2020 AT tubeless set up ?

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
I've just had a new bike delivered today, 2020 At , I've got loads to do on the bike but plan on its maiden ride tomorrow. Before I do I wont to set it up tubeless, can any one confirm the rims are taped already for tubeless ?
My old 2020 race was apparently supplied with tubeless rims but when I investigated the front had no tape :rolleyes:
I have the valves ready but my tape hasn't arrived yet so before I strip the tires down in the morning can anyone confirm the rims are ready to go ?
If not ill just go out as is until the tape arrives .

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
That's a bugger, probably not worth pulling the tires then until my tape arrives. Cheers for the reply.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
I decided to go for it in the end, you are correct it looks like blue gorilla tape and not particularly wide but covers the spokes.

It held air fine without sealant with tube out, sealant in and pressures ok and stable after a ride, if I get problems I will rip it off and re do with my own tape but for future reference for anyone else wondering it does actually work although long term not tested (y)

Cabby.

Apr 17, 2020
Scotland
For the love of me I can't get the rear on my 2021 AT tubeless no matter what type of tape I use, the front was easy peasy to.

davidjmilli

Nov 20, 2020
Dudley
I found exactly the same on the Newman rims on the SLT. Shop did say they were Tubeless ready. Not going all to the edge of the rim under the beads I decided to rip it off and start again. It was really well stuck down but didn’t want to run the risk of sealant seeping under and being stuck with a slow leak taking an age to identify. Complete PITA though as it left some residue and took about 3 hours to clean completely. Building 2nd wheel set was less time consuming lol.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles