Levo Gen 2 2019 Levo. Second hand value

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Just considering some options ..
2019 Levo Comp. Standard spec albeit with shorter cranks
£5000 when new
1500 miles in 3 years so not hammered and I am 65 so can’t hammer !!
(Knee surgery stopped me riding for months )
What can one expect to sell the bike for second hand.
If I decide to change I will also go to my LBS and check on PX value.
Just trying to gauge what the market is like for used bikes

Thanks

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
One suggestion is to look at eBay completed listings. That will give you the selling price for items that sold, and I think (if memory serves) the highest bid for items that didn't. You may need an account to see that. If you're in the US, craigslist will probably have some listings that might help with the asking price.

Edit to say the LBS where I bought my Levo told me my acoustic bike was worth $1500US. I sold it on craigslist for twice that amount.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
You are on the backside of a strong used bike market that occurred during Covid. Put it up locally for what you think you want for it and let it ride.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
If you have documentation to back up your claims, then it will sell. You've had it 3 years, what suspension servicing has been carried out? Great if you paid a recognised service agent to do it and have the receipts and reports, not so good if you did it yourself (no matter how well you did it). When advertising ask yourself what YOU would want to know if buying used, and put in the ad.

Good advice from @RebornRider and @Mabman

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Its key selling point is that it still has some warranty for the motor left. If it is absolutely standard and in good condition I would put its value at £2500--------£2900. The main problem you may have is that prospective buyers are unlikely to travel miles just to view it so although ebay has huge reach, in reality only potential buyers inc 50 miles radius are going to make that journey.Another option is to see if a local bike shop will sell it for you ( obviously charging a commission).

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
For my last two bike sales, my LBS offered to be the collection point and to answer any questions from the prospective purchaser. The LBS offered to do that because he had seen and worked on the bikes and knew them (and me) to be genuine. The buyers told me how much they valued this sales feature. On a £3000 sale I gave the LBS £50 in cash. I had to almost force him to take it. I gave him £20 on a £700 sale.

This service is something that the internet sales outlets cannot match.

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Many thanks for the replies regarding re-sale value.
I though around £2500-£3000, so thats a good start point to consider my options.

Help was most appreciated

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles