Levo Gen 2 2021 Turbo Levo Break Howl

Mousepad90

Jul 8, 2020
Los Angeles
My 2021 starting howling whenever I break, and even though I tried to clean the rotors and clean/sand the pads...it keeps coming back. I noticed that other 2021 are having this same issue, and some have even gotten their wheels replaced under warranty. Has this happened to anyone else? Please share!

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
I had the same problem with my SRAM Code brakes. I would wet-sand the pads with 320 grit on a piece of glass, scuff the rotors with a surface conditioning disk in my die grinder, then do a careful bedding in. My regular route has some steep descents that are shared with hikers along with their kids and dogs. If I had to slow from 25 mph to 5 mph several times while going down the steep sections, the Codes would be howling by the time I got to the bottom.

I finally got so tired of the weekly sand/bed process that I bought a set of Magura MT7s and Magura MDR-P rotors. The Maguras don't howl, mine don't click, and they haven't needed any love outside of one pad replacement so far. Lots of Magura questions answered in other threads!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles