Levo SL Gen 1 2020 S-Works Levo SL vs 2021 Expert Carbon Levo SL

teapeaage

Jun 6, 2021
polandia
If both are priced the same, which do you think is the better value for a 190 lbs, 6'1 biker who does more flowy trails and less gnarly terrain?

MLX John

Jun 20, 2020
albuquerque, nm
Same price? Definitely go with the '20 S-Works. Same motor, tcu, battery and frame but much higher end components (carbon wheels, carbon handlebar, factory suspension etc.)

teapeaage

Jun 6, 2021
polandia
Same price? Definitely go with the '20 S-Works. Same motor, tcu, battery and frame but much higher end components (carbon wheels, carbon handlebar, factory suspension etc.)
Do you think 34 FIT4 Factory fork and DPS shock offers better value for my use case than the 36 grip2 non-factory and a DPX shock?

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Do you think 34 FIT4 Factory fork and DPS shock offers better value for my use case than the 36 grip2 non-factory and a DPX shock?
I think the only difference between the DPS and the DPX2 is the piggy back which is just there to stop overheating which would take hours and hours anyway On the DPS.
you will also get the range extender battery included on the S-works.... which no one else has mentioned.

teapeaage

Jun 6, 2021
polandia
I think the only difference between the DPS and the DPX2 is the piggy back which is just there to stop overheating which would take hours and hours anyway On the DPS.
you will also get the range extender battery included on the S-works.... which no one else has mentioned.

that’s actually right.. what do you think about the 34 factory vs 36 perf elite on a 17kg bike with an 85kg rider? up until now I only rode 34s on a scott genius and never really felt like i’m missing anything.. but then, i have never ridden a 36 and this bike is 3-3.5kgs heavier than my analogue..

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
that’s actually right.. what do you think about the 34 factory vs 36 perf elite on a 17kg bike with an 85kg rider? up until now I only rode 34s on a scott genius and never really felt like i’m missing anything.. but then, i have never ridden a 36 and this bike is 3-3.5kgs heavier than my analogue..
The 34 fox 'performance' that came on my 2020 SL expert were not that great, but that is more to do with the inner workings. I am guessing the factory 34 with fit4 will be a much better feeling fork. I'm about same weight as you and.I swapped out for set of rockshox Lyrik Ultimate and they are awesome. much cheaper than factory 36 but they perform brilliantly and I recommend them over the fox 36. They also quite light.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles