Levo Gen 2 2019 Levo glitches

Munsen Weegie

Jun 18, 2019
Luton
My Levo has recently developed a couple of issues. The first issue is the bike will switch on automatically and then off again after the default timeout period. I first thought is might be due to water ingress on the TCU, but have now ruled this out as there is no visible sign of water. The TCU does work as expected (almost, see issue 2). The bike is kept in my office indoors and I now leave the battery disconnected to stop the bike switching on automatically.....

The second issue is potentially Bluetooth related. I'm assuming BT connectivity is via the TCU. Connectivity takes an age to pair with my Blackview 6000 which is only used with my Levo. Odly enough the when it does pair with the BV6000 it intermittently only connects to the Bike and not the Motor. To fix this I have to remove the Levo and repair it with the phone. Annoying, but not a deal breaker.... I've not been able to use the OTA update service which may be related to the above issue. Give's me the option to update and the stops around 10-20% and says 'Nah' not happening mate.

It's worth noting that I'm on my 2nd motor, TCU and battery connector. All replaced under warranty back in Oct 2020. Bike has done 500 miles since then.

Anyone experiencing similar issues or have suggestions to fix?

levo.png

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
See attached pic of the Levo CAN. On the red circuit at 3 oclock you see the switch which is in the TCU, and that is what completes the circuit to power up the bike. That would suggest the switch on your TCU is in the on position permanently possibly due to a short circuit in the TCU. That may be due to water ingress. Others have described how long it takes to dry out the TCU if that happens. I suggest you remove it, unplug the USB port and keeping that uppermost place the TCU in a warm place like an airing cupboard for a couple of days.

Levo circuit.JPG

Munsen Weegie

Jun 18, 2019
Luton
See attached pic of the Levo CAN. On the red circuit at 3 oclock you see the switch which is in the TCU, and that is what completes the circuit to power up the bike. That would suggest the switch on your TCU is in the on position permanently possibly due to a short circuit in the TCU. That may be due to water ingress. Others have described how long it takes to dry out the TCU if that happens. I suggest you remove it, unplug the USB port and keeping that uppermost place the TCU in a warm place like an airing cupboard for a couple of days.

View attachment 50545
thanks for that. I will give that a try

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles