2019 Specialized Turbo Levo News & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lxmaso

Sep 2, 2018
Venice
Talking here with a friend, he did bring to my attention something I never tought about: did really Specy invested a lots on the carbon 2018 mold to dismiss it just after one year?? It sounds strange: ok Specy sells so good that can amortize the mould probably in one week.... but maybe it will be not like this. Maybe (maybe) they will use the 2018 carbon frame for a new 2019 Levo line.
It could be that they work on innovation with the new 2019 mould and on price competition with the 2018 carbon frame. It would make sense...

michaeldorian

Jul 25, 2018
California
Talking here with a friend, he did bring to my attention something I never tought about: did really Specy invested a lots on the carbon 2018 mold to dismiss it just after one year?? It sounds strange: ok Specy sells so good that can amortize the mould probably in one week.... but maybe it will be not like this. Maybe (maybe) they will use the 2018 carbon frame for a new 2019 Levo line.
It could be that they work on innovation with the new 2019 mould and on price competition with the 2018 carbon frame. It would make sense...

My guess is they keep the older bike around for a bit and drop the price. Like they did with the older stumpy. It was still on the site.

Bimba

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Birmingham
Not sure if this has been posted the new Fatbike Levo ?
7AE30F27-371D-4A4E-9872-1C590BC98A3D.jpeg

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
My guess is they keep the older bike around for a bit and drop the price. Like they did with the older stumpy. It was still on the site.
it was on the site but out of stock for three months until the new Stumpy was available. Right now Specialized has all of the Carbon Levo models in stock in full size runs

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
it was on the site but out of stock for three months until the new Stumpy was available. Right now Specialized has all of the Carbon Levo models in stock in full size runs
Al, what does that mean exactly? Does that mean that Specialized has lots of Carbon Levo 2018 models but that the higher S-Works and Expert will get the 2019 update?

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock
Hopefully not too much change. I like being more over the front wheel for some reason so hopefully they don't turn it into some cross country rig with the seat way above the bars and miles of reach.

I guess is that the geo will be something like the new Stumpjumper, which means about +20mm reach and a few millimeters higher stack.

It's only a good thing. More room to maneuvre the bike. With longer reach, the seat tube angle is also usually steepened (2018 levo 73.9° vs new Stumpjumper 75°, size M) and stem shortened. This means the pedalling position will be about the same, so no hunching over the bike.

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
A few months ago my local Spesh contact said there would be no changes to the Levo geo for 2019. They just made the carbon Levo with identical geo and it wouldn't be changed before my2020, perhaps even later. Will be interesting to see though, with all this fuzz going on it could actually be some major changes.

Last edited:

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
if they only update or bring in new the higher models it will probably out price me and I also need to be realistic about this, my current levo is much more of a bike than I will ever need, my skill level does not warrant anything better and at my age I learn very slowly lol!

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I really hope Specialized do not over price the new model. We already pay a premium so my way of thinking is the new model price should reflect this.

Also, as @R120 stated above, how do we know it is actually going to be called a Levo?

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I have been contacted by Specialized requesting removal of pictures, which out of respect for the teams involved, I’ve removed them so this bike can get the full launch that it deserves ?.

Thanks for understanding
Rob.
Hey @Rob Hancill,
When Specialized asked you to take the pictures down.... Did they say when you could repost them?

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
well unless its coincidence its very much looking like theres going to be a new/updated levo.
well done Spesh for building the tension!!! lol

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
if they only update or bring in new the higher models it will probably out price me and I also need to be realistic about this, my current levo is much more of a bike than I will ever need, my skill level does not warrant anything better and at my age I learn very slowly lol!

There’s need and there’s want...

If we’re being completely honest I suspect that there are very few members of the forum who actually need an eBike, but we all want one. It’s human nature to want better, so bigger battery, more power, less weight will always be high on the want list.
I’m very interested in the Fazua Lappierre, but I suspect my weight will preclude me from that ever being an option, so it’s bigger battery for me, so I can Turbo more to offset the weight penalty. Soon, I’d want a bigger battery so I can Turbo more. Etc.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I just called my local Specialized bike shop. Well its the closest bike shop to me that sells Specialized.... 40 minute drive away :eek:. to book the bike in for a battery and motor update.

Their mechanic said something very interesting. I really do not know if this is true but he said that they were going to stop carrying out updates in the very near future as you will soon be able to carry out the updates yourself via an updated Mission Control App.

How true this is I do not know...... If it is true, then I and more than likely most of you will be very happy bunnys (y)

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
There’s need and there’s want...

If we’re being completely honest I suspect that there are very few members of the forum who actually need an eBike, but we all want one. It’s human nature to want better, so bigger battery, more power, less weight will always be high on the want list.
I’m very interested in the Fazua Lappierre, but I suspect my weight will preclude me from that ever being an option, so it’s bigger battery for me, so I can Turbo more to offset the weight penalty. Soon, I’d want a bigger battery so I can Turbo more. Etc.
yeah thats the problem mate there's always the WANT! WANT!

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I just called my local Specialized bike shop. Well its the closest bike shop to me that sells Specialized.... 40 minute drive away :eek:. to book the bike in for a battery and motor update.

Their mechanic said something very interesting. I really do not know if this is true but he said that they were going to stop carrying out updates in the very near future as you will soon be able to carry out the updates yourself via an updated Mission Control App.

How true this is I do not know...... If it is true, then I and more than likely most of you will be very happy bunnys (y)
Funny you should say that
Looking at the Spesh site and they got the cable for sale to do the updates.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
ah ok I have seen the diagnostics tool I thought you meant something else
anyway to be any good the updates need to be done over bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles