2020 Trance E+ Derestrict —- Best Option???

MattK

Feb 10, 2020
Australia
Looking at Derestricting my 2020 model ...
SpeedBox 2 looks good , but are there any other options worth looking into like a ReFlash or RedPed etc .

really want something that can be turned On or Off , one way or another.

????

MattK

Feb 10, 2020
Australia
Not interested in a Hack Job ... no offence ..

looking for something that can run at 25kph Australian Limit Or open up to whatever Max I can hit ...

the 2020 model isn’t compatible with BadAssBox ...
What others are reliable and SwitchAble

Cubie

Feb 19, 2020
Fife, Scotland
Not interested in a Hack Job ... no offence ..

looking for something that can run at 25kph Australian Limit Or open up to whatever Max I can hit ...

the 2020 model isn’t compatible with BadAssBox ...
What others are reliable and SwitchAble
Read the rest of the thread. I posted instructions on how to up the limit as per Giant service manual.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Just tried that and pretty sure it just dropped my limit to 20kph then lifted it back to 25k
I can't help but think that resetting any Giant to 32kph assist limit is only a matter of figuring out which buttons to push at the correct sequence. A very closely guarded secret held by Giant dealerships, I can only imagine - as I wear my special conspiracy tinfoil hat...

If you ever fluke or stumble across it, please don't plaster it here for everyone to see... just PM me! It'll be our little secret... ;):giggle:

MattK

Feb 10, 2020
Australia
I can't help but think that resetting any Giant to 32kph assist limit is only a matter of figuring out which buttons to push at the correct sequence. A very closely guarded secret held by Giant dealerships, I can only imagine - as I wear my special conspiracy tinfoil hat...

If you ever fluke or stumble across it, please don't plaster it here for everyone to see... just PM me! It'll be our little secret... ;):giggle:

honestly .... 32kph would be Awesome...

Enough even ...

I am not sure why it isn’t some Easily found on the Web , No blame to Giant sort of Deal.

I can easily hit 45 to 50 on Downhill Trails and a few Cycle Paths ...

It’s just annoying and un Nerving when you want the Power to help you at 25 and it just Checks Out and you find out the hard way you were in the Wrong gear , then hit the Wall (power wise) then your lined up for That Jump that you now find yourself wishing for 27kph lol

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
^ All eBikes here in NZ are rated to 32km assist limit... not just Giants. Obviously this is about legislative compliance and not manufacturers being fractured.

Which surprises me, Australia and New Zealand both being neighbouring commonwealth countries with identical road driving rules, you’d think our eBike legislation would be the same too.

And yes, 32kph is enough (much more manageable where hitting the wall is seldom noticed, but only just).

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
^ All eBikes here in NZ are rated to 32km assist limit... not just Giants. Obviously this is about legislative compliance and not manufacturers being fractured.

Which surprises me, Australia and New Zealand both being neighbouring commonwealth countries with identical road driving rules, you’d think our eBike legislation would be the same too.

And yes, 32kph is enough (much more manageable where hitting the wall is seldom noticed, but only just).
We can't even get our states to have the same legislation, let alone parity with our beloved Commonwealth neighbors.
I am really annoyed tho - 32 kph would be much better and probably curb the number of people derestricing.

MattK

Feb 10, 2020
Australia
Yeah , Thanks ...

I am in WA .. there’s a Guy in Perth that can do it too ... same Company possibly

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles