Different design or better desing?!
Who is better ?! :)
F2BCECA3-C0DB-49DE-A344-9B683F1FEB6F.png
169993F0-43C4-4500-A324-07D93FCE0BC5.png

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
I have information from my store. They tell me that shortly they will give the technical specifications, that in October the photos and that they can only give me a piece of information, IT DOES NOT TAKE THE ENDURO FRAME. As soon as I know something else I tell you guys.

Hi! Heard the same form someone whom i cannot metion who claimed to have seen it...
SJ/Levo-looks, But new GEO-numbers like the new Enduro....

E-volution

Sep 10, 2019
South Africa
A little bird told me and he wasn't that free with his info embargo and all. Bikes will be stumpy evo style sizing s1 s2 s3. Bike will be low and slack, enduro geo. 700 ah battery . Tripple clamp fork. Offset shock ala levo/stumpy. My country will get aluminium bikes color black and sage green. Tires will be 2,6 hinted at 27,5. New Brose motor obviously. We will get bikes to buyers early October. Travel ? no idea

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
There is already a thread on the Rotwild and it can be discussed on there - it is for sure one of the most interesting bikes out there for 2020, but IMO any bike which has a cut out in the downtube for an internal battery, is a compromised design as the frame needs to be beefed up, and is not as stiff as bikes like the Levo, Whyte, Norco, and Focus Jam with Shimano motor where the battery is slid into the downtube.

This is why a lot of the newer bikes which have internal batteries weigh more than the predecessors with external batteries.

It is aesthetics over performance.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
If it's a 27.5 and not carbon then I'm over it. Triple clamp fork? I would be floored if that were true. The 180mm on the old Kenevo was overkill pig.
Well you can expect to be really over it in that case, although there are 3 models and only one has dual crown forks

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Copied? Unlikely as these bikes will have been in development for 2 years - The reality is that the market is flooded with long travel gravity focused EMTB's for next year, off the top of my head you have the Whyte 180RS, Moterra Neo SE, Commencal Meta Power SX and many others all of which have moved the game on significantly form the original Kenevo - I have no doubt the new Kenevo will be very good, but its going to have to be something really special to claim top dog status.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Does carbon make a difference - for me personally I would not want carbon on a bike that I am probably going to be riding on terrain that I am going to come off a lot on - I am not anti it, but I cannot see any tangible benefit on an EMTB, especially one like a Kenevo, and for me the geometry and suspension platform are far more important than the frame material

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
It’s interesting to see a purist attitude to Carbon-free bikes developing. See the release today of the limited edition YT Capra that’s all alu, Carbon free.

It was a small factor in buying my bike too.

Paolone

Jul 20, 2019
Italia
It’s interesting to see a purist attitude to Carbon-free bikes developing. See the release today of the limited edition YT Capra that’s all alu, Carbon free.

It was a small factor in buying my bike too.

they had done the same thing last year in the 27.5 version ... it had to be an economic model, despite the high-level equipment

comtn

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Colorado Springs
Only ALU, no Carbon models. I’m keeping my 2019 levo
My dealer confirmed all the stated specs mentioned today. I almost asked him to sketch a picture of it on paper lol

I went ahead and ordered a '19 expert at 20% discount. I've got a fox 36 to bolt on so the updated fork on the '20 didn't matter to me. Plus I love the black/green color combo. For the terrain I ride 29s are better or I would have waited to see what the kenevo looked like.

Botts101

Patreon
Jun 26, 2018
Carlsbad, California
I don't really understand the need for tripple clamps on an ebike - or in the UK really. Anywhere you need a DH bike has ski lifts

I agree. The 180mm was a lot on the Kenevo.

I have the Sworks Levo and you can actually flick the bike around and choose lines. It almost feels like a regular 29r. I spent a year plus on the Kenevo and it would need to make a massive jump to compete with the Levo with new motor ect. Don't get me wrong, I'm waiting around and hopeful....

Put on wider carbon wheels (I9 hubs) and run Eddie Current tires. Best tire and ZERO flats. Ran them on the Kenevo too. Added a 160 fork which made a huge difference.

On 30% we are doing 7k accent rides.

Props to the guy who made this. It WORKS perfect and simple to put on. The Levo without governor taken off is a joke..so silly. $12,000 bike with a governor...come on Specialized....

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 5.28.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 5.24.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 5.24.07 PM.png

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I can take or leave Carbon for the most part, but I was pretty disappointed with the new Kenevo overall. The dual crown fork is pointless when there are so many single crown 170-180mm forks available these days. I like the stiffness of dual crown but hate them on steep technical climbs with switchbacks and the battleship turning radius

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I guess it depends on your riding style and where you ride really.
Since putting dual crown 29 on my Kenevo and longer rear shock my bike has transformed. Up, down or sideways, it’s just perfect for me now. Yeah it’s a heavy pig but it is so stable and bullet proof now that I could never go back. I can still throw it around like any other bike but yes it does require a little more muscle. Not a problem for me though.
I really don’t know why people complain about the Kenevo. It’s a big travel enduro bike designed for taking big hits. It’s not an all mountain sight seeing bike, although I have done all that with ease.
The Levo is your all mountain variant.

What kind of trails do you guys ride to hate on the Kenevo??? I’m seriously confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles