levo's it just isn't.

Um, not exactly. The S-Works frame comes with a Fox Factory X2 rear shock vs the Carbon Comp's Float X Performance rear shock.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Just talking about the frame, and not any of the components that we add to them to make it into a complete bicycle.

That's the point: the *FRAME* ships with a *SHOCK*, even if you buy a bare frame. And *SHOCKS* are *DIFFERENT*.

Winger

May 28, 2020
Birmingham
Have just gone from a 22 Turbo Levo with Hope wheels to a 22 Carbon Comp, have to say justifying the extra is going to take some doing.

Jagged

Sep 11, 2022
Asia
Currently own a Comp Carbon and in case anyone have tested the different Levo variants back to back , how does the Comp suspension (Fox 36 Rhythm/FloatX) compare to the Pro/Sworks (Fox 38 Factory/Float X2)? Which setup did you prefer?

Also, does the Traverse carbon wheelset improve handling especially on tight trails? The only thing I miss with normal mtb’s is its nimbleness and I wonder if lighter wheels help offset the 2.6” tires’ weight especially on slower speeds.

I’m actually fine with the Comp especially since I’ve already upgraded to Magura brakes and AXS. But I have an opportunity to trade up a 2022 Sworks for almost the same cost as my Comp purchase last year so I’m wondering if its worth it if mainly for those reasons.

Thanks!

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles