2020 - Meta Power

Dpickin1

Oct 2, 2019
Israel
Heads up to anyone not in the EU, I had my order refunded as air freight was not an option to Israel (Battery shipping) unless I wanted to pay 2000 Euro extra.

The guys at Commencal were very nice and accommodating which was a pleasant surprise. Good news is that I have a local dealer that imports Specialized and I purchased a 2020 Kenevo expert which was significantly more expensive but such is life..... Moving myself to the Specialized forum. Hope you guys enjoy your Meta's, it was my first choice!

Trail-Niels

E*POWAH Master
Jul 15, 2019
Silkeborg, Denmark
Heads up to anyone not in the EU, I had my order refunded as air freight was not an option to Israel (Battery shipping) unless I wanted to pay 2000 Euro extra.

The guys at Commencal were very nice and accommodating which was a pleasant surprise. Good news is that I have a local dealer that imports Specialized and I purchased a 2020 Kenevo expert which was significantly more expensive but such is life..... Moving myself to the Specialized forum. Hope you guys enjoy your Meta's, it was my first choice!
A shame that it didn't work out with the shipping to Israel. Yeah the Commencal guys are awesome nice, and very helpfull. Hope that you'll have lots of fun with the Kenevo :cool:

blackwood

Oct 16, 2019
Oregon, USA
I just put the same spring on mine last night. I still need to lose about 20lbs though, lol. I've only had a chance to do a garage bounce but it feels much better than the stock spring. How much do you weight if you don't mind me asking. I'm at 260lbs.

woo-hoo! ordered, should be here by Monday or so.

Can't wait to ride this beast with a spring that is proper for my weight.

View attachment 20201

Mudgey

Feb 20, 2019
Exeter
Currently have a '19 Meta Power 27.5 and just literally ordered a '20 today! Dead excited, the '19 was my first e-bike and absolutely love it, and have since convinced myself that with more travel it would be even better! I ride only for the downhill and this seems to be the ultimate answer, and so I've decided to sell both the '19 Meta and the DH bike and just have the one, do-it-all, bike :)

We took an analogue bike and the '19 Meta Power to windhill and we were literally able to get twice as many runs in for the same amount of time that you could go up and down once with the non e-bike. Absolutely so much fun, so much so my GF is planning on getting a e-bike next year.

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
phew ?finally got mine ready to rock after getting it at 16:00 yesterday,invisi style frame protection applied though right pain as it was very cold here so not the best I’ve done,mudguard,tubeless,setup and fitted my previous bars and saddle,I’d thought I’d need a 450-500lbs spring according to tftuned calculator but the 400lbs stock sits me at 28% with two and half turns,took her for a quick blast just round the local woods and then used the E-TUBE app to drop boost to medium and eco to high,I was happy with trail though I’ll see tomorrow as I’m planning a quick blast round the chase before my 2-10 shift,this is my first emtb so it’s all a steep learning curve at the mo but I can see me having a blast with this beast?btw it felt like one of my crank arms was loose (only slightly) but after I checked everything over and all ok,is this slight movement the backlash in the Shimano motor?
26CE6F46-F3B9-4A21-86CA-1C31C736B28F.jpeg
9DC7318E-2E84-4C51-A03D-D3D8192A297B.jpeg
E1CAAFB0-4FD1-4CD0-8DC2-B25D4B10A7C2.jpeg

Last edited:

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Hah, I am literally exactly the same height and weight, ordered the Large and hoping it’s not too big![/QUOTE
you chose wisely ?it will Be spot on,I came from a large 2018 nukeproof mega and I’d say it feels about the same even with the shorter stem on the sx,the saddle height with the dropper up and fully inserted is probably about 10mm to low for me so there’s not much to play with but its a 175mm dropper,I’m not particularly long legged either ?

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
No worries buddy?i did the same on my previous bike after not finding anything fit for purpose off the shelf,BTW just noticed I have a maxgrip tyre at the back,I thought they were maxi terra front and back?i will have to watch that..I usually like my rear to loose grip first?

net wurker

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2019
Huntsville, AL USA
Yeah, it's really grippy, but around here, everywhere you ride it's rocks, rocks, rocks. After just a couple hundred miles, it's about worn out allready. I do like the tire, maybe I'll get one in 60 durometer to replace it if Maxxis makes it in that.

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Went round cannock chase today before my 2-10 shift,it was freezing but I’ve never had so much fun!for saying the weight it jumps transitions with a pop brilliantly,the only thing that caught me out a few times was the speed it generates downhill (overshot a few corners) and the steering lock on some of the tight switchback climbs but wow I ache in a different way!on my mega it used to take me nearly 2 hours to get round and good for nothing after,I did them both in just over an hour still knackered but buzzing,i actually had energy to enjoy the downhills,had a few peeps on analog’s asking what is was,I came back with just 2 bars gone though I mainly used trial for the climbs on medium and eco for the downhills and flats,turned it off when I got to cardiac hill for half of it as I had some heckling from some guys on ultralight Scott hardtail and vitus rapido I think as I passed them,strangely they didn’t want to chat while my motor was silent?so I put it in boost and said my farewell’s??

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Even though my sag with the 400lbs spring was around 28-30% I’ve found because the coil doesn’t ramp up like a air spring I’ve been bouncing off the bump stop quite a lot,I’ve just fitted the 450lbs one which gives me 25% and still feels plush,see what that’s like tomorrow?

Last edited:

Mudgey

Feb 20, 2019
Exeter
Damn, well jealous! Mine is apparently shipping this Monday and hopefully can get out on it next weekend :D

hmmm, is 400lbs stock for a Large? The website shows 450lbs so I ordered a 400 on the same day just in case it was too stiff like my last bike. doh!

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Damn, well jealous! Mine is apparently shipping this Monday and hopefully can get out on it next weekend :D

hmmm, is 400lbs stock for a Large? The website shows 450lbs so I ordered a 400 on the same day just in case it was too stiff like my last bike. doh!
I feel you pain buddy mine was 2 weeks late??My large came with 400lbs spring(as it said on the website when I ordered)I ordered a 450 as on tftuned calculator recommended.

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
35112F0C-971E-40CB-A7F0-6E5104B49A37.jpeg
86AEC3BE-2ADB-4A61-B28D-3DC181F03C81.jpeg
sloppy one today at the chase with lots of trees and debris in the trail from the storm,had a blast though I only had a few gears 20 mins in,they would change up but not down a cog until it did three in a row,I’m guessing I’ve got a sticky cable,I’m on 2-10 so time was getting tight so used a lot of boost which was entertaining,especially with the over run??

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Thought so that kink in the cable was around the pulley wheel , I must admit I can see how easily it is done as when fitting new cable the gx is very snaggy until it’s all through compared to my last bikes xo1 where you can remove the pulley wheel.
29294603-BF51-411B-9727-0B0B896EEB13.jpeg

Mudgey

Feb 20, 2019
Exeter
New bike day! Soooooo excited to get out on it... and it’s now forecast rain for the foreseeable future.... typical!
just need to swap the brake levers over and get the softer spring fitted as I’m getting less than 20% sag.
The 2020 Lyrik feels nice just riding it around at work, can literally feel no stiction at all, only downside is that it sits at 10% sag at rest despite resetting the pressure a few times. Does anybody else’s lyrik do this also?
How do you guys find the rear coil shock in comparison to say a DHX2, are they any good?

87A4FD31-346E-4778-BE5B-379896D771B7.jpeg

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
New bike day! Soooooo excited to get out on it... and it’s now forecast rain for the foreseeable future.... typical!
just need to swap the brake levers over and get the softer spring fitted as I’m getting less than 20% sag.
The 2020 Lyrik feels nice just riding it around at work, can literally feel no stiction at all, only downside is that it sits at 10% sag at rest despite resetting the pressure a few times. Does anybody else’s lyrik do this also?
How do you guys find the rear coil shock in comparison to say a DHX2, are they any good?

View attachment 22938
Very nice buddy??regards you’re lyriks did they come with almost no air in?did you pump them straight up?the reason I’m saying there’s a notch halfway done the air shaft outer to let air go to the negative side of the chamber,try letting some air out say to 40 psi and gently compress your fork up and down a few times through it stroke,then pump up till you get your correct sag?The coil is fantastic almost to plush though,I run through my travel even with 25% sag bigger spring I have,I’ve swapped back to the 400lbs and%30 sag as it’s not harsh feeling when it does bottom with that bump stop.

Mudgey

Feb 20, 2019
Exeter
Hey man! Cheers for the reply.
Yea, the forks were about 75psi when they arrived, I dropped the air equalised the chamber, then pumped it up to 100psi with a few more equalisations as I was adding air. It still sits at 10% but not as sagged as it was when I got it.
U got your forks dialled in, change any settings or add spacers etc?

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Hey man! Cheers for the reply.
Yea, the forks were about 75psi when they arrived, I dropped the air equalised the chamber, then pumped it up to 100psi with a few more equalisations as I was adding air. It still sits at 10% but not as sagged as it was when I got it.
U got your forks dialled in, change any settings or add spacers etc?
Hmm that’s strange?are you quite lightweigh?no nothing I thought I’d be fitting at least two air spacers to my lyriks but no these ultimate’s are perfect for me,25% sag and run hsc in the middle setting and lsc with 5 clicks,the rear Im running 6 clicks of rebound and no lsc.youll love it buddy and let us know with the lyriks?

renedis

Jul 17, 2019
The Hague
My Team 29” was shipped yesterday!

Can anybody tell me if the tyres come inflated on the rim? And if yes, are they with an inner tyre or tubeless?

I want to swap the soft compound Magic Mary’s for some better winter season tyres.

And do you guys have some usefull tips & tricks?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles