2020 140 AT just purchased as an upgrade?

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Ok so after some man maths I decided to upgrade my 140 race 2020 to something a bit higher spec with regards to suspension and general components, the 140 TM looked ideal but after a week of googling the 2021 bike in my size nothing is available this side of spring.

So I stumbled across a 140 AT 2020 model at a bargain price of 4950 delivered. Its more bike than I need and I really do not need a 160 so 140 is ideal .

The sceptical side of me thinks I've just blown a load of money that I didn't need to :unsure: so just curios to no if I will actually be able to feel the difference between budget components on my race compared to the AT ?

To justify my purchase I have drank many cans of piss water ( larger ) and regardless of my initial thoughts whenever it gets delivered I will no doubt think its the best thing I've purchased since my last bike
. I can confess to having just completed 1900 miles in 11 months on my old bike so I should be able to give it a proper review in comparison to my old bike which i will keep riding until the new bike arrives.

Hears the big difference though, my old bike is a small 16inch frame which became apparent after several hundred miles and slowly adjusting everything to the max it was to small .

So new bike higher spec and a bigger frame size :) roll on the next 2 years because this is definitely a 2 year upgrade and not a one.

Interested to see how happy 140 AT owners are and if anyone has upgraded to one from a race or decided that's the bike they needed from day one.

Worthy

Aug 25, 2020
Caerphilly
Hi I bought mine for roughly the same price from freeborn about 6 months ago. It is my first ebike. I had to do a bit of tweaking to set it up perfectly but have enjoyed riding it every time Iv used it. It’s rattle free never misses a beat, silent clunk free gear changes as long as not applying power. Awesome brakes etc. I think you will notice the difference as I used a friends bike with lesser spec and couldn’t wait to get off it.

Reactions: mak

Cabby.

Apr 17, 2020
Scotland
I have a 2021 AT 140, for me it's too much bike for what I do, but it was available in my size when nothing else was so bought it, no regrets.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles