2020 Specialized levo/kenevo rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Perhaps it's a good idea to edit the title into something more "official", like "Specialized 2020 Levo and Kenevo" thread. Can a moderator do this? It will easier for people to discuss this and centralize our discussion. (simple idea, I'm n to az dictator yet).

But if this happens it doesn't leave the door open for dumb asses like me to come along and propose stupid things as rumours ! :)

Reactions: Dax

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
What would be the most travel a levo could be setup up with? And would 27.5’s with 2.8’s totally mess up the handling. Trying to decide if I should just make my own kenevo.
Generaly some small modifications are OK. I started with a + bike rims 27.5 40mm, it was on 3.0. Now i use a rear 2.8(last 2 months) the difference is not noticable and i love the roll and grip of the Rekon(not available in 3.0).
Also it came with 175 arms, again 2 months with 165 just love them for where i ride. Same for fork often + 10 mm is fine. I just try to keep my BB high enough to clear rocks where i ride and keep changes within reason. My 2.8 is 0.5 in lower than my 3.0 but not all 3.0 are the same. If you go for 3.0 front my Chronicle is doing the job and i read good things about Bontragers.

Four Flusher

Jun 24, 2019
Reno
I also ordered the 2020 Turbo Levo Expert Carbon in Gloss Carbon/Gun Metal. The price is $8,225.00, with delivery "sometime in August". I can't stand any of the 2019 color options, so I ended up ordering the 2020. Almost went for the 2019 S-Works for an even $10k, but just couldn't quite justify the cost difference.

View attachment 16747

Here are the specs:
FRAME FACT 9m Carbon w/ M5 alloy rear triangle, 29 Trail Geometry, Integrated down tube battery, enclosed internal cable, Command Post routing, 148mm spacing, fully sealed cartridge
bearings, 150mm of travel

FORK Fox 36 Performance, 150mm travel, Grip damper with 3 position micro adjust, 51mm offset

REAR SHOCK FOX FLOAT DPS Performance, 3-position adjustment, 52.5x210mm, Rx Trail Tune

FRONT HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm spacing, 28h

REAR HUB DT Swiss 360, 3-pawl design, SRAM XD driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h

SPOKES DT Swiss Competition Race

RIMS Roval Traverse 29, hookless alloy, 30mm width, hand-built, 2Bliss Ready

INNER TUBES Standard, Presta valve

FRONT TIRE Butcher, GRID TRAIL casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.6"

REAR TIRE Eliminator, BLCK DMND Casing, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"

CRANKSET Praxis, 2D cold-forged alloy, custom offset, 165mm

CHAINRINGS 32T, custom steel

SHIFT LEVERS SRAM S700, single-click lever

REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM X1, 11-speed

CASSETTE SRAM XG-1175, 11-speed, 10-42t

CHAIN KMC X11ET, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™

FRONT BRAKE SRAM Code R, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 200mm

REAR BRAKE SRAM Code R, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 200mm

HANDLEBARS Specialized Trail, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 27mm rise, 780mm, 31.8mm clamp

GRIPS Specialized Sip grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness

STEM Specialized Trail, forged alloy, 4-bolt, 5mm rise

SADDLE Body Geometry Myth 155 S, Body Geometry Henge 143 M/L/XL, hollow cr-mo rails

SEATPOST Command Post IRcc, 16-position micro-height adjustable, two-bolt head, bottom mount cable routing, remote SRL lever, 34.9mm, S: 130mm, M/L/XL: 160mm of travel

SEAT BINDER Specialized bolt-type, alloy, 38.6mm

SWAT Specialized Z-Cage, Swat CC Multitool in steerer tube without Chaintool

MOTOR Specialized 2.1, custom Rx Trail-tuned motor, 250W nominal

UI/REMOTE Specialized TCU, 10-LED State of charge, 3-LED Ride Mode display, ANT+/Bluetooth®

BATTERY Specialized M2-700, integrated battery w/rock guard, 700Wh

CHARGER Custom charger, 42V4A w/ Rosenberger plug

WIRING HARNESS Custom Specialized wiring harness

PEDALS Specialized Dirt
I see you're also in Reno. I'm wondering which shop you ordered from? I bought my '19 Levo Comp in Boise and after visiting all the local dealers, I'm not impressed. Love the bike and can't see a life without it. I'm sure I'll upgrade when the Creo tech get to the Levo so I want to have a good relationship with a local dealer.

gwbcn

Patreon
Jul 25, 2018
Barcelona
What would be the most travel a levo could be setup up with? And would 27.5’s with 2.8’s totally mess up the handling. Trying to decide if I should just make my own kenevo.

I put put a Boxxer Team 27.5 on the front of my original Levo size L. I know it's not officially endorsed like on my Kenevo but now since the warranty is up I'm taking my chances. I don't ride where you can get big air (not that I would have the skills) so there's less frame stress than in other locations. BB height is 35mm now - so yeah, it's a mini-Kenevo.

coggbike

Jul 24, 2019
California
I prefer the RS suspension to the Fox on the expert, and the rest of the components are all good quality, nothing you need to upgrade out the box save for the obvious contact points based on personal preference.

For the riding you are describing I see no point in going for the expert, unless you must have carbon, which IMO isn’t necessary

@R120 - Thanks, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. I'm definitely tending to the Alu Comp. Speaking of contact points, I really don't like the Command Post dropper on the Expert, I much prefer the "lower end" XFusion on the Comp. So I'd have to deal with that on the Expert.

My friend, who is buying a Levo at the same time, is trying to convince me to go with the Expert. I'm thinking I buy the Alu Comp and he does what makes him feel good if he wants to spend the $2500 more :)

Canakris

Jul 30, 2019
belgium
I was almost buying a 2019 comp but seeing 2020 with the bigger battery, make me wait until beginning of september, thats when my LBS told me to contact him again for full prices and colors.

I'm buying it as Bike leasing from my employer and the company we're leasing with always gets a standard 10%discount, so that eliminates the price diff 2019-2020, which makes it a no brainer for me.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

HGmtb

Patreon
Jan 16, 2019
Sydney

Officially a 160 mm fork is OK. I've got one on my 2019 Levo, with 29 x 2.6 on the front and 27.5 x 2.8 on the back (with the flip chip set high) - and it totally improves the handling !

Frano

Jul 11, 2019
Chile
It might be a better option to buy the base model and upgrade the fork and brakes. Base model and comp are very similar.
That´s what I'll do,....the first upgrades will be RS Lyrik Ultimate, Codes RSC and Cushcore....

Aug 6, 2019
australia
2020 Kenevo news! It will be asymmetric like the Levo/stumpjumper. It's basically a long travel E-bike version of Stumpjumper Evo and will still have the brose motor. Due sometime in September and will have models with dual crown forks in the lineup
Hello Enon, Do you know if thee new Kenevo have the 2.1 motor? Would it have the same battery or like the new Levo stumpjumper? I am about to buy one and thinking of holding the purchase cheers thank you in advance

Log

Jul 22, 2019
Germany
Why would you want the 2.1 motor? You cant tune it with blevo and the new brose drive s mag (2.1) has a heat problem. Bought a Kenevo Expert 19 for 4500€ 4 weeks ago, thats a nice deal.

lggc

Jul 23, 2019
Spain
[QUOTE = "HGmtb, post: 89991, member: 2518"] Oficialmente una horquilla de 160 mm está bien. Tengo uno en mi Levo 2019, con 29 x 2.6 en la parte delantera y 27.5 x 2.8 en la parte posterior (con el chip flip alto), ¡y mejora totalmente el manejo! [/ QUOTE]

tienes Instagram o Facebook?

dreads6

Mar 25, 2019
United Kingdom
I've got 160mm fox 36 with 27.5 wheels and 2.8 tyres and is better handling and more grip than with the 29er wheels on it just dosn't roll as fast

HGmtb

Patreon
Jan 16, 2019
Sydney
[QUOTE = "HGmtb, post: 89991, member: 2518"] Oficialmente una horquilla de 160 mm está bien. Tengo uno en mi Levo 2019, con 29 x 2.6 en la parte delantera y 27.5 x 2.8 en la parte posterior (con el chip flip alto), ¡y mejora totalmente el manejo! [/ QUOTE]

tienes Instagram o Facebook?

Ya no, así que aquí está mi Levo
HG's emtb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles