Ridecontrol Relocation Options?

AOT

Apr 12, 2021
So Cal
Finally got to ride the new Trance, pretty neat getting to the regular turn around spot (on the analog bike), and just keep going, there might be something to these EMTB's :).
Everything worked great, but I am wondering about the controller mounted on the top of the bars, looks a little vulnerable.
So, has this been a problem for anyone? It would be nice if it was mounted behind or below the bar.
Any solutions, or just forget about it and ride the bike?
TIA.

CraigR

Aug 10, 2020
Livermore, Ca
I rotated mine towards me so it is vertical on the inside of the handle bar. Did this mostly just because it was easier to press the buttons while I was riding. But I suppose it does protect it better.

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ
I thought about getting something 3d printed - a clamp to go around the stem which has a small 22.2mm stub sticking out to mount the RideControl on. I suppose a piece of bar off-cut and a zip-tie would do the same thing.

But I see you can also get things like these bar extensions (with a bit of trimming) which could achieve the same thing.

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ
I rotated mine towards me so it is vertical on the inside of the handle bar. Did this mostly just because it was easier to press the buttons while I was riding. But I suppose it does protect it better.

I've tried that but I found it hard to see the level/charge indicators.

CraigR

Aug 10, 2020
Livermore, Ca
I've tried that but I found it hard to see the level/charge indicators.
Well mine isn't 100% vertical. It is about 20 degrees from vertical so I can still see the LED's. I don't have much issue seeing them. Just play around with it and get it to a place you can see the LED's, but it is more protected. Another solution is just don't fall :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles