2019 Kenevo Ohlins spring rate question

largeextracheese

Apr 19, 2020
washington
Hello all. I'm new here (thanks for having me, Rob) and will be receiving my 2019 kenevo in a few days. The question I have is spring rates. I'm a big guy and I think the spring rate that comes with it on the XL will be too light for my 260 lb/117 kg frame. Anybody run into this? It looks like Ohlins doesn't make any heavier springs so can other brands fit the Ohlins? Any input would be great. Also, anyone break any Kenevos yet? Wondering how durable the frames are. I've broken many Specialized frames over the years. Hoping this one is tough.

Robbo746

Jan 23, 2020
Coolum Beach Australia
Hello all. I'm new here (thanks for having me, Rob) and will be receiving my 2019 kenevo in a few days. The question I have is spring rates. I'm a big guy and I think the spring rate that comes with it on the XL will be too light for my 260 lb/117 kg frame. Anybody run into this? It looks like Ohlins doesn't make any heavier springs so can other brands fit the Ohlins? Any input would be great. Also, anyone break any Kenevos yet? Wondering how durable the frames are. I've broken many Specialized frames over the years. Hoping this one is tough.
I got an Ohlins 640lb spring for it. I'm 220lbs so that wont be enough for you. Cane Creek do a heavier one that will work. I'm not sure what rate. . .but you will be able to get one.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
+ 3 on the cane creek springs. I run them in both my bikes. Just ordered a 650 for my heavier mates to ride mine.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
I had a 650 on my MK1 kenevo at 16stone. Only sagged about 20%. I've dropped to a 550 and it sags 30% now which seems about right. Haven't ridden it properly yet though. Riding weight is usually between 15 to 15.5 stone. I always get fat over winter when I don't ride!

Joeyrotundo

Apr 13, 2019
Canada , Vancouver Island
Hello,

Listed on the Ohlins site
18074-19 (124 nm 708 pound) spring

TF Tuned have it listed on their site as well.

Ohlins Lightweight Steel Springs 2.5" / 63mm stroke

For larger than that (700 and 800 pound) there is company that is taking orders, but the coil supplier (Italy) is on the mend and it might be late spring or longer before they bounce back and wind up production again.
Viva Italia!

MTB - Extreme Racing Shox

I think that's them though I found them though an ad on Pinkbike.

My kenevo has been excellent, just the lower pivot bolt snapped (common) . I am also beating the hell out of aluminum rims and am moving to a thick carbon with Cushcore at the rear to start. Not really the bike itself but a symptom of the fast (perhaps clumsy and sketchy) fun I am having on it. It nicely overbuilt.
No regrets at all with the bike.

Ride
Smile
Recharge
Repeat

Joey

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles