Levo Gen 2 2020 Turbo Levo Motor Error code

Bertquist

Sep 9, 2019
Alabama
So my Turbo Levo just started acting up and is now is at the LBS. I’m concerned it may take a while to get parts once it’s diagnosed.
I love this SOB and ride almost daily.

While riding a rocky area it shut off a couple of times. I stopped and it powered right up so off I go.
After the ride I charge it up and now it does not want to power up. But I can open and close the charge door and monkey with it and put pressure on the charge port door and get it powered up
I’m getting the Motor Error code(twice)but can clear it by rebooting the bike.
So to summarize: the symptoms indicate Charge port door but the code says Motor Error.
Thanks for any help.
Bert

57 Reaction

May 27, 2019
United Kingdom
So my Turbo Levo just started acting up and is now is at the LBS. I’m concerned it may take a while to get parts once it’s diagnosed.
I love this SOB and ride almost daily.

While riding a rocky area it shut off a couple of times. I stopped and it powered right up so off I go.
After the ride I charge it up and now it does not want to power up. But I can open and close the charge door and monkey with it and put pressure on the charge port door and get it powered up
I’m getting the Motor Error code(twice)but can clear it by rebooting the bike.
So to summarize: the symptoms indicate Charge port door but the code says Motor Error.
Thanks for any help.
Bert

I had similar issues with my 2020 Levo, it was fixed by replacing the power lead. which my LBS obtained and fitted in a couple of days.

Why don't Spesh dealers keep these in stock because its a VERY common problem ?

Well I asked my LBS that question and they said it's to expensive to carry lots of spares, Spesh should be recalling all Levos and fitting this
revised cable to avoid un-necessary down time for owners.

hannu

Aug 9, 2019
FIN
I had very similar symptoms (motor and battery not found errors) which were getting worse all the time, I just replaced the power cable and at least for the last few rides the bike has been working normally so I would assume that was causing the problems.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles