2021 EoneSixty " foam, motor protection"

Finken

Feb 2, 2020
skien Norway
On the Merida EoneSixty 2021 models, there are a "foam" dust/dirt protection arount the motor.
Anyone know of a better, aftermark solution? This dosent look any good , on an expensive bike:)

2020-11-02 13.55.31.jpg

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Saw that on a YouTube channel last night. Looks rubbish. Could you imagine what that will be like once mud and water soak in. Terrible design, hopefully someone comes up with something because merida make some great bikes.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Its there to stop the build up of mud and weight and it also will allow water to drain, its often used on offroad motorbikes for that purpose
Sounds logical. I think I've seen this stuff before - mud and dust don't get far into the foam. I'd leave it. My '20 model just has a gap - it gets dusty, but that's all.

DOMBUSH

Aug 10, 2020
Cambridge
Riding in dusty / sandy conditions today it's clear to me that the foam that fills the gap between the frame and motor is needed. There's a fair buildup of dirt / grime around the wiring and inner frame.

However, the foam piece isnt fitted to my bike, just a big gap.

Does anyone have a photo of the foam piece (unfitted) so that i can create a piece of my own.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles