2019 Specialized Turbo Levo News & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigborett

Jul 17, 2018
Australia
I know. Ist the right philosophy. But i think Lapierre often have problems with design. Just look at the screw in the frame above the chainring which fixes the motor. Thats a good example. It looks so cheap, thats just ridiculous. And some other issues there and that....

j.

Yeah have to agree, don't know how I could live with that. What a screaming heap of S#$%.
Except I am guessing that that is actually a lug to support a chain guide. Could be wrong, but?

There may be a hint of sarcasm in this answer. I am Australian after all.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Topov

So what are we thinking???

36334527_10213762376747657_8803981760439255040_n.jpg

Danijel

Aug 13, 2018
Netherlands
Hey Guys,

My name is Danijel and i am new on these forums. I thought i share with you what the 2019 Turbo Levo HT will be. You just have to turn your translation on.

Specialized Turbo Levo HT Comp 29 2019, battleship/mojave - E-Bike

It seems that it will be a basic Turbo Levo HT with upgraded electronics. Entry level components compared to the 2018 comp edition.

Nevertheless i have ordered one and will be getting it this friday or saturday. Pretty exiting!

Greetings from Amsterdam!

Danijel

Sbozzy

Jul 29, 2018
Derby, UK
Yeah we have the new 2019 kenevo and HT in stores in the UK it’s the New Levo FSR were waiting for. Hopefully something announced next month.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Hey Guys,

My name is Danijel and i am new on these forums. I thought i share with you what the 2019 Turbo Levo HT will be. You just have to turn your translation on.

Specialized Turbo Levo HT Comp 29 2019, battleship/mojave - E-Bike

It seems that it will be a basic Turbo Levo HT with upgraded electronics. Entry level components compared to the 2018 comp edition.

Nevertheless i have ordered one and will be getting it this friday or saturday. Pretty exiting!

Greetings from Amsterdam!

Danijel
This has all been known for months

Danijel

Aug 13, 2018
Netherlands
Ah oke. I was not aware of this because it was almost impossible to find any information about a new Turbo Levo HT with 1.3 motor. Only a basic model that starts at 3099.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Ah oke. I was not aware of this because it was almost impossible to find any information about a new Turbo Levo HT with 1.3 motor. Only a basic model that starts at 3099.
It’s all good, I did post some technical specifications on the 2019 Levo FSR earlier in this thread. And a photo I had to do things I am not too proud of to aquire

Danijel

Aug 13, 2018
Netherlands
I am also very interested in your opinion regarding the Levo Comp HT 2019 that i ordered. I made a deal with my local LBS for 3600 with a command post dropper.

The electronics are pretty solid with a 500wh our battery and 1.3 motor but the drivetrain, wheels and brakes are pretty low end.

The 2018 comp has better components but comes with the 1.2 motor and is 400 euros more and pretty hard to find.

Why would specialized go for this strategy? Purely to sell it at an lower price point? I have the feeling that al the components of the 2018 comp together are worth a lot more than 500 euro's.

I am pretty new to al this so please correct me if i am missing something.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I am also very interested in your opinion regarding the Levo Comp HT 2019 that i ordered. I made a deal with my local LBS for 3600 with a command post dropper.

The electronics are pretty solid with a 500wh our battery and 1.3 motor but the drivetrain, wheels and brakes are pretty low end.

The 2018 comp has better components but comes with the 1.2 motor and is 400 euros more and pretty hard to find.

Why would specialized go for this strategy? Purely to sell it at an lower price point? I have the feeling that al the components of the 2018 comp together are worth a lot more than 500 euro's.

I am pretty new to al this so please correct me if i am missing something.
Hardtails haven’t sold that well for Specialized and they are trying to get their price points lower. I brought in hardtails the first year of Levo and I still have two of them left in inventory.
Haibike dominates our Emtb sales under $4500. But even they are not going to be bringing hardtails in to the US market for 2019. The 1.2 Motor vs the 1.3 in my experience hasn’t been that much of a performance as some would have you believe, but I usually ride in ECO 90% of the time. The 460wh vs 504wh is an issue if you are a heavy rider like myself. My wife can ride almost twice the distance as me on her 460wh battery than I can on my 504wh

Danijel

Aug 13, 2018
Netherlands
Hardtails haven’t sold that well for Specialized and they are trying to get their price points lower. I brought in hardtails the first year of Levo and I still have two of them left in inventory.
Haibike dominates our Emtb sales under $4500. But even they are not going to be bringing hardtails in to the US market for 2019. The 1.2 Motor vs the 1.3 in my experience hasn’t been that much of a performance as some would have you believe, but I usually ride in ECO 90% of the time. The 460wh vs 504wh is an issue if you are a heavy rider like myself. My wife can ride almost twice the distance as me on her 460wh battery than I can on my 504wh

Cool. Thanks for your feedback! I can imagine hardtails not being very popular. I like them because of the simplicity and the way they look. But that is of course very personal.

I wanted to have the latest electronics because those are not easily upgraded. Upgrading my bike will be part of the fun. Installing new parts and feeling what the improvement might be. Pretty cool.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Cool. Thanks for your feedback! I can imagine hardtails not being very popular. I like them because of the simplicity and the way they look. But that is of course very personal.

I wanted to have the latest electronics because those are not easily upgraded. Upgrading my bike will be part of the fun. Installing new parts and feeling what the improvement might be. Pretty cool.
Upgrading is half of the fun. If you ever need advice, don’t hesitate to ask.

Adasb

Subscriber
Jun 6, 2018
New Zealand
The 2019 Turbo Levo comp/carbon/expert fatties I’m waiting for. There’s an embargo until after euro19
Spoke to LBS the other day they said it will be announced then. Prob not much changed

Please excuse my ignorance, but when / what is euro19?

A

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles