Levo Gen 2 2020 levo comp fork creak

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Check the headset. Change the plastic? spacers below the stem for alloy ones. May not solve it but will narrow it down.

Bpietro

Jul 9, 2020
Atlanta
Check the headset. Change the plastic? spacers below the stem for alloy ones. May not solve it but will narrow it down.
Thanks I’ll have to look at it, only 100 miles on it. Too early to start creaking in my opinion. Haven’t even gotten too aggressive with anything on it yet

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
If you bounce the bike on the back wheel and it makes a cracking noise, it's the CSU on the fork. It's a known problem with fox forks.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Thanks I’ll have to look at it, only 100 miles on it. Too early to start creaking in my opinion. Haven’t even gotten too aggressive with anything on it yet
Something about the bearings that means they compressed a little with riding (or something like that), then the "carbon" headset spacers can compress a wee bit (maybe). Mine needed tightening a bit on the safety check at the shop after one month.

Bpietro

Jul 9, 2020
Atlanta
Something about the bearings that means they compressed a little with riding (or something like that), then the "carbon" headset spacers can compress a wee bit (maybe). Mine needed tightening a bit on the safety check at the shop after one month.
Just got a chance to look at it. Exactly what happened. Tightened it up and good to go. Quietest bike I’ve ever owned again

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles