2019 Specialized Turbo Levo. All the details confirmed S-Works PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatano

Sep 8, 2018
Italy
Hi Paolo, yesterday afternoon, I was talking with a Specialized dealer ( a very pretty girl...) and she said never is changed

Can you "translate" in something I can understand (I'm Italian)?
For "never is changed" do you mean nothing (is) changed or a typo and newer(bike BT) is changed? because it can be a deal breaker if I can't use anymore bluetooth as expected on previous Levos.
tnx.

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
To be honest I expected all the negativity and disappointment towards the new Levo , me personally I think the 2018 Levo has set such a high standard any bike following this would have to be 7kg lighter have a range of 50 mile plus and have a totally new design to meet people’s expectations.
I will be keeping my beloved 2018 Levo for at least another year , unless a Kenevo comes up for the right money ??
Peace out ✌? keep ridin and smiling fellow E-bikers all over the ?

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
Why didn't they just keep the 2018 and just update battery and motor? Did they really look at the pictures side by side and see the obvious? Maybe like BMW famously did and tanked their 7 series sales 10yrs ago; they just assumed it will grow on people. Looks can be everything in a product. Look at Apple, Ferrari, Porsche or any famous brand you know. Looks often trump functionality especially for something in the teary eye price category.

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
I would really like to "meet" a person how pick this color in the meeting and other to confirm that monstrosity of the cooler design..:sick:(n):poop:

7929DA23-5137-482F-AEEA-409387225D51.jpeg

Hope this is Comp color, so the sales goes threw the roof...:ROFLMAO:

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
Maybe a mid cycle update to fix the fugly bits would be in order. I doubt they do it though unless sales take a serious hit. On the brighter side competition get a chance to take advantage of the small misstep and catch up. To be fair though all the alternatives don't come close to looking as good as Specialized bikes so maybe it won't matter too much and the next update will have more pent up demand from those who skip a generation.

I want to hear about the much heralded mind blowing feature though. The one that sets them in a league all their own. One we can't see. Maybe then people can unsee the fugly and persuaded to upgrade. :giggle:

Stuckmojo

May 21, 2018
Newcastle, UK
I'm not keen on the looks but that's entirely a personal opinion. On the plus side, the seat post seem to be going very low which is a good thing. Now that I've seen it I'm thinking the next one will be a Fantic 180 (big battery etc) or Rocky Mountain. Giant look good too as I like the Yamaha motor.

Carbon version looks way better than the metal one. Those welds aren't very nice.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
On the plus side, the seat post seem to be going very low
This is a big one for me, the XL has quite a very high seat tube. The new one looks much, much lower.

I'm sure there's more stuff to be revealed, like range, motor tech and all that good stuff. Hopefully folks wont get too put off by dodgy leaked low res pics :cool:

Also, I'm really interested in the most important thing, how it actually rides!!

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
28D88795-F843-4A14-B9B6-53FEBAEA42F6.jpeg

But in all seriousness, you haven’t seen a proper picture yet.
If the previous Levo followed the previous Stumpjumper frame, wouldn’t it be obvious to most people that the new Levo would follow the new asymmetrical Stumpjumper?
If you had ridden the new asymmetrical Stumpjumper, you would realize the improvements in the geometry and handling over the old one.
I personally love the new smaller downtube. The bike doesn’t look like a bloated Emtb.
I couldn’t give a fuck about the display, I never wanted one and I am relieved that it is an option.
If you don’t like 29” wheels, switch them out for 27.5”s. We will be doing this at our shop for free for any customer that prefers big heavy meatball tires that eat up efficiency and battery life.
The colors, colours, you have seen are the worst examples in my opinion. The other Expert color is definitely more mainstream and the blue Comp Carbon was definitely my favorite. Yeah I wasn’t feeling some of these colorways either.
But the new technology, the lower weight, the stiffer and better handling frame, the bigger battery for fat guys that only ride in turbo, might explain why even with our trail access issues in Southern California, all of my first order of the new Levo is SOLD OUT
I just wish I didn’t have to wait until January to get one.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There's no denying the Levo was a looker when it was first released but most manufacturers have caught, or even passed, Spesh in that respect now. Focus, Cube, Trek, Fantic, Bulls all have fully integrated battery bikes now and some of them are even painted in nice colours.

The thing Spesh do best is smart integration. Is that enough now?

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
I'm not keen on the looks but that's entirely a personal opinion. On the plus side, the seat post seem to be going very low which is a good thing. Now that I've seen it I'm thinking the next one will be a Fantic 180 (big battery etc) or Rocky Mountain. Giant look good too as I like the Yamaha motor.

Carbon version looks way better than the metal one. Those welds aren't very nice.

New Giant E Trance looks pretty good. Get a much better component spec.

Sophie777

Jul 3, 2018
Canada
View attachment 5100

If you don’t like 29” wheels, switch them out for 27.5”s. We will be doing this at our shop for free for any customer that prefers big heavy meatball tires that eat up efficiency and battery life.
Do you think most shops would be willing to do that; ie swap 29” wheels out for 27.5”s?
And would you know the largest tire size that would fit on 27.5" wheels for the 2019 Levo (alloy version)?

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
More money than sense springs to mind. If I rode this round my neck of the woods I would probably have to wear noise cancelling headphones to block out the laughter. Seriously, what was they thinking, my grandads mobility scooter looks way more cooler. It does have one plus though, at least you wouldn"t have to worry about the thing getting stolen.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Human nature is a funny thing. People love to hate on something that others have hyped up, so they can justify their own opinions, beliefs and choices in their own heads.
Some people were relieved when they didn’t like the looks of the bike.
And then it’s the mob mentality, with others hating on it, it can sway you one way or the other if you were on the fence before. It’s fun to hate on it when everyone else does.
No one was asking anyone to spend $12000 for an S-Works. None of you have even seen it.
My choice is probably going to be the carbon Comp and just getting the bigger battery separately. I am not going to use the wheels, drivetrain, fork, shock, seatpost or cockpit components anyway. I have all of that stuff already.
If you don’t like the color, do what I’ve done in the past, paint it.
Most people are going to void their warranties by derestricting it anyway.
Most shops like mine have already sold out the new Levo. A shop owner I talked to has prebooked 200 of them.
I am losing my mind having to wait longer for mine

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I love the command post and bmx seat angle when low. Lower air if it comes up to quick.
That’s the WU version and it had too high of a stack height and too short of travel. It also weighs about the same as the anchor of a WWII aircraft carrier. Glad you like yours, wish my customers did, so I wouldn’t have 13 take offs on my shelf that no one wants to buy

Reactions: Dax

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Good point AL Back to what kiwi said in an early post it would be a good option for Specialized to give people the choice to just purchase the frame ,motor and wiring loom them people can’t creat there own vision of the Levo

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
More money than sense springs to mind. If I rode this round my neck of the woods I would probably have to wear noise cancelling headphones to block out the laughter. Seriously, what was they thinking, my grandads mobility scooter looks way more cooler. It does have one plus though, at least you wouldn"t have to worry about the thing getting stolen.
You won’t hear the laughter of a Levo rider, they’ll be so far ahead, you won’t see them either

Levorunner

Jun 16, 2018
Canada
Human nature is a funny thing. People love to hate on something that others have hyped up, so they can justify their own opinions, beliefs and choices in their own heads.
Some people were relieved when they didn’t like the looks of the bike.
And then it’s the mob mentality, with others hating on it, it can sway you one way or the other if you were on the fence before. It’s fun to hate on it when everyone else does.
No one was asking anyone to spend $12000 for an S-Works. None of you have even seen it.
My choice is probably going to be the carbon Comp and just getting the bigger battery separately. I am not going to use the wheels, drivetrain, fork, shock, seatpost or cockpit components anyway. I have all of that stuff already.
If you don’t like the color, do what I’ve done in the past, paint it.
Most people are going to void their warranties by derestricting it anyway.
Most shops like mine have already sold out the new Levo. A shop owner I talked to has prebooked 200 of them.
I am losing my mind having to wait longer for mine
Must be nice to have a unlimited bank account! I guess I will have to get into the retail bike business!

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Good point AL Back to what kiwi said in an early post it would be a good option for Specialized to give people the choice to just purchase the frame ,motor and wiring loom them people can’t creat there own vision of the Levo
They did it’s called a comp

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Have you seen the other Expert already? If yes, what color ist it?
First we all had to check in our phones and sign a NDA. I saw all of these bikes in a room where they explained this new version.
I am not going to give any new information, but I can comment on what has already been leaked.

Reactions: Dax

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
I think like everything until you physically see the bike. pictures can be misleading.
The first beige colour not my liking but trek have similar colour also .
The other two colours do the spesh more justice but everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Let's hope more pics surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles