Not open for further replies.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Nice ...

Lets hope they outsource the naming to an Italian company and they come up with something creative like the "Levo L'evo" .... following on from other such classical creative names like :

Ferrari La Ferrari
maserati quattroporte (maserati 4 door)
Let’s hope not.

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
If you check out this video of the Levo Development you will get a great preview of the new colors featrued on the Allow, namely the Red, Black (s works bike), Blue, and Sand Color. It's a though they had these colors in mind for 2020. One color they show is a Gold, wow, it's looks great. ? for the forum members. Which color would you choose, Blue, Black, Red, or Sand Color in the Allow Comp?

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
If you check out this video of the Levo Development you will get a great preview of the new colors featrued on the Allow, namely the Red, Black (s works bike), Blue, and Sand Color. It's a though they had these colors in mind for 2020. One color they show is a Gold, wow, it's looks great. ? for the forum members. Which color would you choose, Blue, Black, Red, or Sand Color in the Allow Comp?

red or black. there was a video on EMBN the other day when they were riding white frames, they looked good.

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
Im so glad i orderd the blue one, it looks like a real racing bike.

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
I'm stuck, I ordered the Black, and now I'm intrigued by the Blue. Agreed, it's a real nice looking Racing Blue. Wish they had stayed with the black chain stay on this model !

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
The Gold One is not offered. The video I sent just shows some of the possible colors in action including Blue and Red, and Blackout via the S-Works. The Gold is a fantasy wish. It looks super cool, just not available to my knowledge.

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
LevoShot.png

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
I've got a 2019 ladies comp that I am supposed to be pulling the trigger on, but I'm having a dilemma on whether I should actually wait for the 2020 comp (main reason being the 700 battery), or even go down to the basic 2019 model and only pay £3,400.

I haven't had a mountain bike for a long time so could someone please comment on the longevity of the spec on the base model please. Is it cheap and nasty?

Thanks in advance
Sorry, I have no experience to comment on the longevity of 2019 base model spec.

If you like the colour of 2019 ladies comp, go for it. Try asking for a free upgrade to 700wh battery. There will be no ladies specific models in 2020. Instead all 2020 Levo's in size S come with a ladies saddle.

The negatives on the 2019 base model is cheap forks and no dropper seat post. The 2020 base model fork (RockShox quietly releases budget ’35’ fork) is comparable to 2019 comp model fork. Good discussion on forks and battery starting here (on page 23 on this thread).

Melanie

Aug 19, 2019
UK
Sorry, I have no experience to comment on the longevity of 2019 base model spec.

If you like the colour of 2019 ladies comp, go for it. Try asking for a free upgrade to 700wh battery. There will be no ladies specific models in 2020. Instead all 2020 Levo's in size S come with a ladies saddle.

The negatives on the 2019 base model is cheap forks and no dropper seat post. The 2020 base model fork (RockShox quietly releases budget ’35’ fork) is comparable to 2019 comp model fork. Good discussion on forks and battery starting here (on page 23 on this thread).

Thank you for the info.

I have gone for the 2019 ladies comp. I didn't think of asking for the 700wh as a free upgrade. It would have been worth a try!!!!!

Anyway, I'm loving my bike :)

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
I'm stuck, I ordered the Black, and now I'm intrigued by the Blue. Agreed, it's a real nice looking Racing Blue. Wish they had stayed with the black chain stay on this model !
I totally agree, black chainstays would be awesome. Maybe someone who gets the black, changes with me.

shawry

Aug 13, 2019
Catterick Camp
Do emailed wheelbase today (there is a local-ish store) about the 2020 Levo Comp, they advise they've been told by Specialized, no frame or motor change, just colours, coming in October, so can offer me the 2019 large (too big for me anyway) for £4999 interest free (its cheaper in the long run that the discounted price) however, from reading this thread, it sounds like they've been lying by omission? As it sounds like component parts/battery potentially have been upgraded slightly going by this thread.

So, now need to find another shop to buy from ;)

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
I can't find the post now, but a guy posted that in 2018, his dealer told him not to wait for the 2019 as it had no changes. It ended up being a major re-design.

As for the 2020, the Comp went from a 500Wh battery to a 700. The base model added a dropper post and had a fork change from 32mm to 35mm. The 2019 was great but had some recalls, so I assume they focused on addressing everything they learned for the 2020.

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
The bikes ship here in the next few days and we should be seeing the bikes as soon as Sept. 7th. The Levo Comp will come here in the USA in Storm Grey and Black. Can't wait to see them and pick mine out!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles