2021 Whyte

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
Just looking this over again and I can't seem to get over that stand over height? Am I reading the specs right, as it states 822mm which is 32 inches. How on earth is someone at 5,6 which a medium starts at going to fit that off the seat never mind me with a 31" leg.

Have two dealers having a look for stock tomorrow for me.

SteveT999 can you stand over your bike? As the 150 is 31" and you have a 29" leg?
Wonder if that’s a typo on the medium standover...? Seems odd that it’s the same figure as the large.

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Just looking this over again and I can't seem to get over that stand over height? Am I reading the specs right, as it states 822mm which is 32 inches. How on earth is someone at 5,6 which a medium starts at going to fit that off the seat never mind me with a 31" leg.

Standover is always measured from the ground to the centre of the top tube. So on a sloping top tube (like the Whyte), don't think it's an issue?

Jul 2, 2020
Newcastle
RockShox to Fox
5mm more BB ground clearance, 2mm slightly longer chainstay. Will anyone notice?
Looking forward to seeing where they have routed the gear cable.

My completely obsolete and now utterly useless 2020 model gets its 2021 Bosch upgrade on Friday ;)
Before a thrash round Dalby in the afternoon (y)
Hi, Same here, are you paying for the upgrade, I'm being charged £40?
Regs

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Yeah but the spec has gone up too - the new 180 V2 is looking killer, you have 2k's worth of suspension on it alone, 220mm rotors up front, pretty much how I would spec the bike if I was given free reign.

View attachment 35966

was looking at these today ??‍♂️

I really really really like the look of it....

this may get expensive lol ?

N9VNS

Jun 26, 2020
South Wales
Im going to ring my local whyte dealer tomorrow. I love the look of the E160 RS and 27.5” wheels which I prefer.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Shame they’ve dropped the coil shock from the 180, it was the way it covered rough ground that sold me on it...

...before the long haired general saw how much they were and put her foot down!

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
It’s here (well, there)!
1595580243832.png

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
It’s here (well, there)!

Have they changed the colours? Says Matt Burnt Orange on your box, and Matt Moss with Yellow & Grey on the website ?

My S is still early August, can't wait!

GANI

May 16, 2020
Northern Ireland
Dam nice looking bike! Only two dealers in NI and none of them can seem to get stock for me :(

Noticed you went large there, what's your height and leg?

GANI

May 16, 2020
Northern Ireland
Does anyone know the story about dealers etc? I asked one of the dealers that couldn't get stock if I ordered it via England online and if there was issues could I bring it yo you for fixing or sending back to whyte and was told no, so it would have to go back to where I bought it!

Surly if they are listed as a dealer I should be able to get it fixed via them in NI? That is what has put me off ordering from England.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Man that looks sweet! Standover doesnt look bad in the pic and looks like they fixed the cable routing as well. Fingers crossed that carries over to the 180.If both those things are fixed Whyte is moving to the top of the list.

citydreams

Jul 20, 2020
Brixton
Any details of the rerouting (y)

I spoke with ACE bikes who confirmed they have rerouted the wiring out of the back of the Bosch unit. You can still see a single cable on the stock image:

Maxb

Patreon
Nov 29, 2018
South East England
Test rode the E160 RS today really like it but it was not really tested anywhere near it's capabilities as I had 45 min at my local trail centre.

It felt well balanced but also be playful I had no problem hoping it around and it was very easy to lift the front end. The front end felt planted and gave good feed back and confidence.

The biggest improvement from the E150 I rode last year was the new software update it's transformed the motor it very natural feeling and produces power from very low cadences and hill starts are much easier I found it even produced good power from half cranks ratcheting over obstacles of course you can get this for your E 150.

I really like it but can't get my size until December and they would not budge on price so I have managed to get an E150 RS brand new for £4720 so I'm going with that might even take the lyrics off it sell them as new and buy some ZEB rc for it

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles