Levo Gen 2 2021 Levo Comp

Rhoody

Apr 28, 2021
Ontario Canada
Hello to all !
Brand spanking new here so firing off my first post ! I managed to place a order back in February for a 2021 levo Comp in oak green .
Im getting pretty impatient as it’s still not arrived but I’m guessing this is the norm these days .
This is a huge purchase for me , as is most I presume and hope I won’t be disappointed .
I’m calling this a mid life purchase as opposed to crisis , (married , child , sore knees from abuse in younger years ) and I’m really looking forward to getting out there more without the same effort as my trusty EPIC still delivers .
A quick question : how do you fellow owners feel about the 32km cut off ..? I’m sure I’ll be fine with it , especially on the flats , I’m not a downhill kinda guy more trail tamed .
Any thoughts on the bike and or how this machine performs would be great to read and add to my anticipation .!
Thanks all .

Rhoody

Apr 28, 2021
Ontario Canada
im UK so have the 25kph limit and its horrible. 32kph is way more like it
Ouch ...25kph seems like a blanket speed limit meant mostly to limit those on city streets?
Which model/ year of levo do you own/ have experience with ? Are you happy with the unit or had any major issues ?
Thanks

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Ouch ...25kph seems like a blanket speed limit meant mostly to limit those on city streets?
Which model/ year of levo do you own/ have experience with ? Are you happy with the unit or had any major issues ?
Thanks
ive had 2 levos, a 2019 carbon comp and currently a 2020 comp, loved em both. had loads of problems with the first one but mostly 'normal' problems like bearing failures after a month etc, no real issues with the motor etc.
the current bike is excellent, ive really used it hard and its great, I live in Wales as well which is renown for being very, very wet and I ride all year round.. stay on top of maintenance and all good

Rhoody

Apr 28, 2021
Ontario Canada
ive had 2 levos, a 2019 carbon comp and currently a 2020 comp, loved em both. had loads of problems with the first one but mostly 'normal' problems like bearing failures after a month etc, no real issues with the motor etc.
the current bike is excellent, ive really used it hard and its great, I live in Wales as well which is renown for being very, very wet and I ride all year round.. stay on top of maintenance and all good
Wow ! All year round ...jeez I got along way to go eh !!??
Great to hear your experience is positive and you’ve liked them enough to have purchased two times , thanks for the chat I can’t wait till I get the call to “come get the bike “
Cheers

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
2021 Levo comp front light cable; is there room to get cable to the front without dropping motor?
How about rear light cable for Lupine C14? Mission impossible?

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
2021 Levo comp front light cable; is there room to get cable to the front without dropping motor?
How about rear light cable for Lupine C14? Mission impossible?

Don't know about the rear, but I fitted a front light without dropping the motor, it's a Comp Carbon :)

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Hello to all !
Brand spanking new here so firing off my first post ! I managed to place a order back in February for a 2021 levo Comp in oak green .
Im getting pretty impatient as it’s still not arrived but I’m guessing this is the norm these days .
This is a huge purchase for me , as is most I presume and hope I won’t be disappointed .
I’m calling this a mid life purchase as opposed to crisis , (married , child , sore knees from abuse in younger years ) and I’m really looking forward to getting out there more without the same effort as my trusty EPIC still delivers .
A quick question : how do you fellow owners feel about the 32km cut off ..? I’m sure I’ll be fine with it , especially on the flats , I’m not a downhill kinda guy more trail tamed .
Any thoughts on the bike and or how this machine performs would be great to read and add to my anticipation .!
Thanks all .

Welcome!

In summary - You'll love it!

I have a 2020 Levo and after approx 2400 miles, I love it as much as I did when I first got it. I ride mine way more than I rode my non-emtbs. It does long trail riding, Enduro style events, Downhill/Gravity stuff all day long (and saves $ on uplift passes at bike parks). I've ridden several 40+ mile and >4500ft climbing loops in trail mode and always come back with >20% battery (700wh).

If its helpful - the things which weren't amazing I've changed:
- Replaced SRAM Code R brakes with Magura MT5's (220mm/203mm rotors)
- Switched air shaft in Fox 36 Fork from 150mm to 160mm
- Got rid of the Specialized tyres for Michelin Wild Enduros 2.4
- Replaced chainring with a Hope 36T

The speed cut off is an interesting one and will attract quite a few different responses from people on here. My take is, as long as you're happy to void the warranty and whatever laws you have in your country around this - it totally transforms the bike from good to amazing. For me, I plan to derestrict the day the warranty expires!

Rhoody

Apr 28, 2021
Ontario Canada
Welcome!

In summary - You'll love it!

I have a 2020 Levo and after approx 2400 miles, I love it as much as I did when I first got it. I ride mine way more than I rode my non-emtbs. It does long trail riding, Enduro style events, Downhill/Gravity stuff all day long (and saves $ on uplift passes at bike parks). I've ridden several 40+ mile and >4500ft climbing loops in trail mode and always come back with >20% battery (700wh).

If its helpful - the things which weren't amazing I've changed:
- Replaced SRAM Code R brakes with Magura MT5's (220mm/203mm rotors)
- Switched air shaft in Fox 36 Fork from 150mm to 160mm
- Got rid of the Specialized tyres for Michelin Wild Enduros 2.4
- Replaced chainring with a Hope 36T

The speed cut off is an interesting one and will attract quite a few different responses from people on here. My take is, as long as you're happy to void the warranty and whatever laws you have in your country around this - it totally transforms the bike from good to amazing. For me, I plan to derestrict the day the warranty expires!
Hey there !!
Thanks for all of this info and the added pump to my anticipation. Waiting since end of February now , and still no Levo . Here’s to hoping to arrives soon .!
Cheers !

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Just got phone call from LBS ; my Levo Comp is ready for me, tomorrow is NBD!

giphy.gif

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
It's here. One ride done this morning. Awesome bike. Love it. :love:

IMG_9526.jpeg

Tyres are actually not bad at all, was very slippery this morning. Summer keeps waiting...
I think that as tyres get some kilometres and surface brokes in they might be pretty good. Gonna give them a chance.(y)

lumi.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles