Stereo Hybrid 140 Race 2021 Fork Upgrade

SCH

Feb 16, 2021
California
Hello All !

I'm looking to upgrade my Rock Shox Silver 140 mm fork to possibly a Rock Shox 35 Gold 150 RL. The extra travel and adjustability would be nice to have.

My question is this:
My current fork has a 51mm offset, however every fork I find has a 44mm offset, would the 44 mm offset be compatible or would it change the handling for the worse ?

Also any input on a shock upgrade would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance for any input !!!

Geeman

Nov 23, 2020
Uk
Hello All !

I'm looking to upgrade my Rock Shox Silver 140 mm fork to possibly a Rock Shox 35 Gold 150 RL. The extra travel and adjustability would be nice to have.

My question is this:
My current fork has a 51mm offset, however every fork I find has a 44mm offset, would the 44 mm offset be compatible or would it change the handling for the worse ?

Also any input on a shock upgrade would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance for any input !!!
The Rock shox gold 150RL is not a very good fork, its a basic cheapish fork. If your going to upgrade, pay the money and get something proper.
44mm offset will not upset the steering much at all, you wont even notice it. I have a 140 cube and run the gold for 2 local rides, its just okay. I upgraded to a Marzocchi Z1 air 150mm 44 offset. Sold the Gold for £350 bought the Z1 for £500 from start fitness. It rides epic now, and super stiff at the front.

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
It’s weird how the 2021 one had a cheap rock shox on it. I’ve got the 2020 model and it has a fox rhythm 34. It’s lovely

monelli

Oct 27, 2021
Italy
I join the discussion, same bike.
I was thinking of mounting a ZEB ULTIMATE 160.
Do you think I distort the geometries too much? Problems?
I love going for bad climbs.
Thanks and sorry for my english.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles