Other 2020 Levo SL Expert or 2022 Kenevo SL comp?

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
What would you go for? I'll mostly be doing jumping on them
2020-turbo-levo-sl-expert-carbon_17123.jpg

243220-821025_1_Supersize (1).jpg

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I’ve owned both and both are great bikes.
Levo noticeably more playful. Kenevo noticeably more capable or more easily capable I should say.
If your jumping the Levo, I would be beefing up both shocks and probably brakes, where as the Kenevo already has that sorted.

In the end I would choose the bike based around the other types of riding you will be doing.

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia
I ride a Levo and an Enduro. If I wanted to get an SL, it would definitely be the Kenevo. It's the same bike as my Enduro, but with a motor.

Last edited:

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
I’ve owned both and both are great bikes.
Levo noticeably more playful. Kenevo noticeably more capable or more easily capable I should say.
If your jumping the Levo, I would be beefing up both shocks and probably brakes, where as the Kenevo already has that sorted.

In the end I would choose the bike based around the other types of riding you will be doing.
I love the lightness of the Levo, also think it looks better. I've got some FOX 36 at home that I can slap on there too ... At the minute I'm just going to my local MTB centre....scared in the future that I could end up going to a more traily environment so bit cautious of selling my full fat eBike but ATM I'm wanting to work on my tricks and style. Manuals, jumping, no footers ect.... The Levo SL capable DH too right? I'm thinking of going for that one... There's also the option of 2022 basic levo. Decisions decisions

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
It sounds like a Levo with some mods would suit you better. The Levo is a lighter, shorter, more whippy bike. Capable even DH with the right mods/rider.

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
That’s what I was addressing. I have the Levo SL. It is built for all mountian riding. I use my big bikes for big air. The Levo SLs BB has a lot of compliance in it from the carbon. It’s not a big air bike.
These are the biggest I'll be going to :
Sure it'll be fine for them right? Would you say the Kenevo more equipped for jumping cause I've heard the levo SL is. I want the lightness but it must be an eBike

s1600_vision_70881.jpg

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
After watching that video, why do you need eMTB? Or do you have to ride up to the bike park?
That'd be my final aim on this current journey. That's near my other home. I ride at farmer John's near me which is a MTB centre. I've only been 6 times but just started jumping again. Having an eBike lets me get 4x more practise in day so I'm progressing much quicker. They've just built some 35-40 foot jumps and my current eBike is too heavy for them (25kg) was after a lighter eBike so I still get all those other benefits.

I think I get an added discount on the 2020 SL Expert too (5%)

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
If you’re not able to jump like that video and you use the Levo SL as your learn to jump like that bike id really really really be shocked if it didn’t break in half!!!!
Unless you’re under 70kg and smooth as fuck it’s just not the bike for that shit man. The KSL would be better but for learning you need a bike you can case the fuck out of because that’s some unforgiving gaps. Also get ankle braces
So it's the KSL all day? I'm about 75 kilos an I am pretty smooth. I know what you mean about the casing though. After the hours of research they've all said the Levo SL is a better jumper ?

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
You's two are right the Kenevo will be better. I just love the look of that expert. The carbon wraps in the frame. The shape of the frame. But the Kenevo is more set up for what I want to be doing.

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
I’ve done lots of 30+ footers on the L SL. You’re 21kg lighter than me. You’re stuck on the L SL so run with it man. Make some vids now and then as you progress. Will be really cool to have for you and the forum. More travel and a longer bike is more stable and forgiving but yolo
Will do mate. I've gone back to the Kenevo SL now though ? I'm a Roger for buying the wrong bikes. I go with what looks nicer over what I need. The KSL is still a beautiful bike though but that 170 front end....FOX 36, 2022...just seems right. I'll let you know what I get ??

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I’m all about the jumps too man and would take the longer slacker more travel KSL anyday for jump park days over my L SL. When you pump wrong or lean back and are flying 40+ feet heavy nose down you’ll buy me many beers to have the longer KSL. Every CM counts when you’re in that shit sandwich.

Will do mate. I've gone back to the Kenevo SL now though ? I'm a Roger for buying the wrong bikes. I go with what looks nicer over what I need. The KSL is still a beautiful bike though but that 170 front end....FOX 36, 2022...just seems right. I'll let you know what I get ??

I have ridden my mulleted and modified (Ohlins 170 fork, TTX22m shock/Cascade link) Levo SL all over Whistler and hit some pretty big jumps with it but have to agree with Bambamoda that you can jump anything on the SL as long as you can clear it. Those jumps you posted in the video look pretty significant if you case them and your Levo SL will probably not last long. My Levo SL currently is developing a motor issue that is probably due to the pounding it takes from hot laps at the bike park. I think the Levo SL is more of a All Mountain bike which is plenty capable but I just ordered a Kenevo SL. Then again, I am 60 and prefer tech trails.

crembz

Sep 4, 2021
Australia
I have ridden my mulleted and modified (Ohlins 170 fork, TTX22m shock/Cascade link) Levo SL all over Whistler and hit some pretty big jumps with it but have to agree with Bambamoda that you can jump anything on the SL as long as you can clear it. Those jumps you posted in the video look pretty significant if you case them and your Levo SL will probably not last long. My Levo SL currently is developing a motor issue that is probably due to the pounding it takes from hot laps at the bike park. I think the Levo SL is more of a All Mountain bike which is plenty capable but I just ordered a Kenevo SL. Then again, I am 60 and prefer tech trails.

What do you think of the ohlins setup for all mountain type riding?

I've literally just ordered the ohlins shock/fork combo after about a week of going back and forth between ohlins-fox-RS.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Apparently there is a new SL coming out relatively soon, with similar geo to the GEN3 Levo/Stumpjumper Evo. Exact date unknown but it is coming.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
What do you think of the ohlins setup for all mountain type riding?

I've literally just ordered the ohlins shock/fork combo after about a week of going back and forth between ohlins-fox-RS.

My wife and I both have the Ohlins setup on our Levo SLs and are very happy with it. The TTX22m shock is a coil which, in my opinion, is both better for small bump compliance and is much cheaper to maintain than my usual Cane Creek DB Air and Fox 36/40 setups I have run on all of my previous bikes. I think the Cascade link is also quite important if you plan to hit big jumps. Especially if you case them...

Moshe

Feb 12, 2020
North Ridgeville, ohio,usa
I have been riding my 2022 Kenevo SL Comp for the past 2 weeks. A few months ago I test rode a Kenevo SL Expert and really like it. The Expert was too much money for my wife to agree upon. The Comp is specter well enough for me. The GX group is great and a bit less expensive to replace than the XO1. The Fox 38 forks are great on the Expert but the Fox 36 on the Comp is good enough for me.
I am loving the KSL so far. It has enough power for me. The light weight and low center of gravity make for the best handling emtb that I have ever ridden. I believe that this is the best emtb for me.
I recommend this bike to anyone who wants a great handling, light emtb, as long as you don’t need the power of a full powered emtb.

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
I have been riding my 2022 Kenevo SL Comp for the past 2 weeks. A few months ago I test rode a Kenevo SL Expert and really like it. The Expert was too much money for my wife to agree upon. The Comp is specter well enough for me. The GX group is great and a bit less expensive to replace than the XO1. The Fox 38 forks are great on the Expert but the Fox 36 on the Comp is good enough for me.
I am loving the KSL so far. It has enough power for me. The light weight and low center of gravity make for the best handling emtb that I have ever ridden. I believe that this is the best emtb for me.
I recommend this bike to anyone who wants a great handling, light emtb, as long as you don’t need the power of a full powered emtb.

Which color of Comp did you get? If the "black", can you take a (non-potato, ideally daylight) photo of it please? The photos of Specialized website are quite deceiving in what tone it actually is.

Geniusbiker

Jan 13, 2021
Germany
Apparently there is a new SL coming out relatively soon, with similar geo to the GEN3 Levo/Stumpjumper Evo. Exact date unknown but it is coming.

Clear also for me that this bike is coming. And for me the reason that I would never buy the current Levo SL. I´m hoping for 2022...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles