2021 cube stereo battery cover

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Just been to get the bike ready to go out. No battery cover! Must have fallen off last time out and that was on nothing too rugged, mainly tarmac. Anybody else lost one and know where to get a replacement. Have bodged a cover out of an old mudguard for today but need to replace it ASAP.

socktwister

May 19, 2021
bolton
Same happened to me and I called the store I purchased from and they ordered me one .
About £40 and the model/part number on the invoice is 18-05597.
hope this helps ?

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Same happened to me and I called the store I purchased from and they ordered me one .
About £40 and the model/part number on the invoice is 18-05597.
hope this helps ?
Thanks.. Ive ordered one too but its taking ages. What model is yours? 120, 140,or160? I think the frames are slightly different. was the release push button fixed to the cover when it arrived? Ive been told its a separate item and that is what is causing the delay.
im going to cable tie it in place when it arrives so that I don't lose it again!

socktwister

May 19, 2021
bolton
Thanks.. Ive ordered one too but its taking ages. What model is yours? 120, 140,or160? I think the frames are slightly different. was the release push button fixed to the cover when it arrived? Ive been told its a separate item and that is what is causing the delay.
im going to cable tie it in place when it arrives so that I don't lose it again!

Mine came with out the lock which is thought was a bit silly to be honest but I ordered that retrospectively at a cost of an extra £20.

Ive also ordered some long Velcro re useable zip ties that I will tie around the cover and down tube for when I’m out in case it works loose again .

socktwister

May 19, 2021
bolton
Mine came with out the lock which is thought was a bit silly to be honest but I ordered that retrospectively at a cost of an extra £20.

Ive also ordered some long Velcro re useable zip ties that I will tie around the cover and down tube for when I’m out in case it works loose again .
Mine is the 140

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Thanks...still waiting for mine to arrive. Surprised it hasn't happened to more people. Zip ties it is!

northgarden

Jul 26, 2021
Kent
Hi there new to the emtb scene and I got a my cube 160 2021 had the same issue.
ive now lost the battery cover. The shop I bought it from has zero aftercare which is annoying.Would you mind sharing where you got the cover and latch mechanism from?

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Hi there new to the emtb scene and I got a my cube 160 2021 had the same issue.
ive now lost the battery cover. The shop I bought it from has zero aftercare which is annoying.Would you mind sharing where you got the cover and latch mechanism from?
Hi and welcome. Its annoying, isn't it? I got mine from where I bought the bike. Leisure Wheels, Hemel Hempstead. I think that you will have to go through an authorised Cube dealer as they have to order parts from Germany, which takes ages.
You need to get the right part number to start with. My bike is the 120 which is a different cover to the 140 and 160. If the 140 and 160 are the same , the part number is 18-05597, as mentioned above.
The latch mechanism is a separate part, which you will also have to order.
Try google as well. I found some third party parts in Romania, Slovakia, etc but nobody replied to emails.
You will have a wait of several weeks, so you will need to protect the battery in the meantime, as all the crap from the front wheel goes straight onto the battery area. I used a front mudguard [ the type that fits onto the downtube], cable ties, and some gorilla tape. it doesn't look great , but keeps the crap out.
I think the first step is making sure that you are ordering the correct part number. Maybe someone on here has the 160 and could have a look for you.
Also of course, once you get the new cover, secure it with something so it doesn't come off again. The problem must be with the latch not clicking in properly I think.
Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
This is the type of mudguard that I used
cover.jpg

northgarden

Jul 26, 2021
Kent
Thanks I found one seller who was just selling the cover without the latch and they have it in stock. I suppose I could use that and just use tape to hold in in place for the meantime.
Shame as it’s a great bike but a bit surprised that the cover came off so easily.

northgarden

Jul 26, 2021
Kent
Thanks everyone. In the end I was able to speak to someone from cycle solutions who was an absolute legend and sourced me one from a demo bike!
really nice guy who informed me that the latch mechanism is comprised of 7 parts which cube sell individually from the cover itself which makes ordering not quite so straightforward.
Anyway I’m now sorted so should be back riding soon.

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Thanks everyone. In the end I was able to speak to someone from cycle solutions who was an absolute legend and sourced me one from a demo bike!
really nice guy who informed me that the latch mechanism is comprised of 7 parts which cube sell individually from the cover itself which makes ordering not quite so straightforward.
Anyway I’m now sorted so should be back riding soon.
That’ll be German over-engineering then!
Glad I wasn’t the only one, it’s obviously a thing though.

Daboss

Jan 17, 2021
Melbourne
Anyone have the part number or site to grab the latch mechanism for us blokes in Australia that are kept in the dark due to crap LBS support. As none of the bikes shops here can find a part listed under that part number above.

Last edited:

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
My mate has a Cube Acid (?) Hardtail. The cover used to rattle driving him (and I) mad. I cut an inner tube and put it between battery and cover. Fits very snuggly and doesn’t rattle and I guess less likely to fall off. Looks slightly better than a strap.

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Anyone have the part number or site to grab the latch mechanism for us blokes in Australia that are kept in the dark due to crap LBS support. As none of the bikes shops here can find a part listed under that part number above.
Try an email to one of the companies mentioned earlier in the thread. They might be able to supply part numbers. Sounds like the latch comprises of seven different components which is nuts.

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Try an email to one of the companies mentioned earlier in the thread. They might be able to supply part numbers. Sounds like the latch comprises of seven different components which is nuts.
Sorry, replied without reading the post with the diagram. So it would be no13 on the list.

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
And of course no15
15 is the plastic cover. Think he was only after the latch. But thanks, the diagram will be really helpful for folks??Think the latch will be for all models (120, 140, 160) but the 120 has a different part no for the cover.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles