2019 Kenevo, Clutch in motor slipping?

JustinMD

Sep 23, 2019
Arizona
Went for a spin yesterday. All was good for a while but then the motor started whining and power was down. Eventually the motor stopped all together. The diagnostics on the app said all was healthy. Powered down and powered back on. Same thing. Now, if I turn the power down to eco, 15%/35%, the motor doesn't slip.

So, what is it that is slipping? It's not the belt. The belt is a cog. It's not the planetary gears set. My guess it that there is a sprag bearing, or one-way clutch bearing, a lot like the Onyx Sprag Hub that is slipping. Something that transfers the power to the crank shaft from the drive pulley is the problem.

Anyone have this issue? I'm going to put the covers/cranks back on and send it down to my local shop and see if anything can be done. I didn't buy the bike new so I might be SOL when it comes the the warrantee. I'll keep this forum posted on the results.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think the warranty is 2 year no matter who owns it. If you've got a copy of the original proof of purchase that will help, I'm guessing most owners register their bike on the spesh site when it's bought, so not sure if they use that to confirm things or not.

JustinMD

Sep 23, 2019
Arizona
I think the warranty is 2 year no matter who owns it. If you've got a copy of the original proof of purchase that will help, I'm guessing most owners register their bike on the spesh site when it's bought, so not sure if they use that to confirm things or not.
I sent the original owner a message to see if he has any paperwork he can send me. I'm sure it will help. The bike only has 250 miles on it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles