2019 Turbo Levo Expert Upgrades -

AdrianWindo

Apr 14, 2019
UK
Hi All

I've been running my Levo for a coupe of months and am considering the following upgrades. Has anyone else made these changes; what choices did you consider / what improvements did you achieve

Front Fork (Pike) . Upgrade the damper to charger 2.1; from what i've read this gives a useful improvement dealing with small bumps (changing to a Lyrik would be ideal but its a significantly higher cost)

Rear Shock. As i'm 100kg and outside the ideal operating range for my air shock (RockShox Deluxe RT3 ) im looking at getting an Ohlins coil (TTX22 M). Any one else done this - what was the change in ride like

Any thoughts on the priority of the options above?

Finally get a new wheelset - probably the DT Swiss HX1501 30mm; does anyone else have these, how did you find them

Many thanks in advance for any thoughts / advice

Adrian

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I've considered getting the RCt3 damper for my rc2 pike, I've seen it for about £145.
But I had the RCT3 on my last bike and can't say I noticed that much difference.
The high speed damping circuit only works in the fully open position, and as I remember, I had it dialled nearly all the way off any way.
Are you having problems with your fork as it is?
I personally have no issues with mine, but some of my friends say it doesn't offer enough support for them.
I weigh 78kg, while my friends are considerably heavier.

AdrianWindo

Apr 14, 2019
UK
Hi; i am looking for a plusher ride, lots of stones where i ride so being able to deal small bumps is important....Im also at the heavy end at 105kg

The Charger 2.1 upgrade for the 2019 Pike is £330 from TFTuned plus a service to fit it at £105 so not insignificant

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Hi; i am looking for a plusher ride, lots of stones where i ride so being able to deal small bumps is important....Im also at the heavy end at 105kg

The Charger 2.1 upgrade for the 2019 Pike is £330 from TFTuned plus a service to fit it at £105 so not insignificant
As a matter of fact you could buy a new Lyrik Ultimate that comes with the Charger 2.1 for £720 and then sell your old fork insted - I'm sure it would be a better deal.

Karsten

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Mate just bought a brand new lyrik from pinkbike for £470, I wouldn't pay £400 to upgrade the pike, it's not worth it

AdrianWindo

Apr 14, 2019
UK
Thats interesting to hear - from what i understood i thought it might have better small bump sensitivity

Matt71

Mar 7, 2019
Lincolnshire
i have the same bike. i stuck saint brakes on it straight away as there is nothing better on the steep stuff.
looking to put a smash pot coil in my pike as i have ridden a bike with it in and it felt amazing.
would like to bung a coil in the rear too, but that will have to wait

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
From the beginning I changed pikes to lyrics , brakes I put my code rsc on ( best on the market by far) I ride lakes, inners , golfie so very steep and no problems. Wheels - Santa Cruz reserve on industry 9 hubs, changed tyres to black diamond and hillbilly upfront . Seat is awful and grips got binned. Im similar weight and looking to get a coil when I’ve sold parts and old bike . :)
87A46EBA-F679-40FD-A6C6-0A247FDB7002.jpeg

Albuht

Jun 14, 2019
CA
Get the Lyrik or fox 36. Get the ohlins or a good rear shock. You’re a heavy guy and suspension is most important. Brakes next, wheels are the last thing.

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
its probably cheaper to buy a used lyrik and sell the pike than to do the charger upgrade. on another bike, i sold a 5 year old Fox 34 topped up just 150usd to get a barely used 2018 lyrik

get the TTX...it totally transform the levo. but with caveats...my experience below

I have a levo 18 Sworks...hated the rear shock, bottoming out everywhere, bucking me off terrain etc....changed to a TTX and it was awesome, not only did it soak up hits and terrain well, it actually made climing alot eaiser, the coil squats abit, and transfers the levo power onto terrain much better during technical uphill climbs

Moving forward, i got a levo 19 expert...and from day 1, i had no issues with the oem shock...i think the 150mm makes a big diffrence, it soaks up everything fine and i dont feel any real desire to upgrade to a ttx atm

I would rather junk the command post and get a new reverb Stealth or AXS once stock arrives in my country

jm2e

Jun 2, 2019
ekn8tios
Upgrades we’ve done in rough order of positive impact:
- Saint Brakes. Powerful enough that I’m simply not thinking about my brakes.
- CushCore. It took me getting an Ebike to commit to the weight penalty, but now that I’ve used them I’m 100% sold on them. The most obvious difference is felt on fast rocky chattery trails. I’m going faster, in more control than ever before. The damping effect is palpable. And the CushCore supports the sidewall really well, so tired don’t get squirmy when the bike is posted around. I doubt other inserts would do this. CushCore gives performance gains where others only give flat protection.
- Better wheels. Those OEM wheels are trash. Straight gauge spokes and low end hubs make for a really bad ride.
- Fox 36. Push ACS Coil. Do It.
- Ohlin’s TTX Coil. It really is game changing.
- Minions. Seriously better than Butchers in every way except straight line rear wheel braking traction.

biclas

Aug 9, 2019
Caneças, Portugal
Hi all,
I have a expert carbon and i´m considering to upgrade the rear shock for a 2021 Fox Float DPX2 Factory.
Do you guys have an opinion on this shock? Is it worth it?

Thanks
Biclas

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles