Levo Gen 2 2021 Expect Levo Roval rear wheel conversion

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Any gents or Dames out there that can assists.

I want to switch my 2021 Levo expert over to Shimano (Destroyed my X01 rear mech ) and have a 12 speed XT group set that I was going to use on an analog build that is not happening anymore.
I find the Shimano rear mech does tend to tuck away much better than the sram and want to switch over. My questions.
I need to get a Microspline freehub body for the wheel - I know its a 3 paw DT internals on the royal. (Cheaper than a new X01 rear mech)
Will this work ?

Any advise will be appreciated.

DJ57UMP

Mar 13, 2021
England
I'd ask your local Spesh shop for a freehub.

In truth I'd probably just buy a GX mech - lets face it unless you are made of money mechs get smashed too often to have expensive ones!

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Why? same spacing and sizes. Marketing BS.
From research I have done.
12s shimano 3.55 mm
12s sram 3.65 mm

seems there is a difference in spacing. But can make it work with the extreme ends of the gears not being so crisp if you use the centre of the cassette to index.

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Do you have this rear hub?
- Roval DT Swiss 360, 3-pawl design, SRAM XD driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h

It's maybe this one
This is the hub that have... according to my inspection and the site.

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 13.32.31.png

tabrat

Sep 29, 2019
Ventura CA
I would go to your spesh shop and make sure and if you jump I would consider moving to a different wheel. For what it’s worth I switched my entire bike over to Shimano and feel it is vastly improved In every way. After blowing up the Roval wheels I upgraded to a 32 spoke Enve set up and have had zero problems. Also, once you have crashed multiple times on your stock spesh tires make the switch to Maxxis and you wheel be much happier and safer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles