2020 Levo Expert Ordered yesterday

20 in 10

Aug 26, 2019
New Zealand
Greetings from New Zealand. I have just joined the forum. Thanks Rob for approving me.
I have ordered my first E bike, a 2020 Specialized Turbo Levo Expert in XL. Apparently the global release is the fourth of September and delivery should be within a few days of that.
I am 6 ft with long legs, according to the size chart XL fits 6 ft 1" and up but a ride on this years L and XL confirmed that XL fitted me better.
I can't wait and will post a pic once it arrives.

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
Be good to see some more Levo's going up Rapaki, and new tracks under the trees in the Adventure Park will give some new options for getting down again. Just need to get a 700wh battery for more range.

20 in 10

Aug 26, 2019
New Zealand
If anyone is still reading this when my bike arrives we should plan a Rapaki ride for those in Christchurch. My usual riding mates are threatening to disown me.
Yes some new tracks in the trees will be very welcome.
Tracks at Glendhu Bay will be opening soon. Fantastic views, check their website.

NathanNZ

Aug 26, 2019
New Zealand
Great to hear there are some Levos in Christchurch. I test rode a Kenevo and Levo from the great people at Cycleways. Went for the Levo at it just felt better. Rapaki is an easy blast up now. Did some riding around Godley Head, down the Anaconda and blasted straight back up the 4wd access track to the top. So much fun. Be good to get a group of us out for a ride and scope out the best tracks. I'm pretty sure we can't take them on the lift at the bike park, but who needs a lift when we can just blast up the hills. A Craigieburn mission will be on the cards soon too. Also the Haven Bike Park looks promising, haven't been yet..

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
I
If anyone is still reading this when my bike arrives we should plan a Rapaki ride for those in Christchurch. My usual riding mates are threatening to disown me.
Yes some new tracks in the trees will be very welcome.
Tracks at Glendhu Bay will be opening soon. Fantastic views, check their website.
I live five minutes from the bottom of Rapaki, so keen pretty much any time as I don't get much chat from regular riders going up there.

20 in 10

Aug 26, 2019
New Zealand
It is great to see at least a couple of others from Christchurch on here. You guys near Rapaki have your priorities sorted.
Yep the bike park will not let E bikes on the lift unless the battery is left behind but I heard they are reviewing it, I am unsure if a decision has been made.
The number of Levos going up Rapaki amazes me. Specialized appears to be dominant in the E mtb market here. I have heard of people waiting months to get one in 2019.
When my bike arrives I will post and see if a hill ride can be organised for those living local.

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
It is great to see at least a couple of others from Christchurch on here. You guys near Rapaki have your priorities sorted.
Yep the bike park will not let E bikes on the lift unless the battery is left behind but I heard they are reviewing it, I am unsure if a decision has been made.
The number of Levos going up Rapaki amazes me. Specialized appears to be dominant in the E mtb market here. I have heard of people waiting months to get one in 2019.
When my bike arrives I will post and see if a hill ride can be organised for those living local.
Sounds good. I'm actually surprised at how few ebikes I've seen on the hills in the last six months, maybe I'm riding at the wrong time! Hope the CAP team can work out a solution for using the chairlift, it would allow extra runs in a session, at the moment climbing from the carpark uses up about 35% of a 500wh

20 in 10

Aug 26, 2019
New Zealand
It sounds like my Turbo Levo Expert will arrive very soon. I am hanging out for it.
NathanNZ and Davarello, you both have E bikes by the sound of it and Nathan has ordered a new one. I am tempted to post a ride on the Specialized Ride app meeting at Rapaki as soon as I can. I am not sure how it works yet but thought it might be quite good. How much notice would you guys need to catch up on a Saturday or Sunday morning?

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
It sounds like my Turbo Levo Expert will arrive very soon. I am hanging out for it.
NathanNZ and Davarello, you both have E bikes by the sound of it and Nathan has ordered a new one. I am tempted to post a ride on the Specialized Ride app meeting at Rapaki as soon as I can. I am not sure how it works yet but thought it might be quite good. How much notice would you guys need to catch up on a Saturday or Sunday morning?
Just let me know the day before with a PM through this site, I check in a couple of times a day. Then I can make sure the bike's charged up.

NathanNZ

Aug 26, 2019
New Zealand
I now have my 2020 Levo Comp here in Christchurch. Absolutely loving it. Rapaki is such a breeze now. I'm keen to meet up for a joint Levo ride to explore and share our favourite tracks.

20 in 10

Aug 26, 2019
New Zealand
I now have my 2020 Levo Comp here in Christchurch. Absolutely loving it. Rapaki is such a breeze now. I'm keen to meet up for a joint Levo ride to explore and share our favourite tracks.
Hi Nathan, I am out of town this weekend and next most likely. I am keen to catch up after that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles