2020 - Meta Power

Schbeemb

Nov 26, 2018
London
Currently looking and waiting for the right ebike to make me sell my two normal bikes (Canyon Sender and Radon Swoop). It's got to be hard hitting (tick), it's got to be a great handler and have the right DNA (tick), it's got to be able to fly abroad so I can make those biking holidays to cool spots with my friends (no tick)..

Lapierre were brave with the eZesty. It's perhaps not turned out as many would have liked.

If this bike just had a cover to go over the battery compartment (when the battery has been taken out) I'd be ordering in an instant. It's damn near perfect (for me) and I'd put up with (perhaps benefit from given location of) the motor weight when on chairlift trips abroad... Commencal say, right now, it's a no...

:-(

net wurker

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2019
Huntsville, AL USA
It does. The battery compartment cover bolts into the bike.

You remove the cover, and then remove the battery. Then, if you want to, you can bolt the cover back on the bike with an empty battery compartment.

net wurker

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2019
Huntsville, AL USA
Pictures of pedal carnage.

IMG_0377.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

net wurker

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2019
Huntsville, AL USA
Sorry guys for misleading...the cover is removable, but it bolts to the bottom of the battery, not the downtube.

My mistake.

However, this works to my advantage, as I can easily remove the battery without futzing with the cover. I LIKE it like that. I was thinking I had to mess with those four tiny screws to get the battery off. I don't!

net wurker

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2019
Huntsville, AL USA
You know, I guess you could remove the cover form the battery, and then use velcro straps to hold it in place on the frame. That's exactley what I was gonna do when I thought you had to remove the cover first, then the battery.

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Sorry guys for misleading...the cover is removable, but it bolts to the bottom of the battery, not the downtube.

My mistake.

However, this works to my advantage, as I can easily remove the battery without futzing with the cover. I LIKE it like that. I was thinking I had to mess with those four tiny screws to get the battery off. I don't!
I liked you’re idea better though?

net wurker

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2019
Huntsville, AL USA
Yeah, if you bought a spare battery without another cover, you would be looking at messing with those tiny screws to swap out to your spare battery. I plan on buying a spare battery for all day rides, hope I can get a second cover to go with it.

Trail-Niels

E*POWAH Master
Jul 15, 2019
Silkeborg, Denmark
Those pedals are nice, but I ride in super rocky terrain, and after about fours rides, they are pretty much destroyed. I ordered some Chesters to replace them with. Shame, cuz they were really pretty!
What do you mean - destroyed?
Is the platform material too “soft” so they bend? I guess Pedals eventually get quite some hits, mine do for sure :LOL:

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
I do turn it down when around other people, but around here, you're mostly by yourself....very uncrowded trails.

Fair enough and each to their own. I can’t stand the kids who walk down my local street blasting music, let alone hearing it out while shredding some trails - I’m definitely getting old ?

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Oh, I just noticed you said "one in". I may try that, but that big ole speaker just sounds so good.
ha I hear ya, a mobile festival in the forest :LOL:. I've learnt to ride, ski and snowboard with just 1 earphone in and you still get immersed in sound while killing a run as well as being able to hear the all important avalanche, tree falling or car screeching behind you lol. Not that all sounds want to be heard!

net wurker

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2019
Huntsville, AL USA
Holy shit - that is not supposed to happen!
I think I'm getting more strikes than usual right now. My bike is a size medium, and I believe the stock spring is a 300 or 350 lbs spring. I weigh about 220 geared up to ride.

I have a 650 lbs spring reserved at World Wide Cyclery, just waiting for it to come back into stock. Once I get that, the ride will improve immensely, and it won't ride so low, so that should help out the pedal strike situation.

Trail-Niels

E*POWAH Master
Jul 15, 2019
Silkeborg, Denmark
I think I'm getting more strikes than usual right now. My bike is a size medium, and I believe the stock spring is a 300 or 350 lbs spring. I weigh about 220 geared up to ride.

I have a 650 lbs spring reserved at World Wide Cyclery, just waiting for it to come back into stock. Once I get that, the ride will improve immensely, and it won't ride so low, so that should help out the pedal strike situation.
What’s Your sag Percentage? It seems like the spring is way to soft.

Reactions: Bis

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Nice I’ve actually got a set of them in red on my Vitus nucleus,How you finding the bar height? Does not seem to be many spacers under that stem,is that stock?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles