2019-2020 Levo (2020 Kenevo) Speed Unlock Levociraptor

Mxsledder

Apr 23, 2019
USA
Man I was beyond excited about this but my buddy at the dealer kinda ruined it. Said the bikes that have had them drained the battery much quicker and that the bikes are engineered to run as they come. I’m not sure what to do now.

Moogie

Jan 24, 2021
Netherlands
Well I have the levociraptor and I would recommend you to do it!
If you have problems of battery going dead quick just buy a 380W battery at

I ride around 140km with the extender and a levociraptor and ride like an animal throughout the trails :)

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
After more than five months of testing, I am pleased to announce the full integration of the new Levociraptor Generation 2 into BLEvo.
The new Levociraptor (called Gen2) integrates a Bluetooth module for connection with the SmartPhone. In addition to the unlocking of the speed (for Brose and SL motor) that can be customized from the phone, it also allows you to detect the ambient temperature, the atmospheric pressure to have the altitude measurement with extreme precision.
The joint development team has made it possible to achieve important improvements in SmartPower management in BLEvo as BLEvo will receive data directly from the Levociraptor without waiting for the delays introduced by the TCU. This integration with the SmartPower allows an improvement in responsiveness and fluidity in the delivery of engine power.
Through the BLEvo interface it is possible to instantly remove the speed release or send the position in the event of an accident, these two functions can be activated automatically in the event of an accident.
The interface with the Levociraptor Gen2 is available to all BLEvo users in free mode. Versions 3.9.0 for Android and 3.7.0 for iOS have been released and are available in the stores.

For more information on the product visit the website

The Levociraptor Gen2 will be available in a couple of weeks.
You can preorder it.

View attachment 60056

View attachment 60057

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
I pulled the trigger on one late last night, just had tracking number come through. Should have it fitted ready for the weekend ?

Turned up today less than 36hrs after payment, simple to install and does what it’s supposed to. Took it for a quick blast down the road and have it set to number 5 and my legs run out of cadence before the motor kicks out. Be great for the trials I ride.

let’s test longevity but looks like it’s built to last.
??

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
Man I was beyond excited about this but my buddy at the dealer kinda ruined it. Said the bikes that have had them drained the battery much quicker and that the bikes are engineered to run as they come. I’m not sure what to do now.

Getting rid of that constant annoying "motor on" "motor off" feeling when riding around the usual limit of 25kph is the main advantage of one of these.
If you use it just to avoid that then there's probably little difference on battery. If you get it to ride above the speed limit for prolonged periods it will definetely drain the battery quicker.

Last edited:

biglipps66

Apr 26, 2020
Los Angeles
Any reason to wait for the release of the second gen vs first? Besides the bluetooth and no dial, what are the perks for those running 2020 model bikes

Jason-DE

May 19, 2021
Germany
I changed my 2020 Levo with a 2021 version and installed my april 2020 raptor but it´s not working as before.
my dealer told me i have 2.2. motor and TCU version is 6.038
are there any issues with that one ?

Moogie

Jan 24, 2021
Netherlands
for me the only reset worked is the on and off 2 times.
first i tried the mode button and while pressing this switch on power, didnt work.. the on and off 2 times and it worked.
if this doesnt work take out the levociraptor and reset the bike, ride a bit and put back in the levociraptor.. reset again. (worked for me like this)

congerball

Jun 3, 2019
Yorkshire UK
@TrailwattsUK does Levociraptor or Levociraptor gen2 work with gen3 Levo's?

see post #7 in this thread - New Levociraptor - Unlock Brose & SL models - EMTB Forums

771BD2BE-BCD2-470F-BEC0-8AD09FF8A80E.png

art340

Jun 14, 2021
Poland
Perfect answer. Thanks a lot..

Paolo, what's wrong with my BLEvo?

How to set the BLEvo to have proper speed and distance? LEVO EXPERT 2019 - TCU 3.038 (26.B) Levociraptor set to 3 (ver. from SEP 2020)
In Mission Control wheel 2000mm. In BLEvo very weird 2254mm...

On EMTB forum some says that which is not working for me?!?
"You have told BlEvo that you use a speedunlock system which is set to fake-factor 3. BLEvo tells you that the speed limit now will be 3 x 25 km/h = 75 km/h.
The real wheelcircumfence is (and will stay) 2300 mm. BLEvo needs to know the real circumfence for recalculating real speed and distance."

Zrzut ekranu 2021-06-14 o 17.45.54.png

Zrzut ekranu 2021-06-14 o 17.47.48.png

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
You should set the wheel to its true size. Ideally measure it. Then you set the speed factor to what setting you have in the Levociraptor. So if you have mode three on the Levociraptor the Blevo speed factor should be set to 1.5.

robert_kowalx

Jun 19, 2021
Poland
Hello riders, can someone tell me if levociraptor affects battery consumption. Recently I was riding in the mountains with a friend who also had a spec turbo levo, we both had 15% of support. After 50 kilometers, I only had 10% of the battery left and he had over 30%. I had levociraptor, he didn't. I was about 5 kilograms heavier than him. We did not exceed 25 km / h. Sorry for google translator.

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
Derestrictors such as Velociraptor do not increase the amount of power supplied by the motor. The only thing that changes is that the motor can supply assistance above the factory speed cutoff. It's not going to consume more battery juice above the cutoff compared to below the cutoff unless the rider also puts more power into the pedals.

Based on looking at a bunch of BLEvo logs, I think you will drain the battery faster doing a steep climb at 10 kph than you will cruising a flat fire road at 30 kph. All of my logs show that my highest rider power happens on climbs (no surprise there). Highest rider power means highest motor power, which means highest rate of battery drain.

tpbftw

Nov 26, 2019
New Zealand
My bike wouldnt power up after i washed it. I tried pulling it apart and drying the wiring looms out but no luck. The TCU was completely dead.

So i removed the levoicraptor, and took it to my LBS without resetting anything (i couldn't... it was dead)

They replaced some wiring and got it working again, and then upgraded the TCU to 22.B, firmware 7.4.2.

They noticed the wheel circumference was "wrong" so they reset it.

I told them i was using Blevo, didnt mention the levoicraptor. They knew about Blevo, and suggested i may have issues with my warranty down the track if i need to use it.

Oh well, wait and see, fingers crossed I dont need to claim it.

Now the question is, do i reinstall the levoicraptor using the new updates. I guess i have already compromised my warranty so why stop now?

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
My bike wouldnt power up after i washed it. I tried pulling it apart and drying the wiring looms out but no luck. The TCU was completely dead.

So i removed the levoicraptor, and took it to my LBS without resetting anything (i couldn't... it was dead)

They replaced some wiring and got it working again, and then upgraded the TCU to 22.B, firmware 7.4.2.

They noticed the wheel circumference was "wrong" so they reset it.

I told them i was using Blevo, didnt mention the levoicraptor. They knew about Blevo, and suggested i may have issues with my warranty down the track if i need to use it.

Oh well, wait and see, fingers crossed I dont need to claim it.

Now the question is, do i reinstall the levoicraptor using the new updates. I guess i have already compromised my warranty so why stop now?

If only you didn’t admit to the Blevo app and play dumb, “in the voice of a scooby doo villain” “I would have got away with it if wasn’t for you pesky kids”

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles